Chevy Billboards in Detroit

DizRotus

VERY cool[:D] I have similar ideas/thoughts with regards to my audio gears.

Like a pair of well dressed Cornwalls, with a caption "When loudspeakers didn't look like a pair of dice."

Or Belle Klipsch: "With these two leading ladies, you can make it a Three Way".

Or a McIntosh MC30, captioned: "Hot. AND Cool."

Gotta love a little nostalgia from the height of American production.....

Yeah, I remember rusty cars in Ontario. People didn't sell their cars because they were worn out, they sold them because they became too ugly. Some people even avoided buying white cars, because the rust would be more obvious...

Few brands were immune to the road salt. I saw rusted-out Benzes, and once even a Rolls-Royce with a rust hole in one fender.

Yeah, I remember rusty cars in Ontario. People didn't sell their cars because they were worn out, they sold them because they became too ugly. Some people even avoided buying white cars, because the rust would be more obvious...

Few brands were immune to the road salt. I saw rusted-out Benzes, and once even a Rolls-Royce with a rust hole in one fender.

You're right about rust. Corvette bodies avoid the cosmetic rust but the steel frames of forty-year-old plastic bodied cars eventually succumb to rust.

Detroit sits on a salt mine. Seems like a conflict of interest.

Detroit sits on a salt mine. Seems like a conflict of interest.

Only if you think their interest is in their customers keeping their cars for a really long time. Don't you think the car companies would prefer that you replace your car every few years?