2 channel audio? OR CHAT LINE????????

HII

What has happened here. All of the good technical people must have been scared away (or bored away) from this site due to all of this personal blah blah blah! It is nice that all of you "get along so well" and have so many "nice stories to tell" but aren't there thousands of Chat Lines out there for this type of thing. I come to the two channel audio page for technical information. To get answers from qualified people on technical questions. This page also used to provide ample reviews and experiments on new/old and interesting audio products. In addition to a lot of good advice. I am sorry to be sinicle but the content on this page has drastically degraded. What ever happened to 2 Channel Audio?

HII

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, who peed in your Cheerios?

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

Internet is a big place, a few keywords should get all the Tech info you need for whatever Audio subject you desire.

(It's what I do.)

The answers are out there.

But you are right about the 2 channel forum lately.

But it is just a Forum, and life goes on.......

THANX!

Nobody peed in my Cheerios. I am just dissappointed in the recent content in this site. Again, I dont mean to be sinicle, but 2 chammel audio does not seem to be the thrust of this "2 channel audio" forum anymore. I rekindled my passion for obtaining the perfect sound out of my stereo system when I first discovered this forum. As a result of research, questions and recomendations by former members of this site I purchased my first tube amps (Laurel IIX 300B) and am in the process of building them. Unfortunately the people that shared (initiated) my interest and passion for audio equipment seem to have left this forum and the majority of new members seem to be more interested in "chatting". Sorry. I am just dissappointed.

That's because hardly anyone owns 2 channel audio any more. I think they use it to chat because no one has a question in 2 channel audio because it is boring. If someone has a question however, like I usually do, I put it in HT, or technical questions and I get quick, intelligent responses, and opinions which I find very useful.

------------------

The 17th school is done, no more forum for me. :(

Ron Welborne would be your best source for Tech advice.

But I know how you feel and agree.

Damn! I wish I could afford the Welborne stuff.

And two channel audio isn't boring, different strokes for different folks.

THANX!

This message has been edited by mike stehr on 05-11-2002 at 11:57 PM

Lemme see, one thread where members are catching up on what has been going on with each other, and a couple of stories about PWK that I have written....doesn't look like a chatroom to me....and the only damned reason I put the stories about PWK in this thread was because it seemed to be the right place to do it...and with just one person who doesn't appreciate hearing about the founder of the company whose forum this is (so far)...then I don't feel too bad about putting the stories in here....especially since those who ARE interested, are most likely primarily into 2-channel systems to start with...nuff said!...bye the way...it's spelled CYNICAL! Smile.gif

P.S. If ya don't want to read the stories, nobody is forcing you to key them up.

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

The truth is:

If you ask a question on this forum, it will be answered. Also, you have 20 posts, I have 550. This is a TRUE community, people here actually care about each other and that is conveyed in the non audio posts. A "chat room" is where I can be a gay Polish (nothing against Polish, just chose a nationality) exchange student one day and a US Marine the next, here, you can't do that.

You can stay or leave, stay and enjoy the fun! Nothing too exciting is happening right now, I think there is a cycle of action/no action and we are in a rut right now.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Like Ken said, if you ask, the answer will come. I have never had an unanswered question. Never been disappointed with this board, maybe a few people from the board, but nothing more than that. I have been here quite some time, and made and read thousands of posts, some on topic, some off. But aften the best posts I read are those that are off topic, especially those from HRBuilder (spelling) and the like. Often you get a story, and an audio lesson all in one.

What is your question? We can not give out info without being led onto a topic. That is the basis of a forum, you ask, someone answers.

About two channel audio... I certainly hope it is not something of the yesteryear. Me, a 17 year old, building a 7.1 system of Klipsch Reference, owning 3 5.1, 2 4.1 and 1 2.1 systems (those are Klipsch ProMedia's) I am now moving over to a two channel system. I am building, thanks to QMan, University Horn speakers. Making two for now, power them either with my Marantz PM500 or another amp (Dad says he has a Marantz tube amp in the studio getting dusty...) for music listening. If they work out, maybe a quadrophonic system. But two channel is where I am headed Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Another point: Things are relatively quiet here with the onset of summer. Many enthusiasts spend less time here and in their living rooms, and more time doing other things. When fall rolls around the upgrade bug hits hard, and there is much more traffic in the forums. Since 2 channel is becoming less common (it seems HT is all the rage these days) there isn't as much traffic right now...a bit of a "technical lull" to be sure, but we're still open for business!

If you think it's quiet over here in 2 channel, it's been a near morgue in Powered Subwoofers. Are the JBL pro cabinets the "last word" in bass reinforcement?cwm1.gif Doubt it, but it's been quiet over there.

HII, if you do have a technical question, please ask! While there is less traffic, there are some of us still here doing our thing, and I'm sure someone will try to help.

------------------

Klipsch Cornwall II's (mains)

Klipsch Academy (center channel)

Klipsch Chorus (surrounds)

Outlaw 750 Amplifier (5x165)

H/K AVR 75 (used as pre/pro - will be upgraded soon)

Bass Kit:

2 JBL 4638 LFE/Bass Reinforcement cabinets

Crown CE 1000 amplifier

Behringer Feedback Destroyer (Bass EQ)

Sources:

Pioneer DV-333

2 Aiwa ADF-850 3 head cassette decks

General Instruments cable box

Panasonic VHS PV-4459

Digital Audio Labs CardDeluxe (computer sound)

f> c> s>

This message has been edited by dndphishin on 05-12-2002 at 07:09 AM

Now that the JBL subs (last word in bass, hell no!) are pretty much gone, that is over with.

I agree, its summer and we are not all imprisioned in out homes, so the HT is sitting idle right now.

Most of us members, and this board are not going away, so lets just wait for some excitement.

Klipsch needs a bold new product line to reset this forum.

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Yea

This is a chat line!

HDBRbuilder used to work for Klipsch, but we just chat!

Id like to see 4 or 5 moderators keep up with 10,000 posts!

Boa, HDBR,Shapeshifter,William F Gill, Mike L, tblasing, are as smart as the moderators, so that makes 11 and thats not all of them, its hard to remember all the names!

Ask for woofer specs, or ask ALK about his crossovers that he made for Klipsch speakers!

The moderators sit back, because we

have the knowledge here already!

And down the road, my freinds here will find you good deals on used Klipsch!

The moderators

shut down usless, and out of control topics, like wars, or politics!

The moderator also answer questions on the new line, as most of us have vintage lines here!

Steve P was and still is our very good freind that started out here on the BB, and now works for Klipsch in acurus mondial amp! (EXAMPLE)!

If only i could do that, id love to work for Klipsch!

So if you have a question, its likely to get answered by a few, listen and take advice on it!

I myself have been set straight a couple times, i took time to think, on the replies, and realized i was wrong!

Welcome aboard Regards Jim

This message has been edited by Jim Cornell on 05-12-2002 at 12:40 PM

No one is putting a gun to your head. If you do not like what is here, go somewhere else. I have found many chat rooms/forums I wished were different, but it is not in my position to chage that.

If someone has somthing good and audio related to talk about, they will. That is not happening right now. I just post some stuff so I can keep a "little" position here. About 2 months ago, I was posting 10-30 posts (replies) a day, not, it is <5.

------------------

Hey bud

Theres not a humungous amount of fun in life really, lets talk audio and enjoy ourselves!

Most men here, all they do is work, and mostly the same day in and day out stuff, im one of them!

OR they are retired, and still having fun, i love my hobby, without it, even with downsizeing my corns, id have nothing to do at all!

I have been on this BB 2 years and havent hit 800 posts, but im close, Justin has 6000, i dont know how he did it!

So as far as gossip, i take some ideas from it!!!!

Im prabably one of the pains here on the BB, but oh well, its still fun!

Why do Klipsch sound better with a buzz????????????

Please answer this LOL!

Regards \Jim

and get a transformer BuZZ?Tipsy.gifTipsy.gifTipsy.gifTipsy.gif

LoL

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Hi all. I have been on/off this board since 99 now. I don't have a whole lot to say here anymore as I have pretty much ran out of things to ask, but, when I do ask, someone is always willing to help. GREAT place!

I learn a great deal just by checking in from to time.

And I do appreciate the "stories" too! Well written and entertaining as well.

I won't be on as often now as the fishing is picking up.....but, when the snow hits again in winter, I'll be checking in most everyday.

Thanks to all over the years! I really enjoy this place.......................................

Mike