Lets see your "other" system

rplace

• Moderators

Wow fancy beer setup, almost looks like something you would see in the back woods in Ten, NC, or Kentucky, but they were not making beer.

If I were your neighbor I would be a regular customer, really regular.

• Moderators

The speakers mounted on the back wall is behind that beam, you can't see them from where this pic was taken.

The room is the same right now except there is some clean clothes on the chair on the left, I'm not folding them. [;)]

Edit; after looking at the pic again, the box (sub) on the left side of the TV is gone, and the empty hole above the TV to the right is where the 2 amps and Dx 38 is for the MWM's.

post-11804-13819616207312_thumb.jpg

post-11804-13819620348602_thumb.jpg

Yes all grain for many years now. Here is a better shot. I have since replaced the 15 gallon boil kettle on the left with a 26 gallon pot. I made the stand from 2x4 lumber just to keep everything in one place. Not very pretty, but it functions well.

Nice set-up, I wish I had you as a neighbor.

How many gallons can you brew at a time (15 gal)? Can you fit 8 cornelius kegs in your fridg?, I see that you have 8 taps.

That 26 gallon BK will easily boil 20 gallons, but I typically do 10 gallon batches (12 in the fermenter netting two full 5-gal kegs and a bit to play with). I have done 15 from time to time of something I know will go quick. The converted Perlick keg cooler will hold 12 cornys but 8 on tap at a time is work to keep up with. Right now I have 7 on tap. The extra room is used for conditioning and lagering.

You should check out the forums at more beer if you don't know about them. Tons of great info just like here http://forums.morebeer.com/

I made beer a few times with a buddy, probably 30 years ago, but we didn't get into grains (used the concentrates, and hop pellets). We had a 20-gallon food-grade plastic primary fermenter, and 5 gallon carboys. Tasted wonderful, of course. The biggest hassle for me was sterilizing the bottles. We used "used" bottles, so soaking-off the old labels took a lot of time, too. Rich, how do you clean bottles? Can they go into the dishwasher? What's a decent beer-making system run? Hmm, I'll bet that's just as complex a question as "what's a decent hifi system cost?" Your set-up looks superb.

Getting back to the original subject... Here's the Guest Room system.

Posted Image

Onkyo TX-8511 receiver, Panasonic RP-91 DVD player, Realistic Lab 400 with a Grado Black, Klipsch WO Heresys (75 vintage) and a Vizio 32" LCD.

The Heresys are an ongoing "rebuild" project. At the moment they've had the front edge banding removed and been sanded. Inside they've got K-24s. Selenium D250X squawkers on K-700 horns, CT125 tweeters and DIY Type E2/4500 balancing networks. They sound pretty good in a 13' X 15' room.

I'm waffling between refinishing the walnut and having a second 2-channel system or veneering them to match my La Scalas and using them as surrounds. Surround duty seems like such a waste of a pair of Heresys. Especially for someone who rarely watches a movie with the 5.1 system. HMMMM.... [:D]

tidy and cute setup..... i like heresys .they are very musical, live and open sounding . what are your comments

I'm not sure if "cute" is one of the descriptors that I'd use but thanks for the kind words... [;)]

I've always liked the Heresy sound. Like you state "very musical". Paired with a decent subwoofer they're probably all the speakers most folks would ever need. For several years now I thought about acquiring three more Heresys and using them in a 5.1 system for movies. As it is a decent 2-channel system is all I really need or want. I don't watch enough movies to justify the expense of setting up the system. Maybe someday though.

A pair of Heresys was my re-introduction to the Klipsch family a few years ago. I had a pair of Belles years ago that I foolishly sold to appease the then (now ex) wife. I went through a LOT of different speakers over the years never quite satisfied with the sound. I picked up a pair of Heresys locally for a really good price planning to use them in the garage. After listening to them for a few days I realized that this was the "sound" I had been looking for all these years.

Like a drug addiction the Heresys led to a pair of Cornwalls which in turn led to a pair of La Scalas. If I had a suitable room I'd have a pair of Klipschorns but they just will not work in my living room. Along the journey there have also been a pair of Cornscalas and a pair of Forte's. All good speakers but each has a very different character.

Would I be satisfied with Heresys in the living room as my "main" speakers? No. My room is just too big for them. The La Scalas on the other hand are probably a bit more than I need but they sure sound nice and I have no plans to replace them any time soon.

Bill, RB5's in Mahogany.Very sweet system. Dibbs if you ever sell them.

I have the blonde maple RB3's and loved the sound but they didn't match at all. Now just using Icon WB14 in the cabernet, it matches my cherry furniture exactly. Those are hooked to a Yamaha 2 ch receiver and Yamaha 5 CD changer. The whole rig works together and has the all important sleep-timer.

Whoa be the day Colter makes a speaker decision based on aesthetics.

Bill, RB5's in Mahogany.Very sweet system. Dibbs if you ever sell them.

Michael,

Though I have no reason at all to sell the RB-5's, you are first in line if I do. Maybe you could plan another road trip to Marshall's(check out the "new" Wall of Voodoo) and Key West and stop on by and pick them up so I wouldn't have to ship them. They really are beautiful and sound better than any bookshelf speaker I have ever heard. The amount and quality of bass defies physics. Very musical and sound much bigger than they are.

Bill

Let's just call it a work in progress. The wife calls it an eyesore at the moment (it's in the living room), but it'll be moved soon enough. Some day I'll get a real integrated amplifier and CD player to go with the speakers instead of just the cheapo Insignia box (not that it doesn't do its job).

post-45842-13819616636536_thumb.jpg

post-45842-1381962067581_thumb.jpg