Klipsch lunch break score

Styx

I just picked up a HT setup a fellow was using. Pair of T-5000 (Tangent), pair of KG 2.2 and a Tangent Theater (center channel) for a hopping $50. Everything looks to be in good condition so far. I couldn't audition them because he was packed up ready to move but did tell me to call back if there were any issues...I should know more when I get home this evening.

Can anyone share opinions/experiences with the T-5000? They're the main reason I got the package.

Thanks,

Well, in case you didn't know what you bought was the top of the line speaker in the Tangent series! It uses exactly the same tweeter and midrange as a Forte I with a slightly different woofer. If you haven't found the page with the speaker's specifications here it is:

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/t-5000-specifications/

So what you have is a very slightly detuned Forte I. It should sound absolutely fantastic!

Thanks for the info guys. I tested the T-5000 and kg 2.2. last night and both pair sounds really good. The T-5000 are a little shy on bass @ low volume but when power is supplied, they really do sing. The more power the better. I found a mint pair of Heresy II"s last year but didn't really like them.....sounded flat but these I like, better detail. The KG 2.2 aren't bad either...nice little pair of bookshelves. All in all, I think it was $50 well spent.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on my own for a few days while the better half is on travel, so I brought the T-5000's up from the basement to give them a good listening to. I have them running in the living room off the HK-3490 and they sound wonderful. Like night and day from the Heresy II's I had last year. I have Diana Krall's Steppin' Out playing on CD playing....sweeet. It looks like the Tangents will be seeing some play time after all.

• 3 months later...

Well, it's been awhile since taking possession of these speakers. The t-5000's are getting play time in the main system and I'm enjoying them immensely. The KG 2.2's have been sitting in the basement til a week ago. I had some free time, so I decided to refinish them......beatup black lacquer. These aren't the best pics but they look soooo much better.

Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I used a Minwax stain called Picked Oak. It's a white wash really but looks great....@ least to me.

I've rotated my bedroom system so these beauties are getting some playing time now and being driven by a very modest Pioneer SX-550.....what a match.

Well, it's been awhile since taking possession of these speakers. The t-5000's are getting play time in the main system and I'm enjoying them immensely. The KG 2.2's have been sitting in the basement til a week ago. I had some free time, so I decided to refinish them......beatup black lacquer. These aren't the best pics but they look soooo much better. Before: P1110500.jpg After: P1120819.jpgP1120818.jpg I used a Minwax stain called Picked Oak. It's a white wash really but looks great....@ least to me. I've rotated my bedroom system so these beauties are getting some playing time now and being driven by a very modest Pioneer SX-550.....what a match.

All looks outstanding.... Plus, I really like all the trees in your area... really nice...