RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

To be honest I really dont know at this point , I cant seem to get the low base I like for movies . I also spoke to somone else a few days ago with 2 VTF-15H

also and there selling theres for the same reason . Im going to try and play around with it somtime this week again and if things dont change I will be selling

mine also and trying a diffrent sub .

Thats wild I love mine.

My room is 13X20

It took me a while to get it dialed in but once i did i loved it. I would try dialing them in one at a time. start with the one in the corner.

one thing about tunable subs is that its nice to have that as an option but it can be a pain to find the right setting.

I have 1 port open, EQ2,180deg,QR-.05,FR-80,

I used Audyssey to set up my speakers but i turned my sub up a little after i did that.

When I was testing my sub I used music with heavy hard hitting and low base. I would not be surprised if your 2nd sub would sound better in a different location. once you get your first sub dialed in yous the "subcrawl" to find your sweet spot for your 2nd sub (if you can put it there)

good luck.

To be honest I really dont know at this point , I cant seem to get the low base I like for movies . I also spoke to somone else a few days ago with 2 VTF-15H

also and there selling theres for the same reason . Im going to try and play around with it somtime this week again and if things dont change I will be selling

mine also and trying a diffrent sub .

Wow I’m surprised to hear that. I have heard a lot of great

things about that sub. My guess is you have a low bass null at or close to your

LP. Subs are so dam picky it’s kind of sad really lol. I have heard small cheap

12” subs that just pounded in the right room in that magic spot. And then you

can put a huge sub in a small room and get nothing if it’s in a bad spot. For me I had to just about surround me with

subs to get the bass I wanted. Personally i wouldn’t put the sub in an out of

place looking spot in the room. Even if it did have a little more output there.

That 3rd sub close to the LP was the key for me.

I guess I shouldnt of said Im going to try a diffrent sub making it sound like my subs are no good , I know HSU makes a great sub and they have the best support .

For music with alot of base they will give you a headache they pound real good , but for movies I dont get the low base " like feel it in the chest base "

again it has to me the layout , but Im not going to put a sub in the best location if it dont look good there or its going to be in my way .

I guess I shouldnt of said Im going to try a diffrent sub making it sound like my subs are no good , I know HSU makes a great sub and they have the best support .

For music with alot of base they will give you a headache they pound real good , but for movies I dont get the low base " like feel it in the chest base "

again it has to me the layout , but Im not going to put a sub in the best location if it dont look good there or its going to be in my way .

If you like the sound of the bass but want to feel it more I

would recommend a 3rd smaller sub on the LP side of the room in the

corner. Then level match it with the front ones. Mine is set super low not even

at 9 o clock on the volume.

Well they can be both set at 0 and still be out of phase. If

one speaker is hooked up backwards (+/-) inside (happens all the time) it would

be out of phase from the other. There is a bunch of different things that can

flip it from 0 to 180 (I could fill a page full of ways). Just level match them

then take your db meter run a test tone with both on. After they are level

matched walk over and turn one off during the test tone. If the db goes down

your in phase if it pops up higher or stays close to the same you’re out of

phase. And then to be sure flip one to 180 and other to 0 and repeat the above

test and so on.

I know for sure that the other sub would not sound better in another location I tried over and over , when I just had 1 sub it sounded worse in the corner and sounded better on the right side , now since I have 2 this is not a problem no more .

• Moderators

Well they can be both set at 0 and still be out of phase. If
one speaker is hooked up backwards (+/-) inside (happens all the time) it would
be out of phase from the other.

I used to think this was the only way to have a speaker out of phase until I watched Emotiva's video on their EmoQ room correction software. He talks about two types of out of phase, basically when the sound is at a null at your listening position, it is out of phase, even if your physical connections are correct.