The reason why the majority of the human race sucks!

SuBXeRo

This is just a very general example of why the majority of the human race sucks. This all surrounds the fact that most people don't care about the living breathing individuals that stand next to them, work next to them or help them out. On top of that, curtousy or the lack there of is one of the smallest things you can have and give to another person.

Heres my personal example:
I do commercial real estate and deal with human beings from all walks of life and different lifestyles. You are who you are and i accept you for who/what you are. The relationships i forge are 99% of the time business only and i hold myself to being a very ethical and moral businessman. The world is tough and you have to take your gains where you can to stay alive and survive. The world is is ying and yang, it is the best way to desribe life and i believe in that equilibrium that if you give you shall receive.

I did some work for a client of mine. I picked them up from craigslist, offered to do some research for them in return for letting me represent them and complete the transaction thus bringing me a commission. My now ex-client is across the country and moving his family to az to expand the business. I did a property search, took about 3-4 hours of my time and sent it off to him. I spoke to him a few times on the phone, thought it was a good relationship we were building. He came out over the weekend to check out some properties and never got in touch with him. Called him before he left but never had a cell phone number to catch him while he was in town. I called him today, didn't leave a message and i got a call back, i suppose he wanted business and thought i was a missed lead. I answer my phone introducing myself and the SOB hung up on me.

That right there is why the human race sucks. Most people don't have the common curtousy to even tell you i went a different way or atleast attempt to lie to soften the blow or to say they found something else. He took the packet i made and ran and cut the pleasantries as soon as he got what he wanted.

I had another instance similar to this last week but the client chewed me out for giving her too much information on the properties she wanted to look at and letting her know that what she wanted was a bit unrealistic but i would put her offer in anyways because that is my job. We hashed things out and i made another appointment only having to cancel it because she too went unresponsive.

In the end, if they didn't like me for whatever reason, in any of the cases, none chose to let me know they were taking a different route or have the common decensy to answer the phone. I did hours of work for each and then it ends, they take your work and walk away. Unfortunately it's not like residential real estate where the client can be tied to you even if they choose another agent or proceed through a transaction without you and you'd still get a cut.

Thats my little rant, just a bit pissed right now. Any of you had something like this happen to you recently? Or maybe someone just sucked at life so much they had to be rude to you. Hell, out with it, even if the arby's cashier told you to go eff yourself.

The unhappy Ian at work face:
unhappy.jpg

. People tend to use service providers to "learn" and get "knowledge" about things they do not understand. Once they feel they have become and expert, the good guys get kicked to the curb. The folks that survive in the service provider industry are the ones who , while providing the info, introduce objections and tell tale signs of what to watch out for that include characteristics about other service providers.

the statistics involving transaction successes factor in the "rapport" aspect of the transaction. Service providing is selling, not telling. Providing 100% acurate information with out doing any "selling" will just increase your transaction ratio. You would be working harder, but not smarter.

sell more, tell less

Sorry for your frustration. I'm convinced that if you have a handful of core people in your life you are fortunate. In my twenties and having several dozen people that I called "close friend". Now, in my 40's, I have two. Either I'm an ***, or being a quality person is no longer trendy. :)

I have a friend that often quotes Sir Edmund Burke. "All that's necessary for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing". I think about that often. It's motivation to be the person you need and want to be, even in the face of the jerks we all have to deal with.

No way to comment on that. I am not going to state the facts about my life here, but I rather doubt anyone would care to exchange places with me that is on this forum.

That said, I've no interest in exchanging with anyone and am a very happy human. Life is good, and blindingly real and not responsive to my "desires." I am a member of the human race, and I can't really say whether I personally don't suck, but I can tell you my family doesn't suck, and my friends don't suck, and the parishioners at my church don't suck, and the vast majority of people I no nothing about but have some meetings with in elevators and such each day don't suck. I can tell you the universe doesn't cut me any slack and I don't expect it to.

"Sucks" is up close and personal. It happens. You move on and recognize every moment is a gift.

In your case I am able to see a number of areas where you set yourself up for failure and whining about it. You didn't ask for a critique of your methodology, so I won't provide one.

However, I see nothing in your experience to suggest that even a significant minority of the human race sucks. Crack a joke. Watch the 3 Stooges. Make love. Smoke a joint. Have a beer. Do the stations of the cross. Meditate. Help an old lady across the street. Kiss your dog.

You'll get over it.

Dave

I'll add my 2 cents ,somedays suck, sometimes life sucks, some people even suck sometimes.This prolly won't be the last time your faith in humans is shaken[:D].Let's examine the upside, humans have the capability to make you happy too.

I agree with Dave, Crack a toke, make love with the three stooges, kiss some old lady crossing the street.

In no way did i mean for this to be a sympathy thread for me. Having been doing real estate stuff since i was 18 and being almost 24 i have encountered countless rude people like this in the business. This thread was more geared towards talking about the people out there who think they are the only thing that matter in the universe and the simple pleasentries for others aren't "worth" it. Maybe i came on too ttrong, maybe the majority doesnt suck, make its an even 50/50. I said it myself, ying and yang.

I am extremely grateful for the life that i lead and i dont take it for granted. I lost my mom almost a year ago and watched a wonderful woman pass away who did nothing but good for those around her just to get taken out but an incurable cancer. Lucky for her she lived life as well as she could while she had it. I think she was wrongly chosen to pass on while other pricks manage survive and feed on the good of others.

I guess my target here is just the fact that i'm sorry for everyone who helps another and is stabbed in the back, who holds a door and gets sneared at, someone who presses the button in an elevator just to close the door before you get there, for the jackwagon who cuts you off not using his blinker and then flipping you off, to the person who hangs up on you because they took advantage of you and are too little of a person to confront you, for the irate idiot at the cash register holding up the line of 50 people at kohls, the jackass who drove drunk and killed an entire family, all of these people feeling like they are the only one out there that matters.

I guess my target here is just the fact that i'm sorry for everyone who helps another and is stabbed in the back

Yeah, it can be tough at times. We tend to make a note of the a holes we encounter without noticing the masses of generally good people, and I sympathize with those who deal in situations like yours. However, if you let it get the better of you and ruin your attitude I'd suggest getting into a different line of work. Resilience is fundamental in sales work and the most successful folks I ever met in that field had been screwed and glued just as often...sometimes more so since they were tenacious and met more potential clients...than those who didn't make it.

Nobody can make us happy or sad. We do that for ourselves.

Dave

• Moderators

However, I see nothing in your experience to suggest that even a significant minority of the human race sucks. Crack a joke. Watch the 3 Stooges. Make love. Smoke a joint. Have a beer. Do the stations of the cross. Meditate. Help an old lady across the street. Kiss your dog.

I could do the first 5 of those at the same time, tried to add the 6th but the priest threw us out of the church, ruined the whole experience ! [:(] Might try it after mass next time ? [;)]

I could do the first 5 of those at the same time, tried to add the 6th but the priest threw us out of the church, ruined the whole experience ! Sad Might try it after mass next time ? Wink

You're a brave man dtel--you must be made of steel. i guess if i'm the one telling the joke, i'd be okay; but, i've always told the ladies that i was with that the bedroom is the only place that i DON'T want to make them laugh.

this old man may want to argue his case with you...

ELYRIA, Ohio -- Police say a pregnant woman and her mother were arrested after the older woman choked a 71-year-old Walmart greeter while leaving the store.

Elyria (eh-LEER'-ee-uh) police say 49-year-old Toni Duncan, of Elyria, was asked to show a receipt Saturday and responded by pushing a cart into the greeter, grabbing his throat and choking him. She was charged with assault.

Her daughter, 21-year-old Ashley Jackson, of Elyria, was charged with aggravated menacing and inducing panic. The (Lorain) Morning Journal reports that she's accused of saying she would blow up the store and that the greeter would be dead when her boyfriend learned of the incident.

Both face a court appearance Wednesday. No attorney for either was listed in court records, and no working phone number was found for either.

I guess i was more so naive, this is the first time this has happened to me doing this so i guess i was more stunned. It is what it is, it happens, it sucks, what can you do about it but i can handle it.

Bud, I think your gonna be fine. Ain't this forum full of really GREAT people?

Gotta love 'em...

Dave

i'd think about it as most everybody on the planet has erred, done something wrong, sucked if you will, but we don't suck all the time, just now and again.

most of the time, most of the people don't suck. still sucks when you hit someone on their suck day. [:D]

i'd think about it as most everybody on the planet has erred, done something wrong, sucked if you will, but we don't suck all the time, just now and again.

most of the time, most of the people don't suck. still sucks when you hit someone on their suck day. Big Smile

pretty profound for a guy from littlerock [;)] you sound like a pretty good dude. If you're ever out here at the beaches of socal, look me up and i'll take you to dinner...to a place that doesn't suck! Steve