Watches Anyone?

rplace

Great thread!

Honestly; I have not owned a watch since the Casio calculator watch I had in high school in the early '90s.

Recently; my Fiancee has mentioned this to me; and was poking around as to what style I like......

I may have to start a thread: "Best bang for buck watch?" lol......

Keep it coming.......

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread!

Honestly; I have not owned a watch since the Casio calculator watch I had in high school in the early '90s.

Recently; my Fiancee has mentioned this to me; and was poking around as to what style I like......

I may have to start a thread: "Best bang for buck watch?" lol......

Keep it coming.......

Best bang for the buck watch? My cellular telephone.

My wife hinted at buying me a watch - or at least was trying to inquire if it was something I was interested in. I said "Nahhhh - it will just end up sitting in a drawer while it ages".

I have a bit of a weird resistance to body jewelry. It just seems foreign - as if something is on my body that doesn't belong. When I was young (maybe 14), I was given a watch as a gift and could never get used to wearing it. I can't wear sunglasses either - the simple light weight on my nose and around the eyes gives me a headache. My wedding ring is the one item of jewelry I do wear, but only on occasion as it gets in the way of my work and is just too nice to trash it on the job.

I have better uses for audio gears and Super Bowl tickets if you want to talk about expensive items I dream about.....

Man! No response ;) Eh I'll come clean.... the Brietling watch I posted is actually a fake I recieved from a friend a few years ago. I never wear it, but thought I would dig it out for this thread. I usually wear a black Fossil.

Sorry, been away for a while, at watch forums [;)] I was about to say nice 'Ling, but something did not look quite right. I bought a fake Rolex in NYC from a guy on the street, just so I could say I did. He wanted $20 for it, we bought two for $35. I ran great for a long time. Easy to tell it was a fake, but I was not trying to pass it off as real. The fakes really crack me up. Don't bother me in the least. Sort of like a tribute band.

I am loving my new watch. Going on two weeks almost.

I have a bit of a weird resistance to body jewelry. It just seems foreign

When I got married, I slipped her ring on (her) and she put mine on me. In 41 years, I had never worn rings or anything other than a watch. I knew I would not like wearing a wedding ring but, I was going to MAKE it happen.

So now I'm out & about for several months with my new bling on my finger. Frankly, with my stubby little fingers, I thought it looked stupid. Interestingly one day, she said to me (bear in mind that she sells jewlery) "you know.... I don't really think your hands look right with a ring on them..... you know that you dont HAVE to wear that ring don't you?"

I said that I was making all efforts to get accustomed to it.

She went on to say.. "ok, let me be more clear.... frankly, I do not think that ring LOOKS good on you....your hands look better without rings on, I don't think you should wear it"

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Well.... I DID find myself being VERY self conscious of it.... and knew it held its own distractions for me as something foreign to my way of being.

I don't remember the rest of the conversation but we'll just leave it at, she won.

Today I don't wear it. Interestingly, just a couple weeks ago, I asked her where it was. She gave me a mumble mumble answer.... I said "I'll bet you sold it for the gold content"

Though she laughed at my silly idea, it was a nervous laugh!

10 years later, I'm not sure either of us know where it is.