RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

I spoke to HSU and they said , what it sounds like im missing is Mid Base so I am going to buy a MBM-12 Mid Base Module

Why not just EQ? With 4-10" woofers on tap, mid-bass output capability shouldn't be among your major concerns...

Agreed. RF-7's plus a stout amp will give you plenty of mid bass slam.

I dont know for sure , I just bought a new pre pro PR-SC5508 and I might be

buying a diffrent amp , so once everything is here I will work on it

Besides the Gain being a little high for horn loaded spkrs. you will not here a diff. with a new amp. esp. if you are looking for more mid bass. XPA2 is a monster.

First Post-Just ordered RF-7IIB Towers in Dark Cherry Wood. Have to do It One piece at a time. Can not wait to complete set like yours. FYI I got them for $1999

Delivered from Acousticsounddesign. They told me price is based on the dark cherry color. Anyway, i will add pics once I complete set.

First Post-Just ordered RF-7IIB Towers in Dark Cherry Wood. Have to do It One piece at a time. Can not wait to complete set like yours. FYI I got them for $1999

Delivered from Acousticsounddesign. They told me price is based on the dark cherry color. Anyway, i will add pics once I complete set.

Congrats you will love them [:D]

• 3 weeks later...

I have RF-5's (not RF-7's) and they love the XPA-2, my speakers have sound their best hooked up to my XPA-2. I am the original owner of my RF-5's and have had them connected powered by several top end receivers over the years, an XPA-3 and now my current XPA-2. They really work well with the XPA-2 and have never sounded better.

I am sure the XPA-2 will work just as well with RF-7's, and that they will sound great together.

• 4 weeks later...

I just sold my black RF-83s and am going to be buying a set of RF-7ii in the near future. My dilema is deciding on what finish to get. My tv cabinet is a dark espresso color so I'm not sure how dumb it would look if I got the 7s in cherry. I will be getting a b stock pair so they will be a little darker so that may help. Any opinions would be appreciated. Here is a link to my stand to get a visual... http://www.bdiusa.com/theater/avion_2_8929.shtml

Of course this is just my opinion but I firmly believe you can never go wrong with black. Just 2 months ago I got my Black RF-7II's and RC-64II and they look awesome! I too have a dark (more cheery than espresso) colored TV stand and coffee table so I went with the black speakers. I think the differnet tones of brown don't look as good together. But of course that's just me and if you do go with the cherry color I imagine they'll still look incredible!

Thanks for the input. I agree that the black looks great. I really like the look of the wood on the cherry ones. The b stock ones are a little darker but still not quite as dark as my stand. I could stain them espresso color but I would be hesitant to do that because it drops the resale value. Tough decision!

Agreed! It is a very tough decision. I'd love to see the darker cherry look too. I bet they do look awesome! I think it's safe to say that either route will result in some badass RF-7II's that look as insaine as they sound! Whatever you do make sure you post some pics so we can see how it turns out.

Thanks for the input. I agree that the black looks great. I really like the look of the wood on the cherry ones. The b stock ones are a little darker but still not quite as dark as my stand. I could stain them espresso color but I would be hesitant to do that because it drops the resale value. Tough decision!

Just stain the stand to match the cherry RF-7II's.

I am sure it would cost more $$$ but maybe see if you could special order a pair of RF-7II's in the stain/wood of your choice. Just a thought that is worth a try.

Or sell your stand and buy the same one in natural cherry.

Bill

avion_2_8927_2.jpg

BillBill

• Moderators

I've always been a fan of the darker wood finishes (Cherry, Mahogany). I have the black RF-7's and they look nice but I much prefer the finish on my cherry RF-83's. I guess it's because most people have black speakers. It's so "normal" that I wanted something different. To me, there is just an added elegance to the darker finishes. Just my humble opinion. But as mentioned by usm, either way you choose, they are going to look and sound awesome so don't fret over your decision too much. Remember, once the lights go out, you won't see them anyways but you will definitely HEAR THEM! [:D]