So I met another forum member today, and brought home new toys!!

Rick

Thanks for all the kind words fellas!! So far I'm really enjoying them, in fact I'm already in love...

They sound just as I had expected, similar to my Heresy IIIs but with a much greater sence of scale, and bass!!

They sound as though the crossovers are in perfect operating condition, but if I know me I'll soon do the full Crites upgrades... Geeked

Hey Rick, If these speakers were female they could wind up as the next girl(s) of the month... LOL...

Thanks for all the kind words fellas!! So far I'm really enjoying them, in fact I'm already in love...

They sound just as I had expected, similar to my Heresy IIIs but with a much greater sence of scale, and bass!!

They sound as though the crossovers are in perfect operating condition, but if I know me I'll soon do the full Crites upgrades... Geeked

Hey Rick, If these speakers were female they could wind up as the next girl(s) of the month... LOL...

Boxx,

I like the way you think, and you know me all so well... [H]

Evening Gents...........sorry, just had to stop by and thank Budman for the lovely comment on the 'ol K'Horns...

Rick, I figured that the increased bass would be one of the highlights for you.. [;)]

We'll look forward to hearing more about them..

......Gary

Congrats on the nice buy, I recently sold my Fortes I had them posted on cl for about a week when forum member wallflower purchased them from me. Funny the more folks I personally get to know the more I find out they are more like me, Which I guess that could be scary[6].

Congratulations on your Chorus II acquisition, they are great speakers & I hope you enjoy them as much as I do mine. As to meeting forum members, I have found it to have a profound impact on my financial standing as both of them performed "Cashectomies" on my wallet. Although to be honest I did leave with some nice parting gifts. [;)]

my 2nd best story is when colter showed up and showed me his speeding ticketBig Smile

I remember that one, and Doc showing up from Aurora IL to pick up the Chorus II I ferried home from Orlando FL along with some 1963 CW's I snagged in Miami (my first ever Klipsch road trip was good one). Doc ended up staying over 5 hours on what was gonna be a 'quick drop in'. I've met some fascinating people, heard some extraordinary systems, and had some marvelous adventures along with the Klipsch collecting. Every Pair tells a story around here.

Rick, glad you had a good adventure and those Chorii are beauties!

Michael

my 2nd best story is when colter showed up and showed me his speeding ticketBig Smile

I remember that one, and Doc showing up from Aurora IL to pick up the Chorus II I ferried home from Orlando FL along with some 1963 CW's I snagged in Miami (my first ever Klipsch road trip was good one). Doc ended up staying over 5 hours on what was gonna be a 'quick drop in'. I've met some fascinating people, heard some extraordinary systems, and had some marvelous adventures along with the Klipsch collecting. Every Pair tells a story around here.

Rick, glad you had a good adventure and those Chorii are beauties!

Michael

As to meeting forum members, I have found it to have a profound impact on my financial standing as both of them performed "Cashectomies" on my wallet. Although to be honest I did leave with some nice parting gifts. Wink

LOL, I love that line!! [:D]

I can see why owners of the Chorus II love them so much, it is hard to believe that it could get much better than this... [8-|]

I really enjoy meeting forum members. I've yet to meet one that I wouldn't consider it an honor to hang out with (can't say they'd think the same of me though!!!!!)

I've had the same experience. Nice looking speakers Rick.

I've had the same experience too Arky. I first met JamesV and Groomlakearea51 when I met James and his girlfirend in Lafayette Indiana the weekend before spring break to pick up some oak Heresies that Groomlakarea51 had purchased from another Forum member I think in or near Chicago. The next weekend we left for Venice Florida for spring break and delivered said speakers to Marshall's (GMLA51) estate in Okeechobee Florida. About 2 hours each way from the father out laws place in Venice Florida. With team SWMBO (wife, daughter 1, daughter 2, our Spanish "daughter") we delivered sometime early in the spring break week.

Besides getting to meat James and Marshall it worked out better than expected. No idea how I convinced SWMBO to agree to this. Or why.

• Got to experience not only the "Wall of Voodoo" but also the "Wall of Boudoir" and well really "Wall of Klipsch HT"
  • Saw Marshall's $500 project Klispchorns which Marshall I think had just started workin on
  • Saw a few pairs of stunning Cornwalls Marshal and reveeered and may have rescued from the landfill
  • Mashall offered up a pair of Heresy motorboards but I decided to hold off
  • I also found that although alligator does taste a lot like chicken, if fresh and care taken in preparation it can be tender and juicy like chicken and not as tough as shoe leather which is how it's often served as an appatizer in restaurants
  • We left with a Water Bob - basically a big bag to put in one's tub to fill with water, a couple of Okeechobee search and rescue caps, a belly dancing LP and book, and a couple of cases of SWMBO 2's favorite Zephyr Hills spring water

Thankfully, after team SWMBO, bored quickly by the mountains of Klipsch, got bored of Marshall's dog Wolf (mostly wolf) and miniature donkey (both girls think they want one) Don K Hote, Mashall's daughter arrived home, looked at Marshall and myself, with a goofy big grin on my face I'm sure and probably drooling, rolled her eyes and saddled up the horses which did entertain team SWMBO for at least an hour or so. I think the girls had brought their swimsuits as Marshall suggested but being Hoosiers (well Elyse is a native Texan) were a bit leery of the 3 or 4 spiders residing in the pool. At home in Kokotucky the spiders hide under the rail caps of our above ground vinyl and steel pond. Even better with the horseback riding was Spanish "daughter" had a blast riding the horses, especially the Spanish dancing horse that seemed to respond very well to her Spanish

I think the Christmas after the following Christmas I returned to Okeechobee, solo, as team SWMBO for some reason didn't have the desire I had to experience Marshall's House o' Walls of Klipsch for a second time. Intent on buying a pair of minty Oak Chorus II. I had measured the Grand Caravan a bit before our trip south, and well, a single Chorus II would easily fit in the cargo well behind the back seat the 2nd one would've taken up some serious real estate and volume in the passenger area. Maybe with only 3 of use but with all 4 including Christmas gifts, cold weather clothes for return to Indiana. Just no good place to put the 2nd. Marshall was probably losing money on those but to preserve my marriage, or at least ensure my safe return home, the speakers might have made it but I might not have, he had a pretty much brand new pair of Heresy I Extremes he sold to me for less than the Chorus. Couldn't have made any money on them as cabinets pretty much new I think, except maybe motor boards, maybe the ones he had offered on my previous trip? Crites CT125 tweeters and A4500 crossovers. I think stock Heresy mid horns. Selenium drivers, and I think Marshall said K-28-E woofers that are used in the Heresy 3s. Marshall says they sound more like Heresy 3 than Heresy 1. In any case they sound very good. So no Chorus II but essentially new Heresies. With a really pretty walnut gunstuck veneer. Comparing with Grandpa's model 1898 Winchester it is a very good match. And very pretty.

So I'd still like some bigger Klipsch, Chours 2, Cornwalls, LaScalas, Klpschors, etc and I keep looking for 'em on the cheap. Probably missed a few pair as one of my uncles used to work for an auctioneer in Northern Indiana. I think he still does if he feels up to it, but only on day of acution to help with security.

Rick - some think the Chorus 2 sound better than Cornwalls. I'd like to be able to compare for myself someday.

I like Marshall's description of the difference between Heresies, Fortes, and Chorus at lest. Probably can include Quartets

Heresies - One of the most versatile Klipsch speakers and great bang for the buck. No real bass but improves when resealing old cabinets

Fortes - Heresies on steroids

Quartets - Baby Heresies on steroids (my addition)

Chorus - Grain fed beefed up Fortes

Yep. Like Michael I've met some interesting and nice people on my lmited Klipsch road trips and have heard some amazing systems. Extending to people I've met thorugh the Klipsch Forum and at the 2 (yep, only 2...) Pilgrimages I've attended heard even more really amazing systems and met even more very interesting and nice people including Michael and Rick though I've yet to meet Rick in person. Many that I consider friends.

Many I've yet to meet in person that I'm sure I will meet a few more in the years to come.