Wow! Its crazy out there

jacksonbart

The only thing I have to add is it will probably get worse before it gets better.....

Didn't we just withdrawl from Iraq? (Mostly?). They have a prostest scheduled for tomorrow in all major Iraqi cities.

Iran will be next......

Who is ready for $6.00 per gallon of gas?

Perhaps we really are in the "End Times"...... [:|]

The only thing I have to add is it will probably get worse before it gets better.....

Didn't we just withdrawl from Iraq? (Mostly?). They have a prostest scheduled for tomorrow in all major Iraqi cities.

Iran will be next......

Perhaps we really are in the "End Times"...... Indifferent

Why did God put our oil under their sand?

...bring back the ottoman empire Cool...

Actually, the Byzantines were a lot more interesting, IMHO. The very word "Byzantine" has come to mean:

1. very complex: extremely complex or intricate
2. devious: marked by deviousness or scheming

This is REALLY an interesting subject. Rehashing the favorite subjects of contemporary talking heads gets a bit hackneyed for my tastes...

[Y]

Chris

...bring back the ottoman empire Cool...

Actually, the Byzantines were a lot more interesting, IMHO. The very word "Byzantine" has come to mean:

1. very complex: extremely complex or intricate
2. devious: marked by deviousness or scheming

This is REALLY an interesting subject. Rehashing the favorite subjects of contemporary talking heads gets a bit hackneyed for my tastes...

Yes

Chris

Yes This makes me wish I had paid more attention in my humanities class the first two years of college. I went to a small liberal arts college that required 12 hours of a class called heritage of western man. It started with the time of recorded history and went through WWII. It studied history, art, architecture, philosophy, literature and religion and how the related to each other through the different times. I remember the Byzatine empire being very large influencial and domineering society for Europe and the mid east. This would include most of western culture. Probably as important as the Romans.

Probably as important as the Romans.

[:D] They were the Roman empire (i.e., they never called themselves "Byzantines"--they called themselves "the Roman Empire"). They survived up until 1453 and they were the cause of the Crusades--when Emperor Alexios I Komnenos called for help in 1095...and the Christians that followed were the ones that finally overthrew Constantinople.

The Byzantines were the first to adapt Christianity as the state religion (Constantine). The Nicene creed came from a conference called by the Roman Emperor Constantine to cool religious fervor. Historically, the books of the New Testament were selected and canonized under the Byzantines, largely to offset another Eastern Roman Bishop (Marcion) that had "different ideas". Christian history authors typically don't like to talk about this period of political history.

If all this happened today I bet it'd overtake CNN headlines for a long time...

Chris

Iran will be next......

Perhaps we really are in the "End Times"...... Indifferent

Why did God put our oil under their sand?

We have plenty of oil in our unexplored wilderness but We want to be politically correct and leave that in a pristine state. That being said

we do need to get our act together and further enhance our use of alternative power supplies. I am for nuclear power and as dangerous as

it could be, for now we have to accept it. But if we are going to risk the potential disaster to the environment a nuclear power plant can

bring, then we should also be willing to drill for oil anywhere where we can get it. Just my 2 cents.

There is another option that I was going to post but it may cause to much of an uproar.

Like I said I wish I'd paid more attention in school. I always thought that Rome was dead after the west was over ran by the germans in about 500ad. I went back and read a little and see that the eastern romen empire lived on.

In school I was more into beer and girls than the start of western civilization.