RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

Thanks to this forum, finally decided on RF-7ii's and went for them. Only front stage so far and optimal placement will happen one day in a different home. (i.e. toe'd in and wider spread of the L/R, Center under the TV). Regardless of that, I'm soooo happy I've made it there. And I'm glad I waited and didn't settle on what I knew I would eventually want. Knew if I went this route, I'd fight off the upgrade bug for a long time to come. Pics below:

RF-7iiCoverOFF-SanAntonio.jpg

RF-7iiCoveron-SanAntonio.jpg

• Moderators

Looks great beachnut. I had an RC-7 on top of my entertainment center. Someone suggested that I angle it downward towards my listening area and it made a HUGE difference. It's hard to tell if yours is flat or angled downwards. Also, not sure the plants in front of the speaker would hinder the SQ.

Amazingly, it speaks very well from up there and fills the room with center channel dialog. Weekend project will be to build a more specific platform with a lil more height and angled down. Fake ivy has to stay but I might be able to get above it.

The gap in the TV stand could fit the 64 and the TV if I can mount the TV to a swing arm and raise it up to clear the 64. Just saying though, I own them, they're in the house. BIG step in the right direction for a wife that would be happy with Bose cubes. Although, got her to let me plug in her iPod and crank a few tunes she runs to all the time. She admitted that she was "hearing parts she'd never heard before". Baby steps =+)

• Moderators

Fake ivy has to stay

I figured that might be the case. [;)] At least she let you have speakers that big. [:D]

Just saying though, I own them, they're in the house.

Heck yeah and that's awesome! I know you are pumped.

She admitted that she was "hearing parts she'd never heard before".

You gotta love that!

Well I think I have a problem , I was putting away my boxes this morning for my RF-7's

and noticed the serial #'s are far apart , my RS-62's are not there are in series like 50032-50033 here is what aI got on the RF-7's

Now I dont know if this is a problem or not but I just looked at my kefs and they run in series also lets say like 123and 124 etc same as my Klipsch rears I noticed this issue because one box was really faded and the other was not

Thoughts ?

Paradigm DSP-3400. I try to sell my speakers and everyone wants my sub lol. Its a good sub for the price and completely fills medium sized rooms. By the way my rf-7ii serial numbers are like 3 digits apart. Its not a big deal especially with black speakers. Usually people worry about the wood not matching if the numbers are not sequential. Also since the rf-7ii are fairly new it is not like one has been sitting around a while and the other is new (which might make a fraction of a fraction in tonal difference.). Cant think of any other reasion not having sequential serials would be bad.

• Moderators

maybe Im just looking for somthing to focus on again .

Yep. To me it doesn't matter unless the veneer on the speakers look different from each other. For some guys, sequential speakers are important...for me...it's a non-issue. Reality is I don't stare at the stickers on the back of my speakers while I'm listening to music and when the lights go down for movies, even a slight difference in veneer wouldn't matter. [;)]