Heritage vs Reference II/THX system or do I need to get over it? LOL

THXAUDIO

The problem with Klipsch is no dealers around to listen to the high end stuff. if so there would be many more high end stuff around.

It just sounds so much better than the other stuff. i was fortunate enough to hear it in person at forum member homes

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered a RF-64II center channel speaker and I will test it out tonight. I think that I am going to keep the set-up I have for now......LOL but now I'm thinking about Jubilees, then a mod for center that was mentioned, LORD LORD you all got me thinking different ways to set up, but I have 2 spare LaScalas as well was thinking with the specs would it be better for center with my set up or keep the Belle .....and would be interested to know more about mod for center with LaScalas and if anyone hears of an available Jubilee pair I would be interested. The next step would be???? LOL Who knows..Btw the center is behind a micro perf screen so not sure if that makes any difference or not.

BTW I have the Bob Crites AA crossovers in the Klipschorns and the AL-5 crossovers in the Belle if upgrading or changing back to stock crossovers on the Klipschorns would help as well would be interested to know.

Thanks to all that have commented.

Well I listened to the RC-64II. Compared to my Belle center channel..Night and Day. I'm sure that all the Reference top of the line together would be great but doesn't even come close to the punch I get from the Belle and the rest of my Heritage system. I wonder if its even worth listening to a Klipsch THX?? I doubt I would be happy with any other system with the exception of maybe Jubilees and maybe some mods, which I haven't heard but should be in the same line as what I have but a notch up...maybe? LOL

You're not going to be any more impressed with the KL650 as a center. Maybe very subtle differences, but not any of what you get out of your Belle. I've gone from a KL650 center to a LaScala. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells on the topic, but I don't understand how folks can prefer the latter...

The problem with Klipsch is no dealers around to listen to the high end stuff. if so there would be many more high end stuff around.

Yes, and I wonder why. Plenty of people on this forum feel that Klipschorns and Jubs could equal or surpass competition at the same price points.....if people could just hear them in stores!

Is it a capital outlay problems with the dealers? I believe people in the past also had to put up $$$$ to display Heritage, and any other speakers at any price. There were 5 stores in the S.F. Bay Area where one could hear Klipschorns properly set up, and one (a chain) where one could hear them poorly set up. I believe the number is now 0. Perhaps Klipsch should select one store in each large metro area to display Heritage, Jubs, and Palladiums (Palladia?). Perhaps they could have a factory rep set them up in each store, and make it part of the deal that the dealer not move them away from their optimum acoustical locations. Many more people would buy them if they could hear them.

Guest Anonymous

I could be accused of a biased opinion, but i'd stick with Heritage, unless as bill said you can afford Jubilee's.

I'm saving for 402's now.

OMG!!!! THOSE ARE A WORK OF ART AND I WANT TO HEAR THEM AND OWN THEM!!!!! LOL

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! They are beautiful and that room is as well. WOW that picture is worth a thou$and words. Now, where can I get a pair? (or two, my friend is nuts as well, LOL)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! They are beautiful and that room is as well. WOW that picture is worth a thou$and words. Now, where can I get a pair? (or two, my friend is nuts as well, LOL)

The 402 horn on the top is about the size of a LaScala.

To be fair, Travis bought the wood and had it shipped to Klipsch. They aren't normally quite that nice looking, but Klipsch will use different veneer on the front, center panel.

What part of the country do you live in? We're always good at volunteering other peoples homes and equipment for auditioning ...

You need ot hear some, anyway, but as far as buying them, you need to get in touch with Roy Delgado at Klipsch. There are a few options that you would have to decide on. Normally they are are set up with active crossovers, but you can do passive, but would have to build the crossovers or have someone build them for you. Things like that...

Bruce

They sound even better . . . . .

Call 1-800-KLIPSCH and ask for Roy Delgado

There is nothing like an audio addict! LOL

I replaced my Belle for center ( Thanks bhendrix and a second that motion, from Marvel) with a LaScala at 3am in the morning!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I'm loving this ride!!!. Now to add the K-402/K69 on top......

Next.....OMG JUUUUUUUBILATION in the form of Jubilees.....take a bit of time to get here due to the slowness of shipping couriers...HAHAHA J/K is it Monday yet? LOL

A point or two about Jubilee cabinets. First they work extra well in corners, very well away. You do not need K402 horns (ugly as hell). A wooden 1.5 in tractrix horn with a JBL 2435 compression driver crossed over at 600hz works very well and is much better looking.

I recently purchased a DBX Driverack PA+ so I could let my son use my Jubs as speakers for a DJ setup. I thought I was happy with my passive crossover set up. While its overkill for a static setup the driverack will set itself up for balance and eq while I force the crossover settings. With the addition of a high quality sub your theater setup would be stunning.

My system:

Audio Research SP-6

DBX Driverack PA+ speaker management system

Sunfire True Subwoofer

Adcom GFA 535 for Jubilee clones with Crites drivers

Adcom GFA 535L for jbl 2435 compression drivers with tractrix horns

• Moderators

You do not need K402 horns (ugly as hell).

[bs]

Sorry my wife and I disagree, and she had a choice of cloth or just wood trim or anything she wanted, since she picked out the 402's the first time she heard them it was her choice.

If you think the JBL 2435 is better you obviously never heard the 402 setup properly, and if done passively the crossovers cost more than going active when done right. imo

A few have tried to just build a passive with just the crossover points like the standard crossover and take the cheap way out, it has not worked out, then claim it's probably the horn. Maby try what does work for the many who has done it ?

One person built the correct passive crossover, Rigma, and it does work, it matches what the speaker was designed to do but very expensive.

just another opinion derived from what I was told by 90% of the jube owners. I am not a Jube owner, I went a different way, but with the k402 and active crossover.

You do not need K402 horns (ugly as hell).

PWK BS Button

Sorry my wife and I disagree, and she had a choice of cloth or just wood trim or anything she wanted, since she picked out the 402's the first time she heard them it was her choice.

If you think the JBL 2435 is better you obviously never heard the 402 setup properly, and if done passively the crossovers cost more than going active when done right. imo

A few have tried to just build a passive with just the crossover points like the standard crossover and take the cheap way out, it has not worked out, then claim it's probably the horn. Maby try what does work for the many who has done it ?

One person built the correct passive crossover, Rigma, and it does work, it matches what the speaker was designed to do but very expensive.

just another opinion Idea derived from what I was told by 90% of the jube owners. I am not a Jube owner, I went a different way, but with the k402 and active crossover.

Well, I am a Jubilee owner and agree with everything dtel just said.

Accept no substitute. Insist on the real, engineered deal.

I agree with dtel as well. I have JubScalas, rather than Jubilees, but the design is fully engineered and lab tested by Roy Delgado, just like the Jubilees. This includes the active crossover settings, ensuring the sound is the best available from all the components.

Doing a mix-and-match of components that haven't been professionally tested together, just for esthetic reasons, doesn't sound like the better way to go.

If you don't like the size or look of the K402 horn, go with the K510. It uses the same K-69 driver as the K402, but is quite a bit smaller, and has been tested to work well with the Jubilee bass bin.