RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

Candleobra size cord plug switch thing from home depot for $3 each. The led's came from superbrightleds.com I think they were like $3 as well. I can get specifics for u Saturday night when I get to a real pc and not my iPhone.

Also I bought a remote controlled power strip and put them all on it so I can turn them on and off from my seat. Did the same thing for all my fans.

Well my little Yamaha V667 isn't doing much to my new rf7's. How big of a sound increase and overall punch will I gain by adding the XPA 5 to my system? It sounds OK now but not great, not like i expected. I'm pushing 2 rf7ii, rc64ii, and rf52 through that little v667

Well my little Yamaha V667 isn't doing much to my new rf7's. How big of a sound increase and overall punch will I gain by adding the XPA 5 to my system? It sounds OK now but not great, not like i expected. I'm pushing 2 rf7ii, rc64ii, and rf52 through that little v667

My guess is that it will give you between 3 and 6 dB of increased volume if you like the EQ functions of the Yammi (I don't know the particulars of your AVR).

Are you running a sub? What kind? Are you using the crossover

in your avr for the speakers? And what are you crossing over at?

He will get an increase of that per pair of speakers I believe. I would guess close to 8-10db. The big thing will be the quality of the sound when he’s watching at reference and above levels.

Are you sure the XPA-5 will give him "reference and above levels?" [^o)] {EDIT: It looks like it could in a small to medium HT}

Hi for everybody!

I'm a new 7II's owner, from Argentina. Big Smile

I have a question: with my Denon 3311ci, would I get the best of this speakers? or I need to put some Emotiva?

Thanks!

IMO, yes since they are very efficient speakers @ 'sensitivity' of 101dB. Enjoy! btw., many congratulations for RF-7 IIs...

Pite, you have some very nice speakers but a lower end Denon is not doing your Home Theater justice...I am a Denon fan but neither your AVR 28XX or his AVR33XX is rated to drive speakers with low impedance dips that the RF-7s are reported to have, much less 2 pair of them and an RC-64. They may sound nice at low volume but if you ever raise it above 75 dB your HT will come ALIVE with more power. [Y]

Hi for everybody!

I have a question: with my Denon 3311ci, would I get the best of this speakers? or I need to put some Emotiva?

Thanks!

IMO, yes since they are very efficient speakers @ 'sensitivity' of 101dB. Enjoy! btw., many congratulations for RF-7 IIs...

Pite, you have some very nice speakers but a lower end Denon is not doing your Home Theater justice...I am a Denon fan but neither your AVR 28XX or his AVR33XX is rated to drive speakers with low impedance dips that the RF-7s are reported to have, much less 2 pair of them and an RC-64. They may sound nice at low volume but if you ever raise it above 75 dB your HT will come ALIVE with more power. Yes

I agree even though klipsch has high sensitivity levels that

doesn’t necessarily tell the whole story. All speakers have different resistance

(impendence/ohms) levels at different frequency points. From my understanding

the rf-7 has a few dips that go very low (the lower the harder on the amp). Having

even two can give a basic avr a tuff time at louder levels. But to run 4 plus

other speakers that would be tuff on even a high end avr imo.

He will get an increase of that per pair of speakers I believe. I would guess close to 8-10db. The big thing will be the quality of the sound when he’s watching at reference and above levels.

Are you sure the XPA-5 will give him "reference and above levels?" Hmm {EDIT: It looks like it could in a small to medium HT}

What are reference levels to you (80db)? I have a small room

but I would think 100db would be pretty easy of course that’s with the subs

going to. I usually run at -17db tops

but I don’t have it set up to reference at 0. I’m guessing I hit reference at

about -25db or less. Xpa-5 works pretty

good imo

What are reference levels to you (80db)? I have a small room but I would think 100db would be pretty easy of course that’s with the subs going to. I usually run at -17db tops but I don’t have it set up to reference at 0. I’m guessing I hit reference at about -25db or less. Xpa-5 works pretty good imo

The THX Reference level is 85 dB (c-weighted) and agree that the XPA-5 should drive an RF-7 HT efficiently. {Note: I mistakenly thought initially it was the 125 wpc model}

Hi for everybody!

Thanks!

Pite, you have some very nice speakers but a lower end Denon is not doing your Home Theater justice...I am a Denon fan but neither your AVR 28XX or his AVR33XX is rated to drive speakers with low impedance dips that the RF-7s are reported to have, much less 2 pair of them and an RC-64. They may sound nice at low volume but if you ever raise it above 75 dB your HT will come ALIVE with more power. Yes

Yeah...I know that it's a ‘lower end’ or a ‘mid-entry level’ Denon AVR from 08's, but, it does offer the 'Bi-Amp' feature, which I'm exploiting since sometimes... Per Denon Specifications it has 'Identical quality and power for all 7 channels, 110W x 7ch (8 ohms, 20Hz - 20kHz)’.

Ref: http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Catid=3d9614d1-8000-4106-ab91-8192242cab83&SubId=40b5820d-83c2-4e93-9909-60aae60e0bdd&ProductId=05671f1c-32eb-43ee-bd28-5ee4d2747493 Literature/Product Sheet (0.26 MB) (8/20/2010, Please note that there is one similar name just above it with (0.68 MB) size, but it has different information.

So now, with the fronts bi-amped, truly speaking, if I/we stay within -55dB to -10dB the AVR does a nice job delivering mids/lows for a room size of 24’ x 14’ x 9’. While the receiver has no issues running -10dB and above, it's deafening loud. Not to mention that the 5.0 setup is creating enough bass for this room, it's a 'personal debate' that keeps me off from buying or adding current subwoofer also.

All these said, the 'Upgrade Bug' does lead to a fever that drives me/us to audition decent/higher end amps, he he... While a new hi-end AVR or Pre-Pro is inevitable, the 2808ci is going to be there until it runs…

In 'theory' at 101dB sensitivity (efficiency) of Klipsch RF-7 II, it should produce 121dB SPL @100W RMS @ 3.3 feet distance from speakers and @ 200W RMS it will produce SPL of 124dB. Basically, to increase the 3dB output from 121dB to 124dB, double power (200W RMS) is required from an amplifier.

I must admit that I haven't bought a SPL meter to provide an exact number in my bi-amped fronts within a 5.0 configuration for 24' x 14' x 9' room, but in reality my ears and most importantly my loving better half's ears can only take so much for so long and thus keeping everyone happy and healthy. While, allowing me to have this 'manish' speaker arrangement in a family room, I'm quite happy and pleased man in the world!

The below link/reference should help one to understand what I'm saying. If I have misunderstood, then open for correction!

http://www.integratedaudio.com/help/sensitivity.pdf

'I would look at a sub before an amp' Agree to that statement...

In addition it would help freeing up RF-7 IIs from sub-woofer duty as well.