RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

It’s a huge forum here is a link. You will have to dig in and look for it its over 800 pages....

OMG. Surprise I am not going to dig through there, but suffice it to say without a link to the guys impressions of the differences between the RF-7 and RF-7II your picture is about as useful as a Youtube video that started this discussion. Indifferent

Fwiw, that looks like the German version of the AVS Forum's Klipsch Owners Thread, which has turned into a fanboy club instead of anyone doing any critical thinking (with the exception of a few conscientious Heritage owners). Again. this isn't a shot at you reference head, but musings about how people buy speakers nowadays and believe everything they see on the internet. Computer

Well the guy’s name is Harley. Lol

didn’t want to go though it either watching football. It’s in the 600s I think if that helps. (feb

2011 I think I will look later). Happy to be a 7 owner new or old big or small

they sound great both of them!!!

@ tkdamerica

thanks! Big Smile

First: i'm from Israel.

second:You may have not read or understand my entire post, as i clearly stated that i'm aware that a youtube video is not a substitute for a real life listening BUT i have no other means to listen to them. I am clearly NOT looking for a gimmick video of watching a closeup on woofers bounce for a stupid bass packed scene. i just want to assure my thoughts without basing my self only on written reviews!! If i'll listen to several videos it will aid me to come to a decision. Its o.k. if you don't feel like posting a video.

@tkd

Dude, you represent Klipsch forums however you see fit. If you want to keep bashing lagolas with repeated alluding to him wanting a fresh YouTube video...I have no means to stop you. He clearly stated he understood. Then asked for a small request.

I submit to you that are far better approach would be, "Hey, not the best route for these reasons...." Once your two cents are submitted and he still wants a video, glad to oblige. Not the warmest way to welcome an honest new member to the forum. Save the torches and pitchforks for trolls.

Agreed tkdamerica can be a bit harsh at times I get that to.

Nothing wrong with having a different opinion. Just don’t need to make fun of someone for it.

Thanks Ref. There is nothing wrong with pointing out propaganda either...just because someone new comes on the forum and asks for something stupid and another acquiesces doesn't mean I have to remain silent. Of course, you do what you want and that is fine with me as well. [Y]

BTW, my post to the OP was entirely appropriate. My attempt at humor afterward was at the concept and not the OP, which he seemed to understand.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally sold all 4 of my F-30s and my 2 F-3s so I had the room to bring home my new RF-7 IIs and hook them up. Holy Freaking Crap!!!! Are you kidding me?? I had now idea they would sound that freakin good. I started them in 2 channel stereo and I kept having to check my sub to make sure it wasn't playing. I have them hooked up to my Onkyo TS-XR607 which is not a powerhouse receiver by any means, and 2/3 of the way up was way too loud for my living room. I can't imagine these with an amp with some real power. Also, (and I've read this before) I can't believe how big these are. My living room looks like it shrunk a little. I now know why these cost so much and why so many people are willing to drop that kind of cash on them. I can't wait to watch my first movie with these tonight!! The saddest part is that these aren't for my living room, they are for my future home theater so tomorrow I will be boxing them back up and hiding them out of the way.

This thread is so long that the OP doesn't even own RF7ii's anymore! Lol

But my parents do. I actually just set them up over at their house and they sound great. Was worried that they sounded too bright when i first hooked them up but after switching to the right sound modes that brightness disappeared and i remembered why i bought klipsch over lets say polk. They are currently searching for a good 60'' TV and then they will have quite a nice HT. They are going to be going 5.0 eventually and they are using a umc-1 and a upa-5. I am looking for a pair of rs-52ii currently to finish their system out.

The saddest part is that these aren't for my living room, they are for my future home theater so tomorrow I will be boxing them back up and hiding them out of the way.

Don't you just hate girlfriends/wifes. Devil

Actually the wife is quite cool with it , she loves the way they look. We have the Icon X system in the living room which is more than enough for that room. I am starting to collect for a dedicated home theater, that is the only reason that I bought these.

I just put in Tron on Bluray to take a quick listen to a few scenes with the new RF-7 IIs and I didn't realize until I saw the credits that I sat and watched the whole movie. I have never heard anything so amazing in my entire life. I thought that my Icons brought this movie to life, but this was like a whole new dimension. I think tomorrow I will watch King King on bluray just to feel the brontosaurus stampede, one of my all time favorites for demoing good feel it in your bones bass.

I just put in Tron on Bluray to take a quick listen to a few scenes with the new RF-7 IIs and I didn't realize until I saw the credits that I sat and watched the whole movie. I have never heard anything so amazing in my entire life. I thought that my Icons brought this movie to life, but this was like a whole new dimension. I think tomorrow I will watch King King on bluray just to feel the brontosaurus stampede, one of my all time favorites for demoing good feel it in your bones bass.

Lol congrats on great speakers. How long are they going to

be back in the boxes?

Hey Reference_head, now that you've had the RB-61 IIs for a while now how do you like them. How would you compare them to the RS-62 IIs? I am debating on whether to go with 4 bookshelves, 4 surrounds, ar 2 of each. Any insight?

They sound nice back there and work great with the rs-62ii. And

for the price I’m very happy with them. Together they create a huge sound stage

from the sides all the way to right behind the lp. I’m a really big fan of the

RS surrounds so I would go rs and rb if the budget works. I’m sure 4 rb-62ii

would work well to if you have a way to get them all to point right at the lp.

The rs-62ii sound is huge. Probably because they create sound from different

directions so they sound like really big speakers. The rb-62ii are bookshelf

speakers and sound like bookshelf speakers. If that helps.