Where to get XLR Cables?

Thors1982

I am buying my first amp/pre-amp combo soon for my 7.1 setup and am curious about XLR Cables?

Monoprice seems to have them for $5 each... which would be very cheap.. are they bad cables? Even Bluejeancable charges $26. I realize I probably don't need XLR for a 3 foot run but I planned on using it anyways....

Any ideas on monoprice XLR cables? Are the Bluejeancables worth the extra $150? Or should I look somewhere else? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Also looked at these

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-4005...9387456&sr=1-3

I realize I probably don't need XLR for a 3 foot run but I planned on using it anyway...

In my experience, 3' runs are almost as bad as 10' runs in terms of introducing common mode noise. Use of XLR-terminated balanced ground cables eliminated those problems for me.

I'm sure that you might be able to find bad XLR cables, but note that musicians buy those things in bulk for their gigging rigs and low price is the usually the winning formula for that community. I've bought mine at Amazon (marketplace) and at Guitar Center: all worked as advertised. Some looked more substantial than others...

Chris

Mogami cable (wire) and Neutrik XLR connectors, this is the most often used professional choice used on most stages and recording studios. Chances are whatever you are listening to it first traveled through Mogami cable and Neutrik connectors. They are very good quality, very reasonably priced and considered by many professionals to be the best and most musical.

Here is a great place to buy them in a variety of forms with many options, including custom made to order at great prices.

http://www.proaudiola.com/cables-and-snakes-s/234.htm'> http://www.proaudiola.com/cables-and-snakes-s/234.htm

I use a 15 ft Mogami 8 channel snake cable with Neutrik gold XLR connectors to connect my processor and amps.

8-M2932-XLRF-XLRM-4-P-2.jpg

• Moderators

I bought a few XLR cables from monoprice. They are extremely well made, look very nice and work as they should.

I got some XLR's from Monoprice also but I did have a bad one in the bunch, no connection at all. I still use them because I like how there made for the price, I figure it was just an oddball, everything else from there was fine, cheap but well made banana plugs also.

• Moderators

Can't beat their price-to-quality ratio.

That's what I thought, the quality is really much better than you would expect for the price, I think I just got a dud.

Other places are probably fine also I just never tried some of the others.