Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Hello SSH... Thanks so much for your compliments..

I agree on the herbs IN HOUSE... I have been lucky a couple times with Rosemary, and having those plants that lasted just over 2 years ! However, as you have seen, we normally frequent Whole Foods and go for the closest thing to 'home grown' and most always organic that we can buy. [;)] Maybe I'm a little lazy ? [:D]

Congrats on your herbs [Y] Please post some dinner photos using them so that we may enjoy also ? Love to see!

Until next time...

........Gary

Haven't posted to this thread in awhile, but I thought I would stop by so folks see that I still live and still eat. You'll have to excuse the paper plates, though they are of the high class variety. The quality of the scallops really make up for it. A good friend showed up one day with a gallon ziplock stuffed to the gills with the biggest fresh off the boat scallops I had ever seen and told me to take half! There was one scallop in there the size of my fist! We had a great meal that night and also sent some over to a few friends. What could not be eaten had to be frozen (vacuum sealed of course)and I was worried about how they would come out. Fast forward about 3 weeks to last night. We thawed a package of them they them a quick rinse and dried them well. I was very impressed with the quality of these, they lost very little in being frozen, and cooked up great (did not absorb any water as frozen seafood sometimes does). Cast iron pan, VERY HOT. Add some olive oil and get the scallops in before it starts to burn. About 1 1/2 minutes and flip toward the center of the pan (gotta have alot of room in the pan, over-crowding is death) where it's still good and hot about another minute and they are medium rare and Delicious. Serve on the paper plate of your choosing. Had a side of broccoli that didn't make the pics.

post-28352-13819828574962_thumb.jpg

First off, thank you Brac for your scallop offering! The SURE DO look tasty! I am a fanatic over the use of XVOO and too much heat in teh pan, it is very sensitive to high temps for which I will go to canola instead. However, it seems you had that under control and I think you came away with great results, save the paper plates [;)]

Germerikan, the tofu based sour cream is of a convincing, rich flavour, and I HIGHLY recommend it.

I have a half bowl left over in the fridge. I decided to try some of it between two halves of freshly toasted English Muffins...... Turns out it was EXCELLENT, and so, Chris and I will have them again for breakfast in the morning [:D]

Give it a try should you find it at your favorite store..

........Gary

Hello fellow food lovers............. Tonight, a SIMPLE serving of fine cheeses and olives from Whole Foods, and a left over VINO from our favorite Thursday night Pizza house...

These photos are from a brand new iPad 4 and they are pretty good for this application.

Here then is the first shot.

Boxx, I thought of YOU with the paper wrap design.......you know what I mean [;)] (Whole Foods did it, not me [:)] )

post-23544-13819828658864_thumb.jpg

Here, another fine cheese added.... ready to be cut up and served for the nosh portion of tonight's offering.... Along with the garlic-hot pepper mix, and beans with herbs and olive oil... The wino is presented and poured... [:)]

post-23544-13819828660094_thumb.jpg

As final shot, here is a closup of my dish..........these are TRI colored tortaloni (from Whole Foods) mixed with my pasta dish leftovers from Joe's Pizza and a little XVOO added along with FRESH organic Italian broad leaf parsley ...

A short tour of tonight's dinner, hope you enjoyed....

......Gary

post-23544-13819828662094_thumb.jpg

Here, another fine cheese added.... ready to be cut up and served for the nosh portion of tonight's offering.... Along with the garlic-hot pepper mix, and beans with herbs and olive oil... The wino is presented and poured... Smile

Gary, What is the cheese that you are enjoying tonight...

Boxx, the cheese selection (and there is more of it [Y] ) in the first picture is a RAW sheeps milk 'Mitica Pecorino Ginepro with juniper berries and balsamic vinegar, had a nice moldy grey/white vein running through it ...

The second photo is the added sheeps milk Petite Basque (sorry, through the wrapper away, just going buy the photo)...

There you have it [:)]

........Gary

Hey there 'Sunburn' I look forward to seeing those photos... I keep mine around the 800x600 size and they seem to be ok...

........Gary

Thanks Gary , 800x600 is what I resized my pics to but they still came up cropped . Maybe my Photobucket account was a little screwy last night .

Peppers steamed , peeled and seeded crammed into the food processor .

Posted Image

Peppers processed with enough removed to fit the Tomatillos and garlic . At this time I would normally add Cilantro but this time I'll add it at close to the finish for a fresher taste .

Posted Image

Finished product

Posted Image

Brought the chili verde and pork up to just boiling then covered my enameled dutch oven and placed in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes .

Posted Image

Plated with some rice that I cooked in smoked pork stock with a touch of saffron . Being that this dish brings some heat the vino selection was an inexpensive Fisheye Pinot Grigio .

Posted Image