Okay you guys are bad influences. This is a sickness I think.WWWWHHHHHYYYYYYY

jordan122345

I think I am leaning towards the RF83's.But still not too sure if they will match up with the RS7's that I bought or if I should get some RS52's or RS62's maybe.

If you are not sure they will match up with the RS-7's, then try it out.[*-)] That's the only way to know. I bet they will sound great together.[Y]

Bill

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RS-7's are a really nice surround. Me personally, I'd use the RS-7's on the sides and the RF-7's up front with your receiver set in the "phantom center" mode till you find an RC-7.

I totally agree with that and I'm sitting here rocking out to a couple of RF 7's and one RSW 15 in an open 36 x 27 living space and I can make it sound like a disco, amphitheater, really anything I want. The 83's are a great speaker, but I'm a 7 guy and have a set of RS 7's for my side surrounds and eventually will pick up another set for the rears because they are great for surround or all channel stereo, they are really a great speaker. Keep them all, because you will need a great set of sides or rears and either pair would fill that need very well.[:P]

Please don't get caught up in any of our opinions because in the end that's all they are and you have to go with what you really like and screw everyone else and I say that owning a ton of speakers including heritage, customs, RF's, and many others and they all sound great when set up in the right environment. Rock on and don't let others pick what you like. Look up the recent thread about "is there really a best" by Jhoak, I think and you can read about both sides of the spectrum........................the original post which really puts it out there and then some really stupid comments like there's some sort of quantifiable right set up and there's not, just what's right for you.

I think I am leaning towards the RF83's.But still not too sure if they will match up with the RS7's that I bought or if I should get some RS52's or RS62's maybe.

If you are not sure they will match up with the RS-7's, then try it out.Confused That's the only way to know. I bet they will sound great together.Yes

Bill

The RS7's are brand new and I didnt want to hook them up if I didnt have too if they wouldnt work.I bought them for the RF7's.And then I came across the RF83's.

I also own both the 83's and 7's. Appearance wise I give the win to the 83's but sound I definitely prefer the 7's. The 83's I had to do some EQing to get the sound I wanted. That being said, the RS-7's will work fine with either speaker for home theater. If you'll be listening to a lot of music on surround sound you may notice the difference in horns. Obviously we all have different tastes. You've already got the speakers there, you're ahead of the game. If you open them to try them out won't make much difference in resale. Grab some music and movies this weekend and just experiment. That's what it's all about! When your done you'll know whats best for you. Heck... look at most of us with rooms full of speakers. Not a sickness... a hobby I tell myself

• Moderators

You've already got the speakers there, you're ahead of the game. If you open them to try them out won't make much difference in resale. Grab some music and movies this weekend and just experiment. That's what it's all about!

Solid advice. Would love to hear what your ears hear and get your impressions. You might find that your ears actually prefer one speaker over the other. If you REALLY like the RF-7's over the RF-83's, if the dented dust caps bother you, you could always replace the drivers and sell the dented one's to recoup some of the money towards the new ones. Regardless, the only way you will know for yourself is to do some A/B comparison. Most importantly, have fun in the process.