RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

After reading through, HT Lab results for Denon AVR 4810, I tried to search for 2808ci since I was curious that why 28008ci is able to keep up with my 5.0 bi-amped setup.

heavy sigh.....If you are running 4 RF-7s and RC-64 off of a Denon AVR-2808 (even bi-amped your RF-7s dip down to 2.8 Ohms in certain frequencies) you are not providing any of them with the current they need to preform efficiently especially at higher volumes. The AVR-28XX series is not rated to drive speakers with lower impedance whereas the AVR-4810 is...The Denon AVR-38XX series was a workhorse in the Denon line because it could also drive speakers with 4 Ohm impedance loads, but not at higher SPL..

Btw, you are driving $7,000 worth of speakers with a $500 AVR's power supply and No Sub. [:o] If that could be done how great of Klipsch advertisement would that be? [:P]

Regardless, if you enjoy your very nice home theater, who cares what I think.

It's just very weird for 4810ci to deliver only 30w rms power for all 7 channels per http://www.hometheater.com/content/denon-avr-4810ci-av-receiver-ht-labs-measures review, while 3808ci can 113.5w for 7ch. The Denon AVR 4810ci is still listed as 2nd best AVR offered by Denon (below AVR 5308ci) and not having any plan to replace it in near future (e.g. not mentioned in 2012 model lineup).

Not only that, the older 4806 is able to deliver 114w all 7 channels driven per the review from Home Theater, http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_12_4/denon-avr-4806-receiver-12-2005-part-5.html

It seems odd!

After reading through, HT Lab results for Denon AVR 4810, I tried to search for 2808ci since I was curious that why 28008ci is able to keep up with my 5.0 bi-amped setup.

heavy sigh.....If you are running 4 RF-7s and RC-64 off of a Denon AVR-2808 (even bi-amped your RF-7s dip down to 2.8 Ohms in certain frequencies) you are not providing any of them with the current they need to preform efficiently especially at higher volumes. The AVR-28XX series is not rated to drive speakers with lower impedance whereas the AVR-4810 is...The Denon AVR-38XX series was a workhorse in the Denon line because it could also drive speakers with 4 Ohm impedance loads, but not at higher SPL..

Btw, you are driveing $7,000 worth of speakers with a $500 AVR's power supply and No Sub. Surprise If that could be done how great of Klipsch advertisment would that be? Stick out tongue

For today's price you might be in ball park regarding 2808ci (obviously I paid much more than $500 at the time of purchae as a new, but much less than 3808ci for sure...[:)]).

Few months ago, we did audition Marantz pre-pro hooked up to RF-7 II at Klipsch dealer who has quite nice - treated room that housed both P-37F and RF-7 II at the time and overall performance seemed comparable but wasn't great. And hence, an incremental benefit to the high cost seemed pretty low to us. But, hey, I don't claim to be an audiophile and nor do I have ears to hear louder than -30dB volume settings on 2808ci for longer duration on our setup.

On the subject of subwoofer, RF-7 II delivers adequate bass for our needs. We watched movie with one of our friends and they were quite impressed as well and concurred that for the size of the room we don't need a sub-woofer to add more bass. Obviously, if we add a subwoofer then it will free up RF-7 II from that duty as well less load to 2808ci driving those low end frequencies. And thus for us the upgrade path would be a sub-woofer and then the amplfier or might be both together - [:D].

Does the 4810 lack the 7 channel equal power functionality?

Per Denon website, http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?CatId=f234eea1-3300-4537-8f59-f6cd2f3441d6&SubId=0&ProductId=14c37b13-44c8-4d7b-9b5d-5316e646e7b7, it has 'High-Current/Discrete Amplifier --- Mono Amp Design', line# 9 in 'General' section on the page.

And hence that's what I meant that it doesn't make sense from the HT Lab review for the Denon AVR 4810 'Seven channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads: 0.1 percent distortion at 30.9 watts'.

Btw, you are driveing $7,000 worth of speakers with a $500 AVR's power supply and No Sub. Surprise If that could be done how great of Klipsch advertisment would that be? Stick out tongue

For today's price you might be in ball park regarding 2808ci (obviously I paid much more than $500 at the time of purchae as a new, but much less than 3808ci for sure...Smile).

Few months ago, we did audition Marantz pre-pro hooked up to RF-7 II at Klipsch dealer who has quite nice - treated room that housed both P-37F and RF-7 II at the time and overall performance seemed comparable but wasn't great. And hence, an incremental benefit to the high cost seemed pretty low to us. But, hey, I don't claim to be an audiophile and nor do I have ears to hear louder than -30dB volume settings on 2808ci for longer duration on our setup.

On the subject of subwoofer, RF-7 II delivers adequate bass for our needs. We watched movie with one of our friends and they were quite impressed as well and concurred that for the size of the room we don't need a sub-woofer to add more bass. Obviously, if we add a subwoofer then it will free up RF-7 II from that duty as well less load to 2808ci driving those low end frequencies. And thus for us the upgrade path would be a sub-woofer and then the amplfier or might be both together - Big Smile.

Sub would be my first upgrade

Ok so a week ago I purchased a pair of RF-7 II's and the RC-64 II from the website www.newaudiovideo.com for $3,800 all together. Tonight I just found out that some other guys purchased B-Stock 7's and other Klipsch speakers without knowing it for about the same price I paid. I wen't back to their website and it says nothing at all about whether they're "B-Stock". Anyone else here think they could help me out with deciding whether I got duped? I'll just be dissapointed being that that's not what I intended to do regardless of the quality of sound the "B-stock"'s can produce. Know what I mean?

A or B stock has nothing to do with sound , "quality of sound the "B-stock"'s can produce" It is the visual part if you can even see a diffrence , I bought A stock because Im anal But mine for the 3 pcs cost me $3200.00 shipped and that was from a retail store .

Now I did notice that klipsch speakers went up in price , I guess to see if you got ripped off call this guy ask him how much he will charge you for A stock and B stock if its close to what you paid then I would not worry about it . But you have to call for best price . Acoustic Sound Design - 888-224-3663. and there authorized dont buy from someone that is not and loose that 5yr warranty

looking at this unless I missed somthing I think you did loose your 5 yr warranty I dont see them

http://www.klipsch.com/authorized-online-dealers

also I wentto there site and the total was

Sub-Total: $2,957.99
plus 300.00 shipping

3257.99 which is fair how did you pay 3800.00 ?

also I am sure you got A grade they have to tell you if there selling B grade if worried call Klipsch with serial # also ask if there authorized good luck hope everything works out for you

Ok so a week ago I purchased a pair of RF-7 II's and the RC-64 II from the website www.newaudiovideo.com for $3,800 all together. Tonight I just found out that some other guys purchased B-Stock 7's and other Klipsch speakers without knowing it for about the same price I paid. I wen't back to their website and it says nothing at all about whether they're "B-Stock". Anyone else here think they could help me out with deciding whether I got duped? I'll just be dissapointed being that that's not what I intended to do regardless of the quality of sound the "B-stock"'s can produce. Know what I mean?

$3800.00 is not a bad price, espescially since Klipsch just increased prices 20% across the board. There were some crazy deals going on about 1 to 2 months ago, before the price hike. If you haven't received them yet, you could refuse shipment, but I don't think your price was "unfair." If you have received them, the serial # will have a "B" at the end that indicates B-Stock. If yours are B-Stock, I would complain and or ship them back.

I just called Acoustic Sound Design - 888-224-3663 talked to mike

$2200 for the RF-7's too your door or $2900.00 with a center A grade

so yes you got ripped off

Okay extreme couponers! There's always a better deal out there, but he did get 18% off retail. I'm not saying I wouldn't be upset about $900.00, but those three speakers (if they are A stock) are worth every bit of $3800.

okay but 2900 for A grade from an authorized dealer is better than 3800.00 ? and the place he bought them isnt even listed as an authorized dealer . plus I am sure he would of loved to save 900.00 or he wouldnt of posted on here asking if he got hosed . "extreme couponers" give me a break alot of people dont have 900.00 to toss out the window if you do thats great more power to you