Anti Cables and IC's

jcmusic

Hey ole friend!!! How are you??? I trust all is well, I am good. Ok what about a well made cable vs a cheaply made one? Are they going to sound the same??? What about Silver vs Copper???

Jay

I'm doing well Jay. This subject is a huge can of worms that I'd rather just not get involved in... This has been covered countless times on this very forum... with that said.

A well made cheap cable can work as it should. by the same token a poorly made (designed) cheap cable can work like crap.... The exact same statements hold true on expensive cables.... A good cable IMHO should not have any audible sound.

To make matters even worse one cable can sound great on one system and like dung on the next... usually this cable is a real pile of crap IMHO and could costs pennies or thousands...

What a cable costs has zero to do with how it performs.

(.... A good cable IMHO should not have any audible sound. ) That is what I am after!!! I know it takes a pretty good system to expose the cables sound be it good or bad, thats why I am looking for a cable without any colored sound. As you said this is like beating a dead horse, thanks just the same for your opinion!!!

Jay

I listened to a system using anti-cables. The sound was very good. I was surprised how quiet the system was since none of the cables had shielding at all. twisted wire anti-cable end to end.

Most so-called 'high-end' cables are a blatant ripoff. In saying that, some more expensive cables feature good quality connectors. For those that plug and unplug often, good quality connectors can be a deal breaker.

Also some more expensive cables just look better. Now if you have your cables on display, aesthetics can be a deal breaker too...

Because the only way a cable can improve or degrade the sound is via EQ.... The cables job is to pass the signal with the least influence possible.

I think that is the most succinct and accurate statement ever posted on this board. Again, the anti-cables are dirt cheap in cable terms so you can't get hurt. I do believe Craig, and many others here are also fans of Blue Jeana Cables and some are liking Monoprice, because they do the trick for small bucks.

Simply swapping out your cables can have a dramatic effect because if they haven't been disturbed in awhilee they may not be making good contact with your components.

Others like this whole cable nonsense, have spent the bucks, sucked down the cool-aid and are not about to be convinced that they wasted their dough. Either that or something's wrong their system that a cable helped improve by changing the sound (something a cable really shouldn't be doing, see Craig above) and this lends credence to the false proposition that cables are another component in the chain you should be playing with.

I havent spent big bucks on cables but I can certainly tell the difference between them. I have cable preferences much like I have tube preferences. Its ok if others cannot hear the nuance. I can. I am not saying that cables are the end all but they are part of the package. At least to my ears!

Josh

• 1 year later...