I may be getting too old... nah, drove it no sweat; see the goodies

USNRET

Can't lose with the Mc gear, but does it really best the VRD's?

I may chose the Mc (like I did) due to the lack of maint required, warm up time...etc etc...but I have to assume the VRD's would blow it away.

I look forward to a good battle writeup.

You got one hellofa decision to make.

I choose the VRDs/Peach. In my small room I have a much better sound stage with the tubes. I have to move back too far to get the center imaging. The tubes give me a sound stage that is horizontal and vertical. The instruments are not only left and right and center (pin point center) but in all places in-between.

Due to my prior agreement with the bride both systems are up for sale in the garage sale section as I can only keep one (he says with fingers crossed that no one buys them).

Dibs on left overs.

Where I grew up those where known as "sloppy seconds".

Due to my prior agreement with the bride both systems are up for sale in the garage sale section as I can only keep one (he says with fingers crossed that no one buys them).

Thankfully (for both of us I guess) I have no $$ to spend on audio hardware these days.

Good luck (or bad luck) whichever you prefer on your sale.

• Moderators

Easy enough, first 30K takes it. [H]