Listening to my TV speakers for the first time :(

wuzzzer

So last week I sold my Emotiva amp and as of tonight I sold my Emotiva pre-amp. Now I sit here listening to the speakers on my TV. Sad thing is my wife says they sound the same as the Fortes.

I am probably going to buy a Panasonic SA-XR25 digital receiver from a guy on the Emotiva forum. I really am curious to hear what it sounds like. Kind of sucks that I have to go through Super Bowl Sunday with my TV's crappy speakers.

• Moderators

Sad thing is my wife says they sound the same as the Fortes.

[bs] She is just saying that so you feel better............or she is close to deaf ? [:o]

Next time she's trying on clothes and ask you what looks better say they all look about the same just different colors, nothing special. [:S]

Sad thing is my wife says they sound the same as the Fortes.

PWK BS Button She is just saying that so you feel better............or she is close to deaf ? Surprise

Next time she's trying on clothes and ask you what looks better say they all look about the same just different colors, nothing special. Tongue Tied

Or the ultimate WAF ultieror motive: WAF itself. She prefers the visual impact of NOT having great big speakers.

Bummer dude! I recently hooked up my Heresey II's to just my tv (Pionner PRO-1150HD) and was astonished at how great they sound from just running off the TV no amp/pre nothing. Anyway my wife said the same thing.."I can't hear the difference" but they sure make our living room look ugly! I was just dumbfounded you know the saying woman are from VENUS.... [H]

I'm not selling everything. The Fortes are here to stay and even though I have my SVS/Samson combo listed for sale in the Garage Sale section I think I might keep them also. I don't regret the decisions I've made and look forward to having my Klipsch for a very long time.

Mark,

Thanks for all your help on my first thread in the Klipsch family. I know things will work out well for you. You are just entering another phase of your life that is centered in another place. It's an adventure -- grab it and live it moment by moment. It's like Hewey, Dewey. amd Lewey said to Uncle Scrooge in the cartoon: Gee, if we knew we were going to live through it, we would have enjoyed it more! ;?) Best wishes in all you do that's really important, and God bless. I'll try to figure a way to get my phone number to you (I don't know what a PM is -- thought it had to do with a woman ;?) Call, or not. Whatever suits you.

Greg

Now I sit here listening to the speakers on my TV. Sad thing is my wife says they sound the same as the Fortes.

Is it just me or does something sound wrong. If your TV and your hi-fi system sound the same, something is seriously wrong. Is you wife hearing impaired?

Kind of sucks that I have to go through Super Bowl Sunday with my TV's crappy speakers.

You didn't miss much as the sound had problems from the pregame through the half time show.

Is it just me or does something sound wrong. If your TV and your hi-fi system sound the same, something is seriously wrong. Is you wife hearing impaired?

You must have missed the post that Wuzz made prior to this regarding him taking a different direction in his life.

I think with my wife its more that she doesn't care if she's listening to TV or watching a movie through the TV's speakers or through my Klipsch. She doesn't appreciate or understand the difference. She doesn't mind me owning what I own but if she were on her own I know she'd never listening to anything other than the TV's speakers.

You must have missed the post that Wuzz made prior to this regarding him taking a different direction in his life.

Sorry, I'm so dense. Have to say that I'm not a big fan of Emotiva with Klipsch. I'm thinking the Panasonic might not be a downgrade, it might actually work out. Wuzzzer, things will work out I'm sure. Hi-fi gear comes and goes, sometimes for the better. Thanx, Russ

• Moderators

Kind of sucks that I have to go through Super Bowl Sunday with my TV's crappy speakers.

You didn't miss much as the sound had problems from the pregame through the half time show.

As it turned out you never missed anything with the Halftime show, if that was as good as audio gets I would sell all my speakers. [N]

Haha, my parents used to say the same thing until we did a side by side and I was able to point out obvious details in the music that dissappeared on the TV speakers. The funny thing is my dad wanted to upgrade after that, but I talked him into keeping his Bose...