What is the preferred way to hook up 2 subs with only 1 sub out on your receiver Opinions needed

jordan122345

Okay so I am trying to do an A/B comparison with my rf7's an rf83's, but I would like to have both of my RW-12D's hooked up to see what they sound like together.So I have done a bunch of research but have not found a for sure answer.Also I know that everyone hates monster but on amazon they have some of the THXi100-SW25 sub cables for $17 each are they worth getting.Thanks again guys

When doing the 2 Y adapters on the back of the subs.Does it make a huge difference if i just run the cable directly to the sub and bypass the other 2 y adapters.Or does it sound better with the 2 extra y adapters

The Y adapters into the subs aren't manditory but does add a few db's Some also do it just to keep dust out of the hole. Just a matter of personel preference but I use them and like the results.

Perfect that is what I wanted to know on the Y adapters.I will go ahead and do the Y adapters.Besides the cable you referred to in your last post on this are there any that are better than others without breaking the bank of course.Or how about bang for your buck or do they all do the same thing or no

Look at the price on the link I posted. I honestly don't know how they can sell these so cheap. You literally have to use a phillips screwdriver to open the packaging plus it comes with a y adapter and is 25' long which is great when experimenting with sub placement. You'll still need another y (1m to 2f) from your receiver but these will def. not "break the bank"

• Moderators

The Y adapters into the subs aren't manditory but does add a few db's Some also do it just to keep dust out of the hole. Just a matter of personel preference but I use them and like the results.

To add to Tasdom's list, some have stated their sub will not work with only one RCA connected to it.

Jordan, no need to purchase "high end" cables. I personally buy the "premium" cables from Monoprice over their standard cables just because they look nicer. I doubt I would hear ANY difference between them though. Those that Tasdom linked too are a SWEET price and they come with the Y. Awesome deal.

If you have a long digital coax rca cable or even a long RCA video cable lying around collecting dust, just use it and no more $$$ out of pocket.

Or here is another option with a T-adapter.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/MCMB400SW24/MONSTER-CABLE-Monsterbass-400-Subwoofer-Cable-w/T-Adpt-24ft/1.html

Bill