Suggest an AVR for me.

JasonJCarney

Boy that is a loaded question.

Anything in that price range will do, so it is really coming down to the features.

Always loved the warmth of Harman Kardon, HK 1600, 2600 should be below or at the price range. Features wise they have what's needed no more no less.

Pionner elite series is probably one of the easiest to set up, sounds good, great features. Nothing to brag about but good.

Never really cared for the Yamaha and Denon GUI. While they do sound ok they are overly complicated to set up

Keep in mind that we are talking about middle of road receivers here. I would have a different opinion if we were discussing the one to three thousand dollars range.

I truly love Marantz you can pick up a Sr 5005 or 6005 on vanns for less than $600.

Just a thought

Thx for the replies everyone. I sm looking for an AVR with preouts however do the NAD you linked bill won't work nor will either marantz that was suggested.

Huh? The NAD and both Marantz's have preouts unless I am misunderstanding and you just don't prefer Marantz or NAD. I have to admit, the NAD T-748 is over your price range.

Bill1200

No. I have recently owned a yammy and 6 onkyo's. I wanted to try the UMC-1 but it has so many issues I just couldn't do it. That NAD looks interesting. Plus I can check it out in person first. Someone had a Harmon for sale on this board but I didn't buy it cause I just don't know enough about their sound.

I could not find anything as far as preouts go on that NAD. Thx for the pic. That's good news. For now I only plan on using 3 speakers but I wanna keep my options open. I'll check the marantz but I was under the impression they did not have preouts.

To my knowledge every marantz has preouts, Ive had 3 of them and they all had preouts, the 5005/5006 6005/6006 should be within your range with refurbs?

Umc is one heck of a contender even with minor quirks, you could probably talk them into letting you have 30 days inhome even with them clearencing them out

Guest Teresa Wright

Budman, mine is the PD-M430. Pretty sure lower level. I purchased the whole system in '90 or '91 I think. Anyway, it was a rack system with the all-in-one tuner, receiver, double cassette. Then had the separate turntable-I never even took it out of the box-, surround sound receiver, and the cd player. I think it was about the first surround system Pioneer came up with. Anyway, I paid $1200 back then-jeez, I gave it to my brother, it still works perfectly(sister-in-law says it shakes the windows). Only problem, when my brother took out the tt the needle was broken-which is weird, cuz, I only took it out of the box to look at it before I gave it to him. Do any of you know what needle might work?? I don't know the model number, but thought it would be cool to surprise him with a needle. He is the one who got me hooked on music as a young girl-he is 12yrs older then me-ok, I'll stop rambling [8

Well as intrigued as I am with the HK (because all the good things you guys are saying about them) I decided to go with the pioneer 1121. 2 big reasons. I like the AirPlay (for the wife) and I know how the 1021 sounds from my friends HT. I almost went with a marantz 6004 cause I'm super curious about marantz as well. But it was gonna be $100 more and I would lose AirPlay.

Jason, I think you will be very happy with your choice for the bedroom. I've been running my 1021 for about 6 months now and it is very impressive at it's pricepoint. I just upgraded my front stage and am still using it until I make the jump to separates. I gotta tell you that it's doing a pretty impressive job with the new speakers.

Airplay is awesome as well as the Pioneer app for an iPad or iPhone if you have either. Makes a great remote and allows system set ups and tweeks on the fly.

Good luck with your purchase.....imo, I think you will really like the Pioneer.

That's great to hear. I do have an iPhone but wasn't aware of the app you spoke of. What's it called? Yeah I can't wait to get it up and running. Right now we watch mostly tv and all the wife's movies in the bedroom. My action and horror movies are saved for the HT. All we need now is a sub and the bedroom setup will be good to go.