New Reference Line?

chise1

An authorized dealer off Klipsch's website is selling them.. Is there any problem with running RF-7 II's for front and rear.

Im sure there wouldnt be any problems running them in the rear . Any chance you'd like to share your authorized Klipsch dealer so others can prosper ? Its not for me I already have my 7II's and my 64II got a great deal and totaly love them by the way and what a performer in every area .

$2300? That sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. Even if you pay tax on top.

If you have the room 4x rf-7 II's would be awesome! Expecially if you can force stereo surround and use all channels to play what would normally be a 2 channel signal for music. I am currently running rf-63's in this type of situation and am loving it. I am not sure what your music/movie ratio would be but I don't know if I could justify the cost of 4 rf-7's if I wasn't going to be using them a large percentage of the time. If most of your time is spent on movies I would advise cheaper surrounds (rf-82's or smaller) and use the left over cash for a good sub since the rear channels won't see a lot of use.

My pennies for what they're worth anyhow

• 6 years later...

Perhaps it's been done, or maybe this is a restoration idea for anyone with broken and lost plastic pins on their RF7 grills, while the rest of their grill is in perfect condition.

Is there any way to repair the RF-7 speaker grill with broken and lost pegs with a magnet system similar to the various bookshelf versions that so gracefully latch on and off with ease? 

I was thinking about modding the speaker to hold neodymium round base magnets and the grill itself with a set of basic adhesive push pin size magnets so the grill snaps on and off easily.

Interested if anyone has done this, would be great to follow some recommendations.  Klipsch support no longer has RF7 grills to send out under warranty and the place they recommend actually wants to replace the whole grill but I don't want that.

17 minutes ago, RoboKlipsch said:

They make a mistake not stocking massive amounts of parts imo.  i thought they still made them...had no idea they changed the grills

Maybe so, but not very many companies support discontinued products, especially after a decade...Keep in mind they are in the business to sell new speakers and if they were able to keep everything from cosmetics to crossovers then that would cut into sales . Fwiw, I started thinking about this in a discussion that was had several years ago and then they run into the situation where folks would ask about buying upgraded parts to put to put into old speakers--Yes there would be a market, but I for one would like to see a magnetic upgrade kit to replace the lousy peg design of the Original RF-7s/RC-7s.

On that note, I do wonder why the RB-75s incorporate that design and the others didn't. :wacko: 

I also thought it was interesting that the RF-7IIs evidently installed crossovers in such a way that purchasing an aftermarket design wasn't as easy to 'plug-n-play.'

22 hours ago, RoboKlipsch said:

How do they not have support for Rf7s?  

The thread is from 2010. 

It's hard to figure why a new poster would dig this 7 year-old post up instead of starting a new one, over grill pegs.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:46 AM, Patrick said:

Cross post, raising visibility to this thread.

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

The thread is from 2010. 

It's hard to figure why a new poster would dig this 7 year-old post up instead of starting a new one, over grill pegs.

I believe he has. {See above.}

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoboKlipsch said:

They make a mistake not stocking massive amounts of parts imo.  i thought they still made them...had no idea they changed the grills

Carrying slow moving inventory is probably the fastest way to bankrupt any business. Tying up unnecessary cash that doesn't allow you to invest in new products. Not a mistake.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

Name five companies that do this.

Parts Express. 

We are proud to offer our customers - from sound technicians to audio enthusiasts - over 18,000 of the finest audio / video products for quality home and professional installations, all at highly discounted prices.

http://www.parts-express.com/about-us

Ok, that's only one.  :P