RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

If you ever want to upgrade your RS-35's I am looking for a set to complete a surround system in a new house.

I have almost "upgraded" more than once but truthfully I am very pleased with the RS-35's. The RS-52's would not be that much of a difference and the RS-62's are just too big(WAF) for my family room.

I will keep my eyes peeled for you.

Good luck in your quest,

Bill

• 4 months later...
derrickdj1

Thanx for your concern here are close up pics of what is on top of my rf7ii's the pad is a huge mouse pad i found at staples years ago.1 is cut down 1 i just never got the chance to. However I was thinking, a thick piece smoked glass would look nice. what do you think?

20140530_115129.jpg

20140530_115058.jpg

derrickdj1

Thanx for your concern here are close up pics of what is on top of my rf7ii's the pad is a huge mouse pad i found at staples years ago.1 is cut down 1 i just never got the chance to. However I was thinking, a thick piece smoked glass would look nice. what do you think?

20140530_115129.jpg

20140530_115058.jpg

Glass would be great. I have been thinking about getting tops for some of my speakers also.

I read through a good bit of the first pages of this thread. seems like folks want to find the cheapest place to get the 7s. I looked quite a while before I bought mine, I got b stock, even though the sticker didn't say it, my b stock 64 said that it was b stock. but I purchased mine off ebay for about 1800. if you follow this guy on ebay, he will eventually sell another set of cherry b stock. they start at 2400, but eventually he will give a 21 percent discount on his listing. he only gives 20 percent on his black set. don't know why the difference, but I liked the cherry better to begin with, so I was even happier.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-RF-7-II-Black-Tower-Speakers-Pair-RF7-MK-II-B-Stock-/291146027196?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item43c9a7d0bc

mine arrived in factory boxes, they looked just as everyone else's box that I have seen on here. I looked all over the speakers, front back sides and found not one scratch. cones are in perfect shape, I cannot find any imperfection. if you have time to spare, and the money sitting, just keep an eye on this guys listings. it is by far the cheapest I have seen. his shipping is great as well. came strapped to a pallet, no damage at all. free shipping, I have no complaints at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to decide what to replace my pitiful Klipsch Promedia Satellites with. I have a 15x20 theater room with a 7.1 prewire. 120 inch 16:9 screen.

Currently leaning towards 2x RF-7 ii, RC-64 ii, and 2x RS-62. I partly like the idea of RB-81 bookshelf speakers for the side surrounds, since I just haven't heard bipole speakers in a home theater setup in person. Will probably just kick 2 of my satellites back to perform rear surround duty until I decide to drop additional cash.

If anyone is remotely near north central Florida, I would absolutely love to hear a demo of your setup. I went to a local retailer, but I was only able to hear the RF-7s in a 2.0 setup.

If anyone is remotely near north central Florida, I would absolutely love to hear a demo of your setup. I went to a local retailer, but I was only able to hear the RF-7s in a 2.0 setup.

Youthman is in Plant City and has a pair of RF-7II's but only in a 2-channel rig. He just sold his RF-83/RC-64 combo and now is using LaScala triplets up front. Don't take the drive or you may be on the hunt for LaScalas also. :unsure::D

Welcome to the forum if I have not already greeted you.

Bill

Youthman is in Plant City and has a pair of RF-7II's but only in a 2-channel rig. He just sold his RF-83/RC-64 combo and now is using LaScala triplets up front. Don't take the drive or you may be on the hunt for LaScalas also. :unsure::D

Welcome to the forum if I have not already greeted you.

Bill

Thanks for the welcome Bill! I'm not sure what I want at this point. Just continuing to do research. I will own these speakers for a long time so I don't want to rush into purchasing anything. A trip down to see Youthman certainly sounds like it would be worthwhile!

Pulled the trigger on 2x RF-7ii, RC-64, and 2x RS-62. All in black! Hopefully they come next week before 4th of July holiday.

Congrat. Do you have already a sub? What receiver/amp are you gonna use to drive them?