2 channel audio? OR CHAT LINE????????

HII

quote:

Originally posted by tblasing:

To this day when someone asks me "How'life treatin' ya?", I have to answer "Like a baby treats a diaper."
Smile.gif
That in classic Norm-eez.

LMAOcwm30.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of Norm's best...

"Can I draw you a beer, Norm?"

"No, I know what they look like. Just pour me one."

"How about a beer, Norm?"

"Hey I'm high on life, Coach. Of course, beer is my life."

"How's a beer sound, Norm?"

"I dunno. I usually finish them before they get a word in."

"What's up, Norm?"

"Corners of my mouth, Coach."

"What's shaking, Norm?"

"All four cheeks and a couple of chins, Coach."

"Beer, Normie?"

"Uh, Coach, I dunno, I had one this week. Eh, why not, I'm still young."

"Normie, Normie, could this be Vera?"

"With a lot of expensive surgery, maybe."

"What's up, Normie?"

"The temperature under my collar, Coach."

"What would you say to a nice beer, Normie?"

"Going down?"

"What's up, Norm?"

"Everything that's supposed to be."

"What's new, Normie?"

"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach. They're demanding beer."

"What'll it be, Normie?"

"Just the usual Coach. I'll have a froth of beer and a snorkel."

"What would you say to a beer, Normie?"

"Daddy wuvs you."

"What'd you like, Normie?"

"A reason to live. Gimme another beer."

"What will you have, Norm?"

"Well, I'm in a gambling mood, Sammy. I'll take a glass of whatever comes out of that tap."

"Oh, looks like beer, Norm."

"Call me Mister Lucky."

"What do you say, Norm?"

"Any cheap, tawdry thing that'll get me a beer."

"What do you say to a beer, Normie?"

"Hiya, sailor. New in town?"

"Whaddya say, Norm?"

"Well, I never met a beer I didn't drink. And down it goes."

"What's your pleasure, Mr. Peterson?"

"Boxer shorts and loose shoes. But I'll settle for a beer."

"Hey Norm, how's the world been treating you?"

"Like a baby treats a diaper."

"Would you like a beer, Mr. Peterson?"

"No, I'd like a dead cat in a glass."

"How's life treating you?"

"It's not, Sammy, but you can!"

"Can I pour you a draft, Mr. Peterson?"

"A little early, isn't it Woody?"

"For a beer?"

"No, for stupid questions."

"What's the story, Mr. Peterson?"

"The Bobbsey twins go to the brewery. Let's cut to the happy ending."

"Hey, Mr. Peterson, there's a cold one waiting for you."

"I know, and if she calls, I'm not here."

"Beer, Norm?"

"Have I gotten that predictable? Good."

"What's going on, Mr. Peterson?"

"A flashing sign in my gut that says, 'Insert beer here.'"

"Hey, Mr. Peterson, Jack Frost nipping at your nose?"

"Yep, now let's get Joe Beer nipping at my liver, huh?"

"Another layer for the winter, Wood."

"Whatcha up to Norm?"

"My ideal weight if I were eleven feet tall."

"How's it going, Mr. Peterson?"

"Poor."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"No, I mean pour."

"How's life treating you, Norm?"

"Like it caught me sleeping with its' wife."

"Women. Can't live with 'em, pass the beer nuts."

"What's going down, Normie?"

"My butt cheeks on that bar stool."

"How's life in the fast lane?"

"Dunno, can't get on the on-ramp."

"Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson."

"Alright, but stop me at one.... make that one-thirty."

"How's it going Mr. Peterson?"

"It's a dog eat dog world, Woody, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear!"

"What's the story, Norm?"

"Boy meets beer. Boy drinks beer. Boy meets another beer."

"How about a beer, Norm?"

"That's that amber sudsy stuff, right? I've heard good things about it!"

"The question is what's going in Mr. Peterson. A beer please, Woody."

"What's up, Normie?"

"My nipples, it's freezing out there."

What a great show...

Mike

This message has been edited by Mike Lindsey on 05-14-2002 at 08:48 AM

If these forums had been strictly full of audio techno-babble, I would have never posted here. The experienced and knowledgeble senior board members seem to respond at a level appropriate to the questions posed, plus the informal atmosphere and occaisional humorous remark (chatism) promotes the free exchange of information without intimidation...for the most part...(some of you guys still scare me).

This message has been edited by cluless on 05-14-2002 at 06:56 PM

Great thread. Enjoyed reading through it, esp. the Norm one-liners. Damn, we keep interesting things on our computers and Palm Pilots, don't we? Smile.gif

Two years ago, I was sitting on my couch, fat - dumb - and happy, listening with great pride to my Bose Acoustamass 5 "surround system" (off of my junky 10 year old Philips "Clips at 9:00" receiver). After discovering this forum (which reignited old memories of my first Khorn audition in Denver's "Listen Up" in 1978), I now have a new family room, two old Cornwall "II"'s, a Belle, (all loaded with ALK's finest), a pair of Heresys, and a pair of Khorns in the Living Room running off a nice old Eico. To get this far, and to have learned so much, in two years is absolutely staggering, esp. considering I'm a frickin' moron.

I would like to esp. mention just a few names who were instrumental in holding my hand in those early days. I apologize in advance to anybody I've left out:

Ray Garrison

Al Klappenberger

Kelly Holsten

Ed Rex

Ed Dennis

Ed Whitesell (3 out of 4 Ed's prefer Klipsch)

Soundog

100's more of wonderful, fine, great people.

HII. To me, this ancillary 'chit-chat' is a requirement for it enables me to 'evaluate' the respondee. Not only is it highly enjoyable, but it affords the reader insight as to the person's likes and dislikes. This is VERY important when assessing the response to a subjective question.

Suppose I was in the market for a HT system and I ask the question 'is DTS better than DD5.1'. I can get a hundred different perspectives ranging from absolute techno-babble to 'who gives a $#!^'. Generally speaking, I tend to place a higher value on the answers to these types of questions if I 'know' the persons answering, and the only real way I can see to get to 'know' a lot of members is through the exchange and banter that goes on here. Those that I can identify with through like interests are the responses that either conciously or subconciously get taken more serious over someone with say.......22 posts and an attitude........Smile.gif

------------------

Ed

Edwardre,

I am like you in what you stated in your post above. I never claim to be an authority on audio, but i definitely DO have quite a bit of woodworking experience, and I very much DID take great pride in my work as a builder at Klipsch during the time I was there (having not one single cabinet returned for a problem relating to my work out of well over 1/4 million Klipsch speaker cabinets built in that 7 years!).

Sometimes I go into great detail in answering questions on here so as to eliminate multiple postings in which details will be later asked dealing with my response...but I see it as necessary...others may not!

I also tend to be very blunt, possibly the old enlisted paratrooper days are at least partly responsible for that Smile.gif But, nevertheless, whenever my "bullshit" alert is sounded (whoop, whoop, whoop! Warning, HDBRbuilder, WARNING! BULLSHIT IN THE AREA!!), I will put in my two cents worth!! It may be that the words I respond with seem out of place or less than respectful, but that is better than glossing over the fact that bullshit has been recognized, IMHO! LOL!

Anybody can be told something that is in error and pass it along as fact...and sometimes people are purposefully lied to in order to cover-up the facts, but pass on that lie believing it to be fact. These mistakes on the part of good people are understandable, and whenever I respond to this kind of error, I may seem a bit crass...but that is me...take it or leave it! I definitely am not one to INTENTIONALLY hurt one's feelings...or to INTENTIONALLY make them feel less than adequate because they have been in error over something.

My mottos:

"I may be stupid, but I can lift heavy things!"...in other words, I may NOT be knowledgeable in a subject another is knowledgable in, but I still have something I am good at...and I enjoy learning from others.

"It takes a big man to whip me, but it don't take him long"...in other words, when I find out I am in error or out of my league, I tend to realize it and let those better able to handle a situation take over...thereby learning something myself. Smile.gif

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 05-15-2002 at 04:58 PM

This is in response to Edwardre.

I agree with you that you must qualify someone's answer. However, to me, the content and quality of the answer says a whole lot more about the respondant than just general babble. I do enjoy some of the stories posted on this site like HRDRBLDER's stories of cabinet making at Klipsch and the "audio related" topics. But I do not visit this site to read peoples opinions on, say..., the middle east situation. There are ample chat rooms available elsewhere on the interenet for this type of converation. Again, my post was not a personal attack on any one individual. I found this forum to be quite refereshing in that the content was very informative, had knowledgable members and related specifically to audio (and obviously Klipsch products) of which most members, including myself, here are very passionate about. I find that there is enough crap on the interent to drive someone crazy. To research something you have to weed through a bunch of garbage to get what you are looking for. It was a revelation to me to find sites like Audioreview.com and, of course, this forum, that dealt specifically with audio topics of interest to me and provide many sources of information and reference. To refer to my original post, I am just dissappointed that this forum appears to have gotten off topic, with an increasing amount of "chat line" type threads. Some of you obviously enjoy this. Just look at some of the posts on this thread. Kind of proves my point. I am not saying that this is wrong. I do not have hours upon hours to chat to people on the internet, further more, it does not appeal to me. I would rather spend my time with my family and children. But when I do need to research something, I use the internet, and this site to gather information. I will continue to use this site for reference, and to ask questions to some of the very knowledgable members of this forum that relate to my audio needs. And I appreciate there advice and opimions very much. Again, I do not mean to offend anyone. I am just dissappointed with recent content on this site.

And, by the way, I can spell - I just choose not to have to proof read everything I write here, nor have a dictionary by my side. And I do not have an attitude, I am just stating my opinion and making an observation. Some members agree with me, obviously others do not.

HII, If you want to bypass all the rant and get specific answers for all of your questions, you might want to do searches from the home BB page, located at the top, for topics that you have an interest in. There are many archived discussions which you might find helpful to your cause without waiting in anticipation for it's repost yet again. When you get to that specific page or thread, you then might want to do a "keyword search" to bypass all irrelevant words. I find this useful. I, of course, am using AOL, which allows me to do so via it's toolbar(BTW, also has a very nice dictionary/thesaurus/spellcheck as well). This way you can eliminate wild goose chases and get back to what is really impotent to you.cwm13.gif

HII, I certainly understand your point and I really don't take issue with it at all. It's your perception and you're certainly entitled to your opinion. As I stated a few posts up, I've learned a ton from the fellows (mostly, sad to say) that post here and for the great part, they all seem to be very fine people.

There's another piece underlying what's going on here. By the time you've posted 350-500-1000-5000 times, you've spent A LOT of hours here "talking" with a core group of people, and we just become friends. A lot of people on this board I've never met, but if I met them somewhere in an airport, it would be like seeing an old friend from high school. Great times. I would put any of the aforementioned guys in that category. So if it's late at night, the kids are asleep and the wife's reading, I'll jump on and say hello and see what the night's hubbub is.

It's a fun place to hang with friends.

Hi Chris - howa doin?

You put that Super Amp back where it belongs Smile.gif

------------------

Deanf>s>

Cary AE-25f>s>SuperAmpf>s> - Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - Sony DVP-S9000ES - Klipsch RF7's

SVS 20-39 CS Plus - Samson S1000 - HSU Research elec. crossover - MIT/Monsters

f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>c>s>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>

Hey Dean, doin' okay. Life is settling down a little after the last four months of doing laps down to SC to see dad Frown.gif I miss him.

I think you mentioned a while back about how the SA's are a little hot around kids ... well, for now, with a 2-1/2 year old running wild, the Eico's sittin' in and that's okay. The WAF is high right now -- but bare tubes will be back before long Smile.gif