"No Results" on Heritage

WMcD

I check the Heritage Products from time to time to see if the new units might be there. Tonight, the return is "No Results."

Now, maybe they're just getting ready for the big new release.

Come on webmaster, give us the goods.

Gil

I Go with Gil on this one!

Having grown tired of waiting, I bought pre-owned Khorns & Belle about a week before the news that production line was to be started in mid-April. So who cares? Well my authorized Klipsch dealer for openers...cwm34.gif

At least, can you give us a date as to when the secret modifications of the new Heritage line will be revealed?

cwm35.gif -HornEd

PS: Gil, have you any impressions and/or Mavica images of the book signing... or the meeting with PWK afterward?

This message has been edited by HornEd on 04-05-2002 at 07:17 AM

I agree, I am finally looking to build a house have a more dedicated place for a HT set up. I would love to know when, and what lines will be offered for the Heritage line up, so I can better budget everything in advance.

Personally, I am VERY excited to hear my investment in what I already own in the Klipsch Heritage line will be back again. Thanks Klipsch for bringing it all back!!!!!!

Dear Horn Ed,

Unfortunately, work issues did not allow me to travel to Hope. I'm sorry I missed it. We really need a yearly get together.

Ed is giving me a little rib on the Mavica. Smile. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago and found the LCD screen was broken. Probably my fault for not being more careful with it. I sent it off the Sony Service Center.

If the cost of repair is too dear, I might have to upgrade. Cringe.

Gil

Something is definitely afoot. I'm all a'twitter with anticipation. I check the Heritage info on the website every day or three. I recently visited a Klipsch vendor in Overland Park KS -- no news there. But for sure, something sonically wicked this way comes!

...just wonder what the pricing will be like. Also, if the new heritage will be as good a sonic match with the older stuff.

------------------

JDM

No rib, prime or otherwise, Gil. I thought you had made it to Hope... and staunch support of the Mavica led me to believe that it would be at your side.

In effect, I was poking fun at myself for having over $10k of digital equipment to record the event... and a sensitive cardiologist that pulled the plug on my flight to Hope.

Never-the-less, I appreciate your good humor and always interesting posts. -HornEd

Will they just retool and make better Heritage or will they have somthing NEW!!!s>?

Will there be a Hersey III? And everything else will be II's?

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Production is not scheduled until mid-April.

There is information about the new Heritage out "there". Essentially, Klipsch is going back to the future with the lone. New versions of the K-55-V and K-77-M will be used and a new crossover network is required. K-horn is to be issued first, La Scala next, and Belle and Heresy later. Heresy III would be a good development name, but I don't know what the official name will be. The bass horns and squawker horns were not changed. R&D on the drivers and crossover caused the delays. There was apparently some difficulty at the OEMs. I have some theories as to what may have been going on, but no facts. The new drivers are said to be smoother and the result is a warmer speaker.

A retrofit kit is also expected some time in the future.

John

This message has been edited by John Albright on 04-06-2002 at 12:57 PM

Checked out the new Khorns on the Klipsch website. Interestingly, the new K55 driver uses a 2" throat in lieu of the old 1 5/8" throat. Should deliver even lower distortion. Wonder who manufactures it? I bet if ole Tom Brennon peeked in the back of a new Khorn, he'd be able to tell us. If you get a look, Tom, let us know.

Warm regards,

Andy

Guys, I also noticed some different frequency numbers, with the new LaScalas at 53hz to 17khz+3db. Also, No prices.....very interesting....It's exciting to see the line back though...

This message has been edited by rowooo on 04-08-2002 at 05:10 PM

The K-55-X is so close the the late K-55-V it would scare you. They are still using the K-401 horn. The throat hasn't changed, it's still 1" and the voice coil is still 2". I'll bet that is what you saw. The K-55-X is made by the same outfit that made the K-55-V, but has a new name.

John

Just the fact that when you go to the products page and see that "NEW" star logo on the Heritage pages, and at the bottom of the Klipschorn specifications page it states:

Years built: 1946 -

That's a pretty and most welcome sight to seecwm17.gif

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

A Beast is Lurking.........To be unleashed May 2002

so, we are still awaiting the release... i was hoping that mr. pwk would announce it at the book signing in march. maybe i can get two heritage speakers for that home theater i am building and use my garage found marantz 500 to power it... :) though i guess that i could power a 4 speaker system with that... :)

think the prices are going to be ~$1400 for cornwalls?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

I see that the published frequency responses have changed for the Heresy II also (I think). If I am not mistaken, the claimed range used to be 50 hz to 20,000 hz and now it is 63 hz to 20,000 hz. If I am mistaken, I apologize. If not, I assume that this is simply a more honest spec, rather than an actual change in performance. I assume the same as to the La Scala and Belle, which used to claim 45 and now 55 hz (which may still be a bit generous from what I have heard).

Good news that they are back!

well, i like the heresy better anyways, since i have actually heard them Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

17Khz to 50 hz was the limit for the Heresy I of 1981, though I often felt the 50hz was very generous. The Heresy certainly sounds better when you limit its response to about 90 hz and let a sub do the rest.

I have it on the very QT (though I could be wrong) that Klipsch will indeed introduce a new Heritage line speaker. It will be called "Son of Heresy". It will look something like this

http://216.37.9.58/ubb/uploads/cc1091/SOH1.jpg

cwm7.gif