Turntable Find TD-160

USNRET

While helping a friend look for some speakers, I ran into a seller who bought his 2 channel rig back in the '80s. It has been sitting collecting dust, literally. I am getting the Thorens along with the hum the owner says it has. I wasn't there to check it out in person but for the price I figured why not. I am working on the assumption that the hum is cartridge or cable induced. $50.00 should be worth a check out.

Mike take some Nevrdull to that platter and arm tube will make it look like chrome. I figure it would be worth the time and effort. superb deck when set up. Check out the analog dept for all Thorens. Congrat on a super find you deserve it much. Best regards Moray James.

PS the Quartets now have KLF20 10 inch woofers (same morot as a Forte 12) the cabinets are totally reinforced with braces the risers are off and the cabinets are up on 14 inch 4 post stands with the walnut oiled to perfection and a coat of cleqar paste wax. They look incredible sound better than my Forte ll`s. Thanks my brother just loves them. He will have me buld up new crossovers inthe spring.

Nice find! My friend got this TD150 from another friend, niether of them paid anything for it so thats the price I paid. Its been in the attic a while for the same problem of it hums. Its kind of anoying in between songs but I used it for several months before I got another free one, this was a Dual so I put the TD150 away for a while. I don't know why it hums but I think its time to spend some money on it as its really a nice unit for the money.

instead of a photo I got a server timeout, I guess I give up on the photos

Server Error in '/' Application.

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Description: An
unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web
request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the
error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:
Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the
operation or the server is not responding.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the
current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of
the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[sqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +1950890
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4846875
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2392
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +204
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +954
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +175
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +137
CommunityServer.Data.ForumsSqlDataProvider.UpdatePost(ForumPost post, Int32 editedBy) +1441
CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Posts.UpdatePost(ForumPost post, Int32 editedBy) +69
CommunityServer.Discussions.Controls.CreateEditForumPostForm.SavePost(Thread post) +291
CommunityServer.Discussions.Controls.CreateEditForumPostForm.SubmitButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +432
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +111
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +110
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

I want to thank you for getting me to look at this turntable again. I played it yesterday and found the hum only on one channel so after thinking about it again I decided to look up the factory drawing of the rca cables. One of the Rca's had ground shield was tied to the chassis external ground lug, well when I lifted the wire jumper labled A in the diagram I broke the ground loop. Thanks again.

post-42841-13819664632308_thumb.jpg