RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

Well I never got an answer from vanns on my damage , So I called again and they want a picture again , I guess the first guy I spoke dont work there no more . The guy at vanns said he would give me 159.00 credit back for the small nic on the top edge and some of the side edges need touch up like the black didnt stick to good , all pretty minor I told him I would do it for 250.00 he said he couldnt do that without an okay from higher up all he could do is 159.00 I dont know what to do

Initially, I had set them up without spikes as I was changing the location every week to find out the best spot. Once finalized, I used supplied spikes on all four RF-7 IIs. Without spikes, it was little wobbly for couple of locations not being able to adjust, now with the spikes it's rock solid!

Few months ago, I got a chance to audition RF-7 II in Cherry color in A-Stock at a local deale. While, I wasn't aware of the issue with Cherry finish at that time, I did observe blotching at several places on both speakers (left and right). IMO the figure swirl grain makes it difficult to accept stain evenly, where the soft area soaks more stain while hard area soaks less causing blotching effect. Not sure, though if the blotched finish is part of 'B' stock or not.

THIS IS TYPICAL SHIPPING DAMAGE TO THESE DO TO THE PACKAGING FOAM PUTTING PRESSURE ON THE GRILL CAUSING IT TO CHIP THE EDGES WHERE IT TOUCHES THE SPEAKER. KLIPSCH IS AWARE OF THIS. THE GRILLS TEND TO CRACK ALSO. IF YOUR NOT HAPPY WITH THERE OFFER MAKE THEM REPLACE IT.