RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

TDK, not all of us are "Zen travelers." Granted, I live in Kansas, and we have more cows than people here, but I haven't found anywhere within 4 hours to listen to RF-7 IIs. There are several stores that "carry" them, but they require a deposit prior to ordering them. On the other hand, just 30 minutes away is a high end store that sells the complete Heritage and Palladium line. Over the course of a year they demo all of the high end Klipsch models for a one month period each. Listening is by apointment only.

I can dig it...Then again, if what you are reporting is the new status quo there is Hope (pun intended) for the Palladium and Heritage lines because at that price point I don't imagine folks spend that kind of money without auditioning....Heck y'all are starting to convince me that folks that don't audition is who the New Reference series is geared towards.

Not tuff to sell this [;)] (new rf-7ii and old rf-7)

They

sell themselves

(Points at rf-7ii) it’s big for a reason!

• Moderators

Camera was 12" from speakers.

I'm guessing you meant 12' instead of 12". [:P]

You know there are two things that damage speakers....distortion...and Country Music. [:P] [H] [:P] Just trying to lighten the mood here guys.

That was very nice of you Beechnut to post a video of your system. Your system great and I imagine it sounds fabulous too.

Lagolas is just trying to do the best research he can before dropping some serious coin on speakers he has never heard in person. He knows he's not going to be able to actually hear how they sound through a youtube video but he's just trying to confirm that this is the right decision for him. Best wishes.

TDK, not all of us are "Zen travelers." Granted, I live in Kansas, and we have more cows than people here, but I haven't found anywhere within 4 hours to listen to RF-7 IIs. There are several stores that "carry" them, but they require a deposit prior to ordering them. On the other hand, just 30 minutes away is a high end store that sells the complete Heritage and Palladium line. Over the course of a year they demo all of the high end Klipsch models for a one month period each. Listening is by apointment only.

I can dig it...Then again, if what you are reporting is the new status quo there is Hope (pun intended) for the Palladium and Heritage lines because at that price point I don't imagine folks spend that kind of money without auditioning....Heck y'all are starting to convince me that folks that don't audition is who the New Reference series is geared towards.

Not tuff to sell this Wink (new rf-7ii and old rf-7)

They

sell themselves

That doesnt look like an RF-7 next to the RF-7 ll. The RF-7 and RF-7 ll are exactly the same except the RF-7 ll is half an inch taller. They are the same width and same depth. That RF-7 ll in this picture is way bigger than the speaker next to it. Those don't even look like 10's in the speaker.

You're correct, I somehow looked at the wrong spec somewhere on the RF-7's spec sheet. It must just be the photo angle, it makes that other speaker look way bigger than the other one other than just height. It even looks like it has a bigger horn and everything, Pics can play tricks on you!

They sell themselves

Do you own both speakers?

No it’s a guy on a different forum he reviews gear and

speakers. He reviewed them side by side. I have seen and heard them side by

side though. The new rf-7ii look like

the old ones on steroids side by side. [:o]

They

sell themselves

That doesnt look like an RF-7 next to the RF-7 ll. The RF-7 and RF-7 ll are exactly the same except the RF-7 ll is half an inch taller. They are the same width and same depth. That RF-7 ll in this picture is way bigger than the speaker next to it. Those don't even look like 10's in the speaker.

Vital the drivers are bigger in the new rf-7ii. Get a tape

out and measure your 10s they are just barely 9” (if that). The new ones are a

little over 9”. Also it’s not the same

horn and it does look bigger but I’m pretty sure it’s the same size. I think

his plastic feet are broken on one side and its leaning to one side. That might be why it looks narrower.

post-50231-13819663343984_thumb.jpg

No it’s a guy on a different forum he reviews gear and speakers. He reviewed them side by side. I have seen and heard them side by side though. The new rf-7ii look like the old ones on steroids side by side. Surprise

Well...There seems to be alot of talk about how a speaker looks as opposed to how it sounds and I would be interested in a link to that dudes audio review if you have it.

No it’s a guy on a different forum he reviews gear and speakers. He reviewed them side by side. I have seen and heard them side by side though. The new rf-7ii look like the old ones on steroids side by side. Surprise

Well...There seems to be alot of talk about how a speaker looks as opposed to how it sounds and I would be interested in a link to that dudes audio review if you have it.

What’s

wrong with talking about the look?[:^)]

Ok so do I but what’s wrong with talking about the looks to? Why are you getting defensive?

What are you talking about? You seem like a nice guy and I am not getting defensive. [:S]

I am asking for a link to where you said the guy's picture you posted was a Speaker Reviewer and I wanted to read his review...Link Please. :)

No it’s a guy on a different forum he reviews gear and speakers. He reviewed them side by side.

I would like to read his side by side review.

EDIT: Btw, I've seen you post that picture before in another forum and I assumed it was your photo given your comments here and there.

It’s a huge forum here is a link. You will have to dig in and look for it its over 800 pages....

OMG. [:o] I am not going to dig through there, but suffice it to say without a link to the guys impressions of the differences between the RF-7 and RF-7II your picture is about as useful as a Youtube video that started this discussion. [:|]

Fwiw, that looks like the German version of the AVS Forum's Klipsch Owners Thread, which has turned into a fanboy club instead of anyone doing any critical thinking (with the exception of a few conscientious Heritage owners). Again. this isn't a shot at you reference head, but musings about how people buy speakers nowadays and believe everything they see on the internet. [co]