Can anyone recommend a good CD Player?

rockhound

I searched found a few topics on this but not exactly what I was after so

Can anyone recommend a good single disc cd player for around 350.00? It will be paired with a Nakamichi 2A-TA if that matters. All advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

Oppo has good soud, but it loads the CD data painfully slowly. I have some CD's I made but have been too lazy to label. I play drums to them. When I put one in, I have to wait. If it is not the right one, I have to put the next one in and wait. The loading speed could be much improved on Oppo..... or I could simply label my CD's. [:$]

$350 new or is used an option? When they have them available Emotiva sells their "B-Stock" ERC1s at $350. It's a very nice player for the money. Otherwise a new one $424 delivered.

Used opens up a LOT of options. Look at some of the older TOTL DVD players. Many of them had very good audio DACs in them and make great CD players. The ones I'm familiar with are the Pioneer Elite (DV-47AVi & DV-59AVi) and Integra (forget the number). Very good at playing CDs. I don't know about DVDs though, I never tried one in any of them :)