OT: Stationary Recumbent Bikes

fini

Does anyone here have experience with these? I'm exploring the possibility of buying one. Comfort is a high priority. I'm a big guy. Also high on my wish list: lumbar support, adjustablility (for my 6'4" frame, as well as workout level), "reasonable" price.

Hey Gregg! My wife has used one of the Gold's Gym recumbent bikes for a number of years (I didn't check the model as it's probably discontinued by now). We got it on sale at Walmart and it wasn't too expensive as I recall. She's 6 feet tall and doesn't have the frame extended to nearly what it's capable of (I'm your height and can easily use it too; but I prefer walking). Pedal tension can be selected, and at the highest level the effort is significant. The seat isn't overly padded, but an additional cushion can always be used. Lumbar support isn't wonderful though, and isn't adjustable on this model, so if you have stenosis it may get a bit uncomfortable without that capability. Hope this info helps. Regards- Maynard

Stationary Recumbent Dykes?

Why wouldn't you want them up and around and doing things? Like maybe the laundry, taking the garbage out to the curb, or darning up those nasty recession-induced holes in the socks.

An ex-girlfriend of mine had one many years ago. All I can remember about it now was that it did a great job of holding lots of clean laundry waiting to be hung up or ironed.

Yea... I know... No help at all. Big Smile

I used to have a pool table that could do the same thing....

Stationary Recumbent Dykes?

Why wouldn't you want them up and around and doing things? Like maybe the laundry, taking the garbage out to the curb, or darning up those nasty recession-induced holes in the socks.

Are you kidding? With their skills I'd have them doing carpentry, painting, landscaping and er..laying carpet.

Your thread title sounds like some sort of political demonstration.

Hi fini,

I've got an Edge 288r that I picked up from Dicks a few years back (want to say $250?). Wasn't overly expensive at the time, and keeps me in pretty good shape. While I can't claim that I sit on it for hours on end on a regular basis, I've never had any complaints on comfort; my usual routine is a half hour a day. Depending on what I've eaten, I've been known to spend an hour or more to work it off, again with no complaints on comfort. I'm 5'8 and there is plenty of room for a much taller rider. Reasonable range of difficultly settings and programming as well, although I don't bother with the presets.