2 channel audio? OR CHAT LINE????????

HII

quote:

Originally posted by Jim Cornell:

Mike were always here if you need us!

Justin, how did you get 6000 posts in a few months?

OK

We know where the gossip is now LOL!

LOL Jim

in a few months? mor elike one and a half years. check out the ProMedia forums and the Computer forums. I post help there everyday. That is where 90% of my posts come from, and what sparked my website, http://www.soundwise.n2v.net/ which is about to be completely redone Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no crush on Amy Smile.gif I met my current g/f on an airplane on the way back from Arkansas, our planes met in the Dallas Love airport (ironic eh?) and she walked up to me on the plane. That was Easter a year ago. We have been together since... awwww, what a story Smile.gif

Get your kids hooked on Klipsch, you can be sure they will follow the straight and narrow Smile.gif, like a horn loaded speaker. haha

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

HII: In my experience this forum has been helpful both technically and generally. The forum is what it is - Klipsch fans from around the world exchanging ideas, experiences, and information. There is no agenda designed to maximize your personal reading pleasure, either deal with what's here or contribute something other than written whining. I think that we are all very lucky to have someone like HDBRbuilder recounting his memories of Klipsch and PWK that you won't find anywhere else, not even in PWK's biography. Besides, HDBRbuilder has contributed some very technical information lately about Klipsch speaker construction methods. If you don't like reading "story" posts then look for more technically oriented ones but kindly refrain from depressing the rest of us, and learn to spell! Save the lamenting and whimpering for your "chat rooms" but if you do need technical information check back in, there's always someone willing to help (including me) so long as no tissues are required.

quote:

Originally posted by zandern:

That's because hardly anyone owns 2 channel audio any more. I think they use it to chat because no one has a question in 2 channel audio because it is boring.

oh what?

humans have 2 ears (currently)

music has 2 channels (currently)

until musicians release new material that was studio mixed into 5 channels on dvd discs or the next hifi audio media (probably 5 years away at least) 2 channel audio will remain the only format for home audio (not theatre) accepted by purists. if you've ever tried listening to pink floyd or radiohead on 5.1, you will be disapointed at the unnatural way in which the sound is distributed between channels. eventually as new music is studio mixed in 5.1, 2 channel will most likely go the way of the 8 track, but again, that is at least 5 years off. until then 2 channel will not strike the vast majority of home audio enthusiasts as boring.

------------------

two channel old schooler

HII... I must be a little confused AND maybe the Klipsch servers aren't "serving" us too well this evening but you say that you post questions and do not get adequate responses? As I see it, using the "search" function below your post, the last you posted here prior to today concerning anything, let alone a question, was two months ago! If there are issues that need to be addressed, we need to hear from you first, as none of the folks here, I am quite sure, are mindreaders. If it is that you have questions about your newly built Welborne amps and are upset MH is not here to tutor you, perhaps you can email him using his address from one of his many past posts. Please don't be indignant though.cwm19.gif

Audioholic:

I guess that is just it. I do not have time nor even any remote interest in chat lines. My interest is purely in obtaining information relating to improving my stereo system, for which I beleived that this forum was intended for. My post was not a personal attack on any individual or topic. For some reason I get the feeling that HDBRbuilder feels that my post was a personal attack on him. Far from the truth. My post was an observation that, in my opinion (and obviously others) that the content of this site has changed. I do not post much but I enjoyed reading posts relating to 2-channel stereo topics. These posts helped, and influenced, my stereo purchasing decisions. From this forum I learned about products that I had never even seen or heard about before. The tube amplification discussions were very interesting and helpfull. Maybe it is just the time of year where stereo equipment is not the first thing on peolple's minds, or, maybe this is turning more into a chat line. I guess I will look forward to the fall. Whatever happened to Mobile Homeless and the like?

MII,

Nope, I didn't consider it a personal attack on me at all....like I said, if ya don't want to read the stories, nobody is making you do so. As far as info on stereo equipment goes...all you gotta do is ask a question, and I am sure you will get good answers from the folks in here.

If you have any questions that I can answer, I will be more than happy to help you out. Most of my expertise is in heritage series loudspeakers...but that isn't the limit to my knowledge.

As for just coming to this forum to find out info without asking questions, then may I suggest that you dig back into the archives of these threads somewhat...alot of info has been given over the years that is just waiting to be brought back up for your needs. Just change your settings for farther back in time and the pages will show up for you.

I hope this helps you some.

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

Well I have not been on here all that long but from what I have seen there is all the technical info in the world at your fingertips should you ask the question.

I have noticed that we seem to go through phases on here - not all that long ago 95% of the posts seemed to be about tubes - often really detailed technical stuff.

Now it has got a bit chattier - but its nothing to panic about - I am sure the tube heads will be back, or some other esoteric point of interest will raise its head....

Personally I take all its forms as they come. Should we get to the point where I no longer get anything out of it then my visits will diminish, but, as it stands now, this is still my favorite audio web-site and chat (!) forum.

------------------

My System: http://aca.gr/pop_maxg.htm

Things have slowed down on this forum since spring sprung. Its no big deal I've been on many Forums and MIRC for the last 10 years. This is the norm. Winter is when everyone has nothing better to do then work on there indoor projects and spend time on the PC.

Besides there really hasn't been many question's asked in here lately there for no answers given !!!

All is well !!

Craig

------------------

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

Grado cartridge

Sony CDP315 CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I

KSW-15 Subs>c>

HII,

If everybody was here to just answer technical questions about audio, this board wouldn't last very long. Like most people have said, there is a search function to retrieve a lot of this information from the archives. If this board was full of people with just 30 posts (such as yourself), not a whole hell of a lot of questions would get answered due to the fact the people answering them would only check in once a week or so.

Therefore, you have to take the good with the bad around here. Keep in mind, a number of people have been here a long time and have had numerous conversations with one another. We are people first and Klipsch lovers second. You can't ignore the human element in all of this...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

Assuming anyone has read this far down the thread... Smash.gif

HII,

I don't know of ANY other resource, internet based or otherwise, where so much *VALID* and *ACCURATE* technical information is available from so many people on what amounts to an around the clock basis. Sure, there's discussions about other things going on, both audio related and otherwise, but if you post a question in here, you get an answer. Where else could you go with questions ranging from "Hi, I'm rebuilding a 45 year old pair of and I can't get a capacitor with the exact same value and I'd like to know what the most approximate modern equivalent would be to a ?" to "Hi, I'm considering buying a GizmoFastic 2A3 or a NeatoKeeno 300B to go with my vintage SuperBombastic Model IIIz and I'm wondering if anyone has first hand experience with these combinations?" and actually *GET AN ANSWER* that provides useful information? No place else I know of.

There, I feel better now.

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

HII, It was apparent to me within my first few days here that this wasn't an ordinary BB. It's not like a chat line, it's more like a club or picking up the receiver on a party line or being a fly on the wall at your neighborhood bar. I like to think of it as the "Cheers" of BB's.cwm1.gif That's bc many of these folks have known each other for quite some time and some actually go to meet each other...and get together...face-to-face. I don't know what happened to MH or Mdeneen, or why they don't check in so often lately, but I'm sure they will be back soon enough...and everyone will know their name.cwm11.gif

quote:

Originally posted by SOUNDJUNKIE:

That you Cliffy? LOL

Guess that would make me Woody...cwm16.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support