Wow

snackguy

Although I earlier posted a response in this thread - I have to admit that on reconsideration that I doubt that this forum is the place for this type of discussion.

I would never suggest that free speech is a bad idea but I am not convinced that discussions of religious/political issues really belong in a forum devoted to audiophilia.

I admit that I fell into that trap and am removing my earlier comments - not because I feel they were immoderate or inaccurate but simply because on second thought - I agree this forum is not a proper venue for political and/or theological discussion.

Besides my wire is bigger and better than yours!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

No. I think discussing views like this one can be very enlightening about someone's character. We can see a lot of evidence in this thread already of users with reasonable character on one hand, and people who need to look more critically into the mirror on the other hand.

Those who wish to continue this thread and make constructive comments should stay. Those who want to stir trouble will be ignored. Those who wish to have a meaningful dialogue should stay and post your views.

I will address those of reasonable character only who clearly wish to remain in the discussion:

KAiN64 - I understand my history very well. Repression is not right. Killing people in retribution is not right. I think I clearly said that both sides in this conflict are clearly in the wrong. I don't think anyone wants to go down the path of history and play the game of "who was there first" Please visit the short concise history at http://www.arab.net/palestine/palestine_contents.html.

How far do we want to dig into the past to try to settle something that can only be solved by looking ahead to the future. Let's not bury our heads on this.

forresthump,

Well gee, if A-merica is sooooo great, why are they only supplying stuff to Israel??

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

Projector: (Still deciding)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Oh dear - what a topic for this board. I would agree with others here that this is not the forum to discuss this issue.

For what it is worth my take is that both sides have drifted so far away from what I would call acceptable behaviour that either blaming the other is a nonsense.

Both sides are equally culpable. Israel's occupation of the West Bank must end, and soon. A Palestinian state must be founded, but, not with Jerusalem as its capital.

The "suicide" bombings are better described as Homicide bombings as I think George Bush said. I do not care how desperate you think your plight is you lose all rights to reasonable treatment the moment you send your own young people into crouded shopping centres (and the like) to blow themselves and others up.

There is no difference in my opinion, other than scale, for what Palestinian terrorists are doing in Israel and what Osama's lunatics did on September 11.

Israel must pull back. The bombings must stop. Only then can both sides attempt yet again to sort this mess out.

Again FWIW - if you really need to assign blame for the situation we face now then I would blame Great Britain's foreign policy for the 70 or so years leading up to the formation of the State of Israel by the UN in 1947.

Bacially they promised the land to both sides and then totally failed to address the situation. It was only when they realised this that they washed their hands of the affair and handed the whole mess over to the UN.

The original UN proposal for partition of the land between Israel and Palestine was rejected by the Arab nations and so Israel was declared a state in 1948. Interestingly Jordan (or TransJordan as it was then) was setup at the same time supposedly as a homeland for the Palestinians. Great success that was!!

You can read the rest in your history books but in the meantime wouldnt it be better to concentrate on the writings of Paul Klipsch and speaker design? After 60 or so years on conflict I cannot see us coming up with a solution to this problem.

I agree. It is better to leave this topic off this board, especially with people like forresthump around.

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

This message has been edited by KAiN64 on 04-30-2002 at 06:56 AM

Ok so to try and change this grim subject matter....

Has anyone with an XBOX, purchased Monster Cable connectors? I was in a local store last week and seen that Moster Cable has a set that includes an optical to the sound, and I think it was SVideo. $50.00.... I was tempted but I resisted.

Just curious if anyone has made that purchase and if it's really worth it.

------------------

the m00n system

RF-7 Front floors

RC-7 Center

RS-3II Surrounds (May update to RS-7)

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Max but Homocide Bomber is a redundant so it should be just murderer or terrorist.

Terrorists put themselves before any civilians, or in the case of the Pallys they then get their own who are not bearing arms & fighting killed. A terrorist such as those palastinian "militants" use their own civilians as human shields in hiding in harmony with the true cowards they are.

And terrorists make civilians,those not fighting or bearing arms with intent to kill their primary target, because they are cowards and civilians are an easy target. It a mental release for them to kill civilians that are indirectly attached to the military and government they oppose.

Humas and jihad meet the above definitions And arafat supports them while milking on the UN & world liberal opinion.

Kain the americans and canadians and most Europeans Except for France Are a generous people like you find on this BBS. The USA has given to the Pallys generously but military equipment no way. That be pretty foolish based on the actions of the Pally terrorists who control Arafat & are supported by Him.

What is the difference between suicide Bombers and what OBL did to us on 9-11? We are a far superior military power to Al Quida and they accuse Us of the same Military encroachments and oppression while overlooking

our generousity. Admit that when 9-11 happened you and your family had a little gleam and smirk if not outright celebration. Did your dad crack open a bottle

of the Sand Wine? LOL

Admit that Osama and Saddam Hussein are more respected by you and yours then George Bush Jr or Tony Blair. Admit it and be done with it as it will all be done with sooner or later.

------------------

go forth & hump the world

Forresthump, Yes I lost my job. I currently work at a retail store stocking shelves at night to SUPPORT my family. While my wife works during the day to SUPPORT our family. Am I proud of my current job? NO. But I am proud that I didnt go on welfare. After all I did pay into, but I am not taking from. So long as we have Americans who dont buy domestic cars, who buy foreign shoes and have CEO's who will send American jobs over seas to save their bottom line I will be forced to continue my current night job. However I will drive to that job in my American car, work in my American shoes and be damn proud that I am NOT on welfare. And while I am working to support my family I will continue to hope that there is someone somewhere in this country that will put down that foreign product and buy the American one so that I can get my real job back.

DNTBY4N if your name is truly what you believe BLESS YOU.

Snack that good and the way america was built. On merit and hard work. Sorry on the welfare just looked like you had too much time on your hands. But don't even get into that protectionist Crap. We already been through that. Just Don't count on the government to give you a job. Companies give you a job and you earn it. How many poor people have given you a job. A job isn't a right it's a earned privledge. Otherwise go into business for yourself and risk your own time and money. Look where all the population explosion is at. Outside the USA. Do you expect other countries people to buy our goods if they dont have the money from we buying theirs. We cant grow without selling abroad. If we make better products and those that pay higher wages they will buy from us. But they cant buy if they dont have money. Such ignorant thinking protectionism.

Certainly we buy american if its the best product at the best price.

At least you came up with a original thread that has nothing to do with the purpose of this Klipsch BBS. LOL

Kain more questions for you. Do people determine their fate or is it predetermined by God (Allah)?

Do people reason or do they have revelations from allah?

------------------

This message has been edited by forresthump on 04-30-2002 at 05:08 PM

I always find it humorous that the "should be banned" posts get 30, 40, 50, or 100+ replies!

Lets talk about it, if you do not wish to participate, don't, if you want to have a heated discussion, go for it! Don't complain!

The particular post is in a sub menu of a sub menu, you do not have to even LOOK at it.

Anyone agree?

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Agreed Kenratboy.

Good comments maxg.

Nice try m00n.

KAiN64 - Sorry you had to leave, but I agree it may not be safe with the apparent lunatic fringe hanging about. Hopefully the moderators will moderate the problem child right off the board.

HEY!..I guess I'm "an outcast" for owning (and enjoying) my RP-3s! I wonder what the Heresy's that I bought new in 1981 make me then? Note to self, "I must go out and find a Klipsch Rebel for my collection."

And as a parting shot:

My Governor can beat up your _____.

(choose one below)

Governor

President (by electoral college)

President (by popular vote)

elected official <politically correct choice>

King/Queen

Prime Minister

Fearless Leader <The anti-Bullwinkle Party>

Despotic Ruler

General

recognized leader

unrecognized leader

Coup Leader

Chewbacca

Other

(NOTE: This ballot has not been approved for use in Florida and may be determined to be invalid by the United States Supreme Court anyway)

So now CC wants to limit my 1ST amendment rights. LOL

When it's religion and politics it no holds barred chump. If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen. You made your bed now sleep in it. And all that libby hypocrite.

It funny how I had you pegged for a libby not just because your from Minneapolis but more because of your pompous anti establishment elitist attitude. Getting your nose in everybody's business.

And your Govenor is a joke and the only reason the US Supreme had too step in was because of a all liberal

FLA kangaroo Supreme court who changed their own rules at every turn to support AL SORE getting in the House (what a horror to think of now). LOL I recomend At Any Cost by Bill Salomon. Besides Sore's last minute loading all the minorities on buses with cigarette bribes that explains the rest of what happened with the Popular Vote fiasco.

I See the big loss still eats at CC. Get over it clown. cwm1.gif

------------------

This message has been edited by forresthump on 04-30-2002 at 10:51 PM

quote:

Kain more questions for you. Do people determine their fate or is it predetermined by God (Allah)?

It is kind of a mix. You do what you want to do, you judge things for yourself. But when things such as "death" come, you cannot avoid them (meaning when it is your time to die, you will die no matter what).

BTW, I am not an Arab, I am from Pakistan but I am a Muslim.

Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

Screen: Stewart FireHawk (16:9)