Look what I got for Christmas!! Show off your gifts here!!

themrclean

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations!

Please share a picture after you get your impressive system set up. It appears by the photo, you got two Heresy III's and two La Scala II's. Not sure what the other boxes contain, assume your components?

I have been unsuccessful in convincing my wife to agree to La Scala's. On the brightside we did just order Heresy III's, to replace our first gift to ourselves after our marriage in '83. Which we sadly gave away when I purchased the Forte II's in 1990. Back then never thought I would need or use more than one set of Klipschs. One for my short list of bad choices.

Thanfully, Klipsch agreeded to make our new Heresy's in Oak as the originals were. They no longer Oil speakers, rather apply by spray lacquer, which I declined. Instead I will oil them myself, hoping they will somewhat match our Forte II, that are OO. Klipsch will sand them before shipping, so I avoid prepping the speakers, I just will be using Watco rejuvanating oil on them several coats. Hopefully in ten weeks we will be enjoying!

Hope you enjoy every moment you can enjoying your gorgous system. Wishing you a very Happy & Healthy New Years! All the best, Jeff

• Moderators

Congrats Algon! Awesome setup you have there.

Just two suggestions... from the looks of it, your center is aimed at your feet. Try aiming it up towards your ears. And for better pics, try setting your camera on something stable like a chair or barstool and set the timer. The blur is from your hand moving. Enjoy your new toys. :)

I know my setup is far from ideal, small room right now,

My speakers are too close together, etc.

I am working on a larger house.

I have all Onyko hard parts,

TX-NR708 AVR

BD-SP309 Blue Ray

DX-C390 6Pack CD

Plus my RC 52 Center, RS-42 Rears and RW10D Sub.

Despite the less than ideal roon, I love these speakers [just sold my RF-82's]

and will upgrade the other Klipsch's and probably an Emotiva 3 channel when I get the right room.

The house I am looking at has a prewired media room.

post-53463-13819684974886_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Now that's a sweet pic Allgon. [:D]

I know my setup is far from ideal, small room right now,

It's all good. We all have room limitations we have to work within, even when you have a dedicated HT. You are definitely off to a great start with that system.

nice looking setup! I have only one suggestion, which I admit, you did not ask for: swap the location between your center channel and AVR gear up top. You want that speaker as close to the screen as possible, in line with your L/R tweeters as much as possible, and certainly not blocked by the side of the couch. I think you'll notice a good increase of clarity after just a bit of reorganization.

my new RSW-15 in cherry- thanks Bill does it go good with my 79 cornwalls. whatda ya think Fini

Wow Russ, you were not kidding about that woodgrain, that's cool.I'm glad you put up the pic, enjoy the rsw15 and thanks again.

Not much I can do about the sofa in the short term though.

anyone who doesn't have a basement and an open budget is pretty much going to have to make sacrifices in gear choices, layout, etc. I think moving that center speaker up will mitigate any major ill effects the sofa has on sound. Very nice looking RF-7's, btw.

Here is the future home for my rf7ii, should be ready in March.

There is already a finished and wired media room, but it is exactly that, media room and not much else to use it for.

The rec room below will be the man land........... bar, pool table , big screen and likely a good 2 channel set up with the rf7ii.

I'll put the rest of the stuff in the media room and get some 52 or 62's for mains.

There is a greatroom upstairs that will need an inexpensive 5.1 system as well.

The room is 20x37. Should be able to blast out some db in there

post-53463-13819685021562_thumb.jpg