RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

That does help, I guess what I'm really curious about is the surrounds. with every surround system I've had, I either used bookshelves or matching towers and I know how that sounds, I have just never heard any or the surrounds that disperse the sound in 180 degrees. Thanks for your answer Ref.

• 2 weeks later...

O, how I would love to have some RF7s. Im in a small pickle. The new 64ii is 2.8 inches wider than my current older 64. It wont fit into my existing stand. I hate to have to build another one just to incorporate a new center. I would really still love to have the 7s!

Here's what I got so far. I need a much larger TV stand though. My Pioneer Elite sticks a good 6 inches out of the back of it plus it looks goofy when the TV is almost wider than the stand is. I have the SW-311 hidden behind the couch and the KW-120-THX sub to the right of the right RF-7II. These speakers are simply amazing as I know you all know! Next step is the surround followed by a much larger TV!

post-52230-13819664869884_thumb.jpg

nezff.... did you ever consider getting rf 83's? Just saw a set for sale and it made me think about your shelf not fitting the new rc64ii. You could keep your current 64 and just swap the 63's for the 83's.

Nezff,

I am thinking like Jason. If you have been pleased with the RF-63's, the RF-83's really are the 63's(smooth and musical) with some of the RF-7's ooomph.

No retrofitting the RC-64II is needed.

Bill

Those RF-7 ll's sure are sexy! I've come to the decision though that I am done with the top of the line reference Klipsch speakers as far as buying more. I have RF-7s and Chorus lls, no need to keep buying other top of the lines from different series I.E. RF-83's, Cornwalls, CF-4's, RF-7 ll's and so on. Time to save for some Jubilee's and call it a day! Yes, that's my plan!! Love the look of the new RF-7 ll's though!

Nezff.... I sold my mint very low use 63's a couple months ago. It took a couple months to get them sold and I only got $800 for them. I think the biggest issue is the size prohibits shipping and of course a local sale is alot more scarce. Your local market is probably much larger than mine too so maybe it will be faster. My buyer drove up from NYC 3 hours away. The good thing is you love the 63's so you can be patient and wait for a buyer to come along. I did see a set of 83's on audiogon for like $900 if you were intrested in those at all.