2 Channel Music Systemsc>

MusicOnly.JPG

2 Channel Music

Laurel IIX Mono Blocks

Conrad-Johnson PV-14L Preamp

Conrad-Johnson EV-1 Phono Stage

71 ALK Cornwall II's (w/Laurels)

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable

Fisher 800B Tube Receiver (Outs to CJ Preamp)

84 Heresy's-Inverted(w/Fisher 800B)

Technics SL-D2 Turntable

Sony CDP-CA80ES

Sony Cassette TC-K444esII

DAK Stereo Power Controller

Klipschorns.JPG

Klipschorns (Temp Set-UP)

Jolida 102B Tube Amp

Ah! Tjoeb 99 CD

Sony MDS-JE320 MiniDisc Deckf>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 07-14-2002 at 04:36 PM

Really nice!

Wondering if you've ever used another SS amp in your HT setup and if so,can you give us a comparo as to any differences in sound between the Outlaw and the possible other amp?

How good a job do the RS-3's do for surround effects mounted on the rear wall?I'm thinking about trying my WDST surrrounds on my rear wall.

What do you think of the sound using Corns only for surrounds and RS-3's only for surrounds as opposed to using both.If it matters,I personally prefer the both.

And it looks good too, Shape.Thanks for posting the pics.

Keith

Doug/rowooo/Voodoo chile,

Thanks for viewing and your comments. I feel that my progression is a bit like eating an elephant, a bite at a time. Our love of Klipsch speakers is what makes it all worthwhile.

Keith,

Thanks to you also. The only other SS amp I've used is the NAD 2400THX amp that now powers my SVS in bridged mode. Both NAD products are comparable in the sound they produce. Have used early 90's Technics and Sony ProLogic receivers and much preferred the sound of the Technics to the Sony. The Sony was a harsher and brighter, must say it was an inexpensive model. I do like the combination of the NAD receiver with the Outlaw amp, very musical and realistic. The downside of the receiver is it's only 5.1, but will be hard to replace from a musical standpoint.

The RS-3's do a really wonderful job of providing ambient sounds for HT, given my room restrictions, there just isn't enough space for additional full range speakers to adequately fill the void. Also, the cost for additional full range speakers is a major consideration too. So my compromise was to use the RS-3's. Being WDST speakers, they add those room filling ambient sounds to the rear seating area for HT. Having the rear Corns are a joy when I play 5 channel music and they do make a significant impact for HT. So due to my room and budget restrictions, full range and WDST are the best for my HT setup.

Thanks again everyone.

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

hey, can i put that on my Rigs section of my website? it looks awesome!

http://www.lotsui.net/soundwise/id76.htm

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Hey justin_tx_16,

Glad to see you've fully recovered. Hows that media room progressing? Wish I had the technical savy to offer suggestions.

quote:

Originally posted by justin_tx_16:

hey, can i put that on my Rigs section of my website?

Don't mind if no personal name or address is revealed. As you know we like to prevent those light fingered felons from lifting our Klipsch!

Later,

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

Yep

My good buddy Wes, one whos known to have his own klipsch museum!

Hey Wes just for the hell of it, add it all up, and post how much youve invested, so when i own that much ill know myself LOL!

Your 2 channel looks vintage, is that an old harman kardon reciever?

I still love my outlaw, and still enjoying 4 cornwalls!

academy klf-c7 etc!

Outlaw 1050

Cornwall front

Cornwall front

Pyramid \Amp outboard to fronts

Academy center thank you again

KlF-c7 rear center

RS-3 2s rear

RP-3 modified to a JBL 12 inch with a 12 inch JBL passive radiator

Harman Kardon 7325 CD player

Zenith DVD with progressive scan

Sony flatscreen trinitron 27inch TV

Dish network

Regards Jim

Teac A-4010 reel to reel

Q-Man,

Those wonderful K-77 tweeters of yours are in the rear 85 Cornwall I's with 1971 B Networks. They really made an improvement in the timbre and tone match to the fronts. Sure appreciate your selling to me!

Tom,

Our Quartets are alive and playing well, they're pulling duty in an upstairs bedroom with the Eico HF-81 and Tuner. You were the match maker and Quartet marriage yet lives!

Jim,

Hey bud! Thanks for the compliments. Glad to hear from you and hope all is well with you and the family. You know I've never cataloged the speakers and cost. Probably should as least for insurance purposes. Will do that and post in the future. The receiver in the 2 channel setup is an old Fisher 800B very early 60's vintage, had it completely rebuilt during the fall of last year. Enjoy those 4 Cornwalls and never sell them.

James,

Thanks for viewing and your comments. It's nice to be in a place where we have a common link, love and admiration for a hobby. More especially for Klipsch Speakersthe glue that binds us all!

Best regards to all,

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 04-11-2002 at 05:49 AM

Your listening rooms prove that Klipsch can enhance the WAF. So who says you can't have a houseful of Klipsch without angering the wife? Those rooms look gorgeous - my wife gives them her stamp of approvalcwm38.gif

Wonderful job, Wes!

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

A Beast is Lurking.........To be unleashed May 2002

Wes i would definately get insurance the reason why i mentioned how much youve spent is because i have 6,000.00 on what i have LOL!

So id roughly say youve got 3 times that LOL!

I am surprised you dont have k-horns!

Unless their stashed away and we dont know it LOL!

No i wont sell these, i almost made a stupid move, i love all 4!

I think i was one of the first on the BB to have 4 cornwalls, im not sure!

My RP-3 12 inch mod, is ok, but i still would like to SVS this someday!

Jobman is selling k-horns for 1,600.00 if your interested hes in Cal!

Ive seen them on e-bay their nice!

He has 4 belles thats now another rare situation!

Were all doing ok, im going out to Vegas for 3 days my sister is getting married, ill see you all Monday!

Regards Jim

quote:

Originally posted by ShapeShifter:

Hey justin_tx_16,

Glad to see you've fully recovered. Hows that media room progressing? Wish I had the technical savy to offer suggestions.

Don't mind if no personal name or address is revealed. As you know we like to prevent those light fingered felons from lifting our Klipsch!

Later,

Wes

how's this? still working on the SWF intro and gonna add you to the poll Smile.gif but just wanted to let you know it is up.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

dndphishin,

Being a single guy, your wife's approval means is indeed a special compliment. I strived to integrate the speakers into a family home type setting. Didn't want it to look like I had a bachlors pad, as I'm well beyond those years.

Jim,

Oh yes, I do have the necessary coverage for audio as well as my firearms. Just don't have them on an all inclusive listing. Have individual documentation and prices in a firesafe. Need to input everything into a database or spreadsheet. Darn, looks like another thing to add to the do list! Enjoy your trip and best wishes to Bride and Groom.

justin_tx_16,

Nice site! Man, you're darn quick and very good too. You've got quite an eleborate setup.

Take care all,

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

• 3 weeks later...