RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

Basically I have decided on a jamestown screen. Wife was layed off last week so Im gonna have to wait on the screen or I think she will kill me! lol. I still need to decide on the size. My Epson is native to 16x9 so to avoid having to manually refouc and change the screen size I have to go 16x9. I just cant decide on 110, 105, 100, 95, or 90ish. The charts I read say at my seating distance I should be around 85. Thing is I can always go smaller with a big screen but if I buy the smaller screen I cant ever go big. I still gotta build another wall cabinet for my ps3 my HTPC and my Monsters. That project will be cheap so I'll probably tackle that first.

• Moderators

My room is 13' wide x 19' deep and my primary LP is 11 ft from my 103" cinescope screen. If my room were 2 feet wider, I would not have a problem going with a 110" screen. 103" was the absolute maximum due to my false wall in order to provide enough room for my RF-83's behind their "cubby" area.

I don't feel the screen is too small but from the back row, it could definitely be larger since the back row is around 17 feet from the screen.

Looks nice JasonJCarney glad to see you got them setup , I just added up what my speakers costed

me , There all grade A with full warranty I purchased (2) RF-7 (1) RC-64 (2) RS-62

$3775.00 to the door 1yr 0% looks like I got around 32% off retail and avg is about 25%

so I dont hink I did bad , I didnt get a steal but , I feel it was a fair price

lol....as you can see in my sig it's from Lowe's. Just a cheapo shag the wife picked out for my man room! [:P] We got the thickest pad they had and with the shag it's quite soft. Does look kinda weird close up though. What you saw with the Monster pic was matted down too, you should see it after a nice vacume![Y]

Looks nice JasonJCarney glad to see you got them setup , I just added up what my speakers costed

me , There all grade A with full warranty I purchased (2) RF-7 (1) RC-64 (2) RS-62

$3775.00 to the door 1yr 0%

ok so not sure if this is cool with everyone here cause sometimes I get flamed for talking price. But I thought it may help future RF7II owners if we listed the price we paid for them and perhaps where we purchased them. A1UC has started and I will continue. Mods let me know if this is not cool. Thx

Mine are all "B" grade DARK Cherry from ASD. Purchased RC64ii first for $800 shipped arrived in perfect shape. Then purchased RF7ii's for $1700 and again they arrived in perfect shape on a pallet. So $2500 total for front stage.

I spoke with an engineer from Emotiva before I purchased my XPA-5. I was trying to determine if I should keep my Onkyo 3007 or get a much cheaper Onkyo HTRC180. Now I was happy with everything the 180 had to offer as far as connectivity, power, and audyssy. What I was wondering was if going with the midrange Onkyo vs the high end was going to degrade the signal going to the Emotiva and thus be of lesser quality. He basically said that any distortion difference was going to be so small as to not even be heard through normal listening. This info steered me towards to $1100 HTRC180 vs the $2100 3007. I did use both (I returned the 3007) and didnt notice a difference at all. This was just my experience and if you live and die by the numbers then maybe the higher end AVR might be for you. But if your just an average listener without audiophile ears then I promise you won't hear a difference. So my advice is to get the AVR (or pre) that has the options you want and not worry too much about THD or the actual amp (that is of course if your running an external amp) since you have the XPA-3 and your avr amp won't be pushed really.

just read the end of your post. Since you are looking at the 809. Go to Onkyo's website and you can compare all their AVR's side by side. IMO if your not running 3D then you have no need for HDMI 1.4. Go with the HTRC180 as it has network connectibility for pandora and updates, it has 7.2 channel preouts, and is $350 shipped from A4L with a 1 year warranty. It also has audyssy DSX (if you use that). Not sure what the 809 has to offer that makes it worth the extra cash. I know there is another forum member here that as an HTRC180 as well and loves it.

just read the end of your post. Since you are looking at the 809. Go to Onkyo's website and you can compare all their AVR's side by side. IMO if your not running 3D then you have no need for HDMI 1.4. Go with the HTRC180 as it has network connectibility for pandora and updates, it has 7.2 channel preouts, and is $350 shipped from A4L with a 1 year warranty. It also has audyssy DSX (if you use that). Not sure what the 809 has to offer that makes it worth the extra cash. I know there is another forum member here that as an HTRC180 as well and loves it.

I have this AVR...and he is correct, I love it. Seems like an unbeatable value for the price.

I agree just wanted to play with somthing else , figured I just repalced everything else why not the last piece

but for what I would get for it I could not replace it , so I will just keep it

Really need to sell my kefs now