Cat Scratch problem.

gagelle

I believe someone who works at Klipsch has (had?) a cat who ate rubber and the like, so he put the exposed side of his subwoofer (RSW 15?) about 1" away from the wall to keep the mouth out.

Ours eats flowers, both real and artificial, so we don't have them in any cat area. She used the side grills of our Klipschorns to sharpen her claws, so we tried the ploy of putting a throw rug which had been sprayed with lemon scent on either side of each Khorn. She strolled over, sniffed the air, then sharpened her claws on the side grille. We try to keep her out of there now, but she occasionally sneaks in. A few times we have found paw prints in the fine dust on top of each of our electronic components. She was careful not to miss any.

When she was a kitten, we had an old, non-powered, Klipsch subwoofer in another room. It had two tubular ports, and two small very loaded woofers in a big box.. She would lie on her side and stick her paw in a port, reaching for the speakers. We measured the distance from her armpit to the end of her paw, determined that the woofers were a greater distance within the box, so we let it go.

I get 1/4 glass, doesn't have to be tempered radius the corners, polish edges. Use 6x 'desk tabs' (those nickel sized hard clear plastic thingies) to separate the glass from wood IMPORTANT!

After oiling speakers or cleaning glass- let dry thoroughly before reinstalling tops (don't want any nasty chemicals trapped between the two.

I've used this on my LS and CW for years with no damage to the speakers tops. Beats doilies all to heck.

M

You think you're disturbed!! Take a look at Stubby and his family!

tumblr_lj2xdriD7k1qcvxveo1_500.gif

That looks exactly like my cat Boudreaux, aka Fat Boy, aka Pork Chop, aka Loud Mouth, aka Boudy Boy

And yes, Boudy has all his legs intact.

EDIT:

I'll click a pic of him when I get back home, in the next day or 2.

Those compressed air SSSSSCAT can's work great, and double as great fun to use on family members and coworkers. I purchased two of them when I first got my drum kit and was paranoid about the cats scratching up the drum heads. They went near my kit maybe twice at most...

Set em up on book cases or around corners to use on family and friends [;)]