RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

I bought mine from Vanns last year . I applied for there credit card online and got 1 yr intrest free

I paid 3200.00 last year they had a deal going buy the 2 RF-7ll for full price get the center free . So 3000 is a good price for A stock

Looking for some opinions...

There is a mint set of RF-7iis/RC-64ii for sale local to me. I know I wouldn't get a warranty if I bought these. I can get A-stock shipped for 3k from vanns with full warranty. The guy is asking 3k for used ones. My question is what price would make it worth getting the used ones if the guy is willing to drop his price?

Wait, is $3K for both RC-7IIs and the RC-64? If so, that is a good deal. How did you get that deal? Their website always lists everything for full price. I guess you called and asked for a better deal?

I am also looking to purchase from Vanns. You can't beat their pricing and service. Ideally, I would like to buy locally but the 9.75% sales tax along with the lack of discounting makes it hard to justify the price difference..

Now I just have to find a buyer for my 4 month old RF-82II's... [H]

Looking for some opinions...

There is a mint set of RF-7iis/RC-64ii for sale local to me. I know I wouldn't get a warranty if I bought these. I can get A-stock shipped for 3k from vanns with full warranty. The guy is asking 3k for used ones. My question is what price would make it worth getting the used ones if the guy is willing to drop his price?

Wait, is $3K for both RC-7IIs and the RC-64? If so, that is a good deal. How did you get that deal? Their website always lists everything for full price. I guess you called and asked for a better deal?

I still need to order them but the guy I talked to said call him when I'm ready. I asked if they would price match sound dist and they said yes.

If they are too light for my taste I will dye them

One thing you will learn about cherry is that it darkens as it ages. I have a pair of cherry RF-63's that were mfr'd in 2007. I also have a cherry RC-64 that was mfr'd in 2009. Both same shade code, RF-63's are at least 3 shades darker, 2 years of aging longer. Just keep that in mind.

Bill

If they are too light for my taste I will dye them

One thing you will learn about cherry is that it darkens as it ages. I have a pair of cherry RF-63's that were mfr'd in 2007. I also have a cherry RC-64 that was mfr'd in 2009. Both same shade code, RF-63's are at least 3 shades darker, 2 years of aging longer. Just keep that in mind.

Bill

Did not know that. Thanks for the heads up.

Well my buddy just got rf-7 II's in the a-stock color. I saw them yesterday, they look beautiful! They are much lighter than my b-stock, but the grain is just gorgeous. I think you'll be very happy with your speakers!

Is the grain on your friends a stock "nicer" than your b stock?

It seems more symmetrical with the lines in the grain and just looks beautiful. But don't get me wrong the grain in the b-stock is very very nice also.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to order them tomorrow. My wife wants me to go with the black (because our darker furniture) but from what I've seen in pictures the wood they use for the cherry looks much nicer. Don't get me wrong the black ones look great too. I wish they offered a darker brown color. I guess I'll flip a coin[:D]

It seems more symmetrical with the lines in the grain and just looks beautiful. But don't get me wrong the grain in the b-stock is very very nice also.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to order them tomorrow. My wife wants me to go with the black (because our darker furniture) but from what I've seen in pictures the wood they use for the cherry looks much nicer. Don't get me wrong the black ones look great too. I wish they offered a darker brown color. I guess I'll flip a coinBig Smile

No prob. That's awesome your going to order them up now! Either way you'll be a happy camper. Is it through vanns that you are ordering them? I know it goes without saying but make sure to take lots of pics once you get them! Congrats again [Y]

Thanks for the info. I'm going to order them tomorrow. My wife wants me to go with the black (because our darker furniture) but from what I've seen in pictures the wood they use for the cherry looks much nicer. Don't get me wrong the black ones look great too. I wish they offered a darker brown color. I guess I'll flip a coinBig Smile

No prob. That's awesome your going to order them up now! Either way you'll be a happy camper. Is it through vanns that you are ordering them? I know it goes without saying but make sure to take lots of pics once you get them! Congrats again Yes

Yeah I'm ordering through Vanns. I will post pics as soon as they get here.