Revel B15 Subwoofer---*NEW PHOTOS With Cherry Veneer*

willland

I am very intrigued by this subwoofer and was wondering if any of our members have any experience with this sub. I may can work a deal with a retailer who has one for sale. I would trade my Paradigm Servo 15a($1500.00 new) plus some cash for his Revel B15($3000.00 new). Some online reviews have compared the two subs and the suggestion is to buy the B15 if you can afford it, or buy the Servo 15a if you can't. I like the Servo 15a very much but would like to have the built-in EQ system that the Revel has.

Any experienced suggestions about the Revel would be appreciated.

Bill

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know anything about the 15 but the b12 was rated lower than the Klipsch ksw 12, odd? .It appears easily superior to the Paradigm so for a few bucks I'd swap.That sub is 10 years old? so room correction may not be cutting edge but if the deal is sweet I'd move on it.

Fish,

Thanks for the response. The Revel really has to bring the goods before I would commit to trade my Servo 15a. I want to bring my Paradigm up to the sellers store and do an A-B comparison. Better yet, maybe the seller will let me do an in-home demo with the Revel. I hope to get the chance next Saturday.

Bill

• Moderators

Bill, I love the look of the Revel. Very unique front. The amp plate has lots of flexibility with XLR, multiple input/outputs etc. If you can have little out of pocket or even trade your sub and another piece of audio gear that you have, I'd say do it as well. Reviews look great on it.

The Revel is a serious unit....if I ever was to get a sub for my Mac system (Belle Klipsch) that would be a very easy way to do that system justice. Not just a great sub in the usual desired respects but known to be extremely musical.

You are very correct in all aspects.[8][8][8] I was able to seal a deal I could not refuse and am absolutely astonished at the build quality and sound of this sub. Great sounding all across the board with just plug n' play and I have not even begun to use the 3 band EQ feature. Right now I have all three dials set to flat with a 50Hz low pass setting and it integrates almost perfectly with my RSW-10d and RF-63's. It is hard to believe that it can sound better when I can put some time and effort into proper EQing.

Photos will come after I clean some goo off the top.

Do you know where I can download the Revel LFO(Low Frequency Optimizer) software? I can't find it on Revel's website.

Bill

Do you know where I can download the Revel LFO(Low Frequency Optimizer) software? I can't find it on Revel's website.

Bill

From AV Revolution website:

The Revel LFO software can be downloaded for PCs (or Macs using PC emulation software) from Madrigal.com and works in conjunction with a CD of 1/12 octave test tones provided by Revel in your B15’s packaging. You will also need a SPL (Sound Pressure Meter) from either Radio Shack (about $40) or a more accurate device, which will cost more.

From AV Revolution website:

The Revel LFO software can be downloaded for PCs (or Macs using PC emulation software) from Madrigal.com and works in conjunction with a CD of 1/12 octave test tones provided by Revel in your B15’s packaging. You will also need a SPL (Sound Pressure Meter) from either Radio Shack (about $40) or a more accurate device, which will cost more.

Thanks for the info. I found that before but can't find it on the madrigal.com website. Not in the download section. I emailed them yesterday and still waiting on a response.

Thanks for the effort,

Bill

Got the Revel LFO Software on Monday and ran it and tweeked and EQ'd my system on Wednesday.

I emailed Revel(Harman) Customer Support on Sunday and a Jason from support emailed me the software within 24 hours. Now that is great customer service and I even bought the Revel B15 sub used.

I will have to say, my system does blend better and both subs pretty much disappear in the room. It sounds like I have RF-63's that reach down below 20Hz with ease. I never new a 15 inch sub could be so tight and punchy with music. The Revel blends perfectly with my RSW-10d, a completely seamless handoff.

Now to test drive a few deep bass Blurays like U-571, Saving Private Ryan, and Flight of the Phoenix on my newly improved setup.

Bill

Photos will come after I clean some goo off the top.

Well the goo is off and just shined her with some Murphy's oil soap. This sticky goo(insulated drapes backing) came off after many hours of me applying rubbing alcohol and lots of pressure but it did leave impressions in the clearcoat where the goo was. Turned out pretty good but will look even better after it gets a new skin of cherry veneer to match my RF-63/RC-64 speakers. Here are a few photos.

Bill

post-26822-1381968630994_thumb.jpg

Very nice sub, Bill.

Thanks, I am totaly blown away by this sub and can't believe it all worked out in the end.

I wonder how will it fare against the quad Epik Empires.

I am sure (4) Epiks will get louder but I am not sure they will sound better(I never heard Epiks).[:D]

Anyway, I heard that my friend is buying both Paradigm Servo 15a from you; is that still the case?

It sure looks that way. I guess Joseph is back in Korea again so we will have work it all out when he gets back. Maybe he is willing to take a drive down my direction or we could meet half way.

Bill