Okay so changed mind again now I am keeping the RF7's.Just sold the RF83's yesterday

jordan122345

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually those are the ones that I posted on craigslist myself.And no they will not go down lower than what I have them now

I didn't mean any disrespect and hope you get a good recovery on these. Good to know you're in Colorado and have a neighbor directly north of New Mexico!

Just curious about this. You listed in you add that the damage on the rf7 does not effect sound at all. Since this is the only pair you have ever listened to how would you know that? Maybe it does effect the sound? Lol I'm just giving you s**t ! Just funny cause people write that all the time but rarely do they have an undamaged set to compare them too.

LMAO

I agree more with FISH in the RF-7 vs RF-83 discussion, but clearly everyone has ther own opinion. That's why my advice to you is if you like the 83's better than keep the 83's. Don't risk selling the speakers you like best and later regret it. One should sell as easy as the other, and for close to the same price. What some hear in the 7's as harsh to me is detail. Bad recordings will be revealed, but good will really shine. I'd also say that no floor noise equipment with tone controls is essential.

I had my 83's and 7's hooked up at the same time right next to eachother for a while. Playing both at the same time was preety cool. I had the (IMO) better midrange and midbass of the 83's with the better highs and lows of the 7's. It created this awesome wall of sound. I felt that each speaker picked up what the other lacked. I would have left it that way, but it would have meant the B&W's would have had to go into another room.

So this could be a stupid question.So the guy I got the RF7's from gave me the biwired monster wire that he had hooked up to them.So would it make any difference in sound for the RF83's if I also hooked them up biwired as well as the RF7's.I am just curious if this is why they sound a bit better than the RF7's.

Bro, this is one of those things you need to find out for yourself. It'll only take a few minutes. Technically you shouldn't, but some people claim a world of difference just by changing speaker wire. If you really want to be sure you're doing a fair comparison I'd try switching positions (if you haven't already) when you A/B them if one pair was on the outside and the other on the in, switch them. Positioning can make quite a difference.

I personally would not waste time in biwire or passive biamp, but if it's nagging you much, go for it and see if you can perceive any difference!

Plenty of material to read about it online, if that's your thing, like http://forum.blu-ray.com/speakers/56058-bi-amping-bi-wiring-research-material.html

I have recently moved into much bigger place and am also torn between those speakers at the moment, i like RF-83 bass better but RF-7 have better highs imo. I think i will go La Scalas + Sub hehe;

So in my retarded head that is what I have in mind.So I listed both sets of speakers on craigslist.So if the RF83's sell first then perfect I will keep the RF7's and send the crossovers to Dean.And if the RF7's sell first then I already love the sound of the RF83's.So kinda win win for me I guess.And the only reason I used the biwire is that was the only decent cable I had.And on the RF7's I had to use the biwire and again the seller gave me the wire with the RF7's too.Now if I can just get one of the pairs to sell I can start working for sure on the center.