RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

Dual Sub EQ has some problems with Audyssey. It may not give you the best bass for a HT. It may be better in many cases to calibrate all the subs has one unit. It may be a good ideal to demo the unit with a good return policy. I will try and find the room reponse graphs than I seen on the net concerning this topic.

Mcacc didn’t do this very well either. When I used my old Elite SC-55. I agree Derrick equalizing them as 1 sounded far superior IMO but I was running 4 Passive THX subs. Also tweaked the THX subs a lot with Phase and the cleanest powerful output was when I phased the two KA-1000s at opposite polarities. Not sure exactly why but this achieved the most incredibly deep tight bass response in my theater.

• Like 1

These will def be set to large as there will be no sub. They are about 3-4 ft from the two corners I'm thinking in the open floorpksn of the home they should sound nice :) here's hoping ill know Saturday morning

Did you get them up and running this morning? Initial thoughts?
Yes sir I finally installed them. I have yet to break them in of course as I only listened to them for about 4 hours over the weekend. I ran my Audioquest Gibralter Bi-Wire 12’ Speaker cables through the floor (this room is on the second floor) and was able to have them singing. I had my Anthem D1 and P2 on the floor hooked up so I could enjoy them but I don’t have a rack yet for my 2 channel audio components. I’m shopping around now and the setup will be complete…… for now muahahaha.

Mcacc didn’t do this very well either. When I used my old Elite SC-55. I agree Derrick equalizing them as 1 sounded far superior IMO but I was running 4 Passive THX subs. Also tweaked the THX subs a lot with Phase and the cleanest powerful output was when I phased the two KA-1000s at opposite polarities. Not sure exactly why but this achieved the most incredibly deep tight bass response in my theater. [/quote

I have 2,3, or 4 sub depending how you look at it since I have 4 18 inch driver. Two in one sub and two subs with one driver each but, they are stacked. It is amazing seeing the change when the sub are or are not in phase. Out of phase I loose around 8 db. This is like loosing two of the subs, lol.

Edited by derrickdj1

I also own a pair RF-7 MKII and plan to extend through a 5.0 Surround System. I'm not shure about wich one to use as center or rear speakers. OK, to use a third RF-7 as center, as seen in this thread, is not an option for me.

What would you recommend as center and rear speakers?

Sent from my PadFone T004 mit Tapatalk

Edited by Bernd Kania

I also own a pair RF-7 MKII and plan to extend through a 5.0 Surround System. I'm not shure about wich one to use as center or rear speakers. OK, to use a third RF-7 as center, as seen in this thread, is not an option for me. What would you recommend as center and rear speakers? Sent from my PadFone T004 mit Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!

The RC-64II is the matching center to the RF-7II's

http://www.klipsch.com/rc-64-ii-center-speaker/details

• Like 1

Thank you for your hint.

I've been looking for the RC-62II and the RC-64II already.

Your recommendation is, what I expected to hear 8-)

As Model for rear I only found RS-52II and RS-62II.

But they look very small to me. And I found them only in black colour.

Because my RF-7II are in cherry, I think this then looks very uggly, isn't it?

Perhaps you even could give me an alternativ idea for the rear...

Edited by Bernd Kania

Thank you for your hint. I've been looking for the RC-62II and the RC-64II already. Your recommendation is, what I expected to hear 8-) As Model for rear I only found RS-52II and RS-62II. But they look very small to me. And I found them only in black colour. Because my RF-7II are in cherry, I think this then looks very uggly, isn't it? Perhaps you even could give me an alternativ idea for the rear...

The RS surround series only come in black. If you must have cherry, only the RB series were available in cherry.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-NpIxujYmnL6/p_714RB61IIC/Klipsch-Reference-RB-61-II-Cherry.html

Also check with Mike at Acoustic Sound Design for black options (he doesn't have any cherry)

Edited by Tasdom

• Moderators

Michael, every time my wife see's that pic of the 83's 7's and 7 II's she always says how much she loves how you guys decorated that room. And a side note, I didn't realize the 7 II's were taller than the 7's.

Somehow I missed your post. I appreciate the compliments from your wife. Wish I could have kept all 3 pair in the living room. Lol