"Timbre Match"

Big Dog

The Christian does not use logic to argue gods existence. They use words like faith and believe. They quote passages from the bible (a book written by man). Man created Christianity. I already said man created religion but I am trying to be more specific here so the point doesn't get lost. Religion is the worst WMD man ever invented. It has caused more deaths than anything else on earth. But hey, it has been a effective way to control population so I guess it's not all bad. :)

Religeon does not cause death nor war. A want for power does. War has been masked in the cloak of religeon many times, but it's really always about power.

Also, JJC, I won't respond to anymore posts on this subject in this forum unless you are more careful with your word choice. You tend to have a disrespectful tone (not just in the above post, but in general) that may lead this discussion in a negative direction.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter,

I didn't mean to leave Linux out... it certainly works with no browser issues. Wink

Bruce

No problem! I just wanted to point out that the forum doesn't appear to be Windows-centric to me. I use a firefox variant as well as mozilla-based browsers on Linux without issues on this forum.

The Christian does not use logic to argue gods existence. They use words like faith and believe. They quote passages from the bible (a book written by man). Man created Christianity. I already said man created religion but I am trying to be more specific here so the point doesn't get lost. Religion is the worst WMD man ever invented. It has caused more deaths than anything else on earth. But hey, it has been a effective way to control population so I guess it's not all bad. :)

So do you believe in god and not religion? Or don’t believe
in either? (sorry unclear a little on you stand)

Cornfed....not trying be disrespectful and I'm sorry if it came across that way. Do u think the terrorists that smoked the twin towers in the name of Allah just wanted more power huh? Umm wait what good is power if your dead. Hmmm guess it was religion. How about the Christian crusades? Your saying the church was just grabbing for power (not saying your wrong) but if that's the case how can you abide by a religion that has it's roots in such deeds? I absolutely do not believe in any kind of higher power (god). Nor do I follow any religion. I believe in what is known as the golden rule. Treat others how u would like treated in return.

• Moderators

I absolutely do not believe in any kind of higher power (god). Nor do I follow any religion.

And I totally respect that view and right to believe so.

I believe in what is known as the golden rule. Treat others how u would like treated in return.

The Golden Rule is a great way to treat others. As Christians, we too have a similar view towards others, "Love your neighbor as thyself".

Ok......

IMHO.... this thread has become way too religious......

It is everyone's right to practice what you believe........

Just remember that there are surely many who hold different beliefs than you do.

Posting said beliefs is an invitation to an argument or worse.....

Most members are great about keeping their cool......

The Religious debate is a can of worms that can make everyone lose their cool.......

This forum is about great sound and how to acheive it. It is about PWK and his great designs........

I humbly ask to have this thread locked...... This is a worldwide forum and some members do not believe in Jesus Christ (not including me).....

• Moderators

You are correct, we got way off topic on this one...me being part of the guilty party. It was fun but it must come to an end.

I concur that comments in this thread that are not on the topic of Timbre Maching should be reserved for email and PM's.

And now we return to your regular scheduled program.....