Which Klipsch should I buy?

cubdog

I have owned, in the past, KG4s and Cornwalls. Currently I own 4 CF3s that I use for my HT. Of all the Klipsch speakers I have listened to the CF3s are my favorites. I'm going to put together a new 2 channel system an I'm curious as to what other Klipsch speakers I might like. I currently own SS, tube and tripath amps but I'll probably use a 150wpc tripath amplifier in this system. Any suggestions? BTW I'm not a fan of Fortes or La Scalas and I'm thinking of more modern speakers.

cubdog

How about the RF 7ii........

klipsch-rf-7-ii.23972962.jpg

• Flagship Reference Series model ideal for discerning audiophiles
  • Fills large rooms with movie theater/concert quality sound
  • Uncovers every subtle nuance of your content
  • Highly efficient design produces more output using less energy
  • Accurate, non-fatiguing sound provides hours of listening pleasure
  • Plays louder with less distortion than the competition
  • Dynamic 1.75" titanium horn-loaded tweeter, dual 10" high-output woofers
  • Dimensions: 48.5" H x 11.6" W x 16" D
  • Beautiful furniture-grade wood veneer cabinet

The ultimate in Reference Series performance, the RF-7 II tower
speaker lets you experience the true power, detail and emotion of
cinematic spectacles and concert performances from the comforts of home.

The RF-7 II is complete with our proprietary Tractrix® Horn technology
which produces a unique combination of precision, clarity and effortless
power. Finished in a beautiful medium cherry or black furniture-grade
wood veneer, the RF-7 II is guaranteed to complement any décor.

Just a thought,

Dennie

Well you already know what you like. I don't think you are going to blow your CF3 away anytime soon. If it were me I would do a serious crossover rebuild with large gage low DCR inductors and top quality parts. I would look into trying out new horn drivers both mylar and titanium diaphragms. Less money spent better speaker happier you cause what you love gets better. Moray James.

Any suggestions? BTW I'm not a fan of Fortes or La Scalas and I'm thinking of more modern speakers.

Yeah it's based on a LaScala but you might keep an eye on his comments and upcoming pictures. He got them just yesterday.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/146536.aspx

You would do yourself a favor to hear something like this, certainly no harm in that. You might end up considering it more modern. You will definately consider it more ugly but the sound it puts out will go toe-to-toe with just about anything else out there. Add a subwoofer to compliment the LaScala bass and I'd consider it 99th percentile.

I have owned, in the past, KG4s and Cornwalls. Currently I own 4 CF3s that I use for my HT. Of all the Klipsch speakers I have listened to the CF3s are my favorites. I'm going to put together a new 2 channel system an I'm curious as to what other Klipsch speakers I might like. I currently own SS, tube and tripath amps but I'll probably use a 150wpc tripath amplifier in this system. Any suggestions? BTW I'm not a fan of Fortes or La Scalas and I'm thinking of more modern speakers.

cubdog

How about a pair of Jubiles?? [Y][Y][Y][H]

Roger

Jubiles or Jubscalas, I'm sure, would be nice.Unfortunately money must play a factor in my decision. I like the R7 suggestion but the ones I see have been priced around $1300.

cubdog

Ahhh.....so now we have a Budget? Probably should mention what that budget is, so we aren't looking in the wrong ballpark! [^o)]

Dennie [;)]

Jubiles or Jubscalas, I'm sure, would be nice.Unfortunately money must play a factor in my decision. I like the R7 suggestion but the ones I see have been priced around $1300.

cubdog

Ahhh.....so now we have a Budget? Probably should mention what that budget is, so we aren't looking in the wrong ballpark! Hmm

Dennie Wink

Don't we all have a budget? Kind off depends on what mood my wife is in but lets say $1500 or less.

cubdog

I would also have to jump on the "RF-7" bandwagon if you are looking for something other than Heritage. I have listen to many a Heritage rig, with some nice applification, and I still find myself incredibly impressed with my own RF-7 and B&K rig, even after some 8 years of ownership.

Yeah, Jubilees would be friggan sweet, if you have the room for them and the $10K or so it would take to get everything you need (including the speakers themselves) to get them to properly work and sound the best.

You can certainly find RF-7s on the second market for less than the $1,500 budget that you mentioned. Other than that, the brand-new RF-7 IIs are really nice. I'd still like to hear a pair myself (especially compared to the 'classic' RF-7s like I have).