LoneLobo Motorcycle Wreck

Mallette

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave - so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't think of anyhting more gut wrenching than losing one's child or spouse.

Bruce had lost his wife before I joined the Forum. His posting about the white rose is a beautiful story that will bring tears to your eyes if you've not read it.

Christie was the first to welcome me to the Forum and my first Pilgrimage I talked to Bruce and his son a bit but don't think I even introduced myself to hardly anyone including Christie. Up very late the night before which usually puts me in brain dump mode but sometimes not anti-social but not at all outgoing.

But I do consider many of you friends / Klipsch Forum family. There is a strange family like bond here though other than a few virtual fights we seem to like each other and get along better than many families,

I've had a lot of support from here also more recently with Alea's medical issues and y'all put up with my brain dump posts...... Coytee thought he could write a long post.... [:$]

Keep us posted Dave. Ron's Sweet Thrift Store Finds thread seems to be one of my favorites. The new to me music I've found for a song.

Morning report from the PAW:Still the "sickest guy in the ICU," but trends upward. Heart is sinus rhythm, but pacemaker remains "just in case." Respirator dialed down from 24/min last night to 18/min and he's taken a few breaths on his own. No plans to extubate at this time. Still recognizing people and responding.

Dave assumptions based on Kecia's report...pure speculation: No plans to extubate soon, probably in order to allow the left lung contusion to resolve. Kecia says the doc says he not have a classic "cardiac infarction" as with heart disease but the heart stopped due to lack of oxygen from the lung collapse. That in itself is encouraging in that as long as they keep those "o" pumping that big ol heart is likely to do its job.

Dave, thank you for keeping us updated. Ron remains in my prayers in the morning hours and during the day.There is too much evidence, both scientific and non-scientific, that prayer has a positive impact on healing to not continue.

P.M.

Dave, thank you for keeping us updated. Ron remains in my prayers in the morning hours and during the day.There is too much evidence, both scientific and non-scientific, that prayer has a positive impact on healing to not continue.

P.M.

Amen. Ron remains in my prayers.

Dave,

Please pass along my wishes and hopes to Ron and his family for a COMPLETE recovery. This will be a long and expensive road to travel. He is fighting a very tough battle and will need all of our support.

Something like this can be devastating financially; are their any plans to set up something, where we can donate to Ron's cause. Not knowing him personaly, this is probably the only way that I can offer true support and help. Maybe Amy could set up a donation thread for Ron, as she has done in the past.

W. C.

Well, don't quit praying yet, but I am going to cut down on these updates to real changes a bit. Assume no news is good news.

What has happened so far exceeds any hopes I had 24 hours ago. They have in a chair, of sorts, not so much for comfort but to keep him deep breathing.

But nonetheless a chair...

Word has it he won't shut up and is trying to get them to chop his leg off and put a peg or whatever on there so he can get on with it...

Surgical team is expected shortly to begin considering best approach to the knee. The knee wasn't much of an issue even 12 hours ago!

Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers, and support. Ron is a VERY special person and very special in my life.

Dave

OK, I know what I said, but I cannot resist posting this one from another Phogg Phoundation member on the scene:

"Latest update: Ron doing well. Asking for food (no luck there yet) and water (I gave him some myself) and complaining about being stuck in bed. The nurse came over as we were there and said they were getting ready to get him sitting up in a special chair. That is a big deal and very good news, as his lungs will do better with him sitting up. He was was happy to hear that. He is alert and his memory appears to be good, he remembered the Phogg poster in the other hospital room and remembered his conversation with Kecia about the Kindle. His mental state appears to be good. He is definitely Ron. We are all so grateful."

We will be relay teaming and I am up for next weekend. I am SO looking forward to it!

Dave

Dave,

Is Ron allowed to have any music in his room?

-QH

Absolutely. And if it sin't their yet it will be next weekend when I visit.

Informed rumor has it he may be moved to a regular room TOMORROW. If you don't believe in miracles you are just a hard case. As I said, I am going to keep reports down to headlines, but since the Sheriff hasn't shut this down I am going to offer one more prayer from 1789 I don't think would be improved by modern language:

GREAT and mighty God, who bringest down to the grave and bringest up again; We bless thy wonderful goodness, for having turned our heaviness into joy and our mourning into gladness, by restoring this our brother to some degree of his former health. Blessed be thy Name that thou didst not forsake him in his sickness; but didst visit him with comforts from above; didst support him in patience and submission to thy will; and, at last, didst send him seasonable relief. Perfect, we beseech thee, this thy mercy towards him; and prosper the means, which shall be made use of for his cure: That being restored to health of body, vigour of mind, and cheerfulness of spirit, he may be able to go to thine house, to offer thee an oblation with great gladness; and to bless thy holy Name for all thy goodness towards him; through Jesus Christ our Saviour, to whom, with thee and the Holy Spirit, be all honour and glory; world without end. Amen.

Dave

As we continue on a very positive trend I am pleased to report that not only is Ron not the "sickest guy in the ICU" he is no longer in the ICU at all but moved to an "elevated care" but much less intensive 10th floor room and the orthopedic mechanics are evaluated repair options on his left knee.

Thanks for all the prayer...his progress is, IMHO, truly miraculous. I'll report in this thread from time to time as we reach further milestones but it is my belief we are on the road to recovery.

Dave

And the miracle, aided by the best docs on the planet, continues. They are pretty sure they can fix that knee that was declared "mush" by the orthopedic surgeon at Denton Regional. That will be tomorrow unless there is a major accident or something to tie up the ORs. Then, 4 to 5 days to discharge to rehab. He could be putting weight on it in 3 months!

Most important to him, they said he would be able to ride that beloved bike again...the one his devotion to daily riding probably accounts for him being alive.

While I've always said riding a bicycle in an urban environment has few health benefits...there ARE exceptions to every rule!

Dave

Most important to him, they said he would be able to ride that beloved bike again

Umm..maybe we should encourage him to put more time and resources into stereo and vinyl...and a bit less on road motorcycling.

It's kind of like considering the Ten Commandments as a prescription for living a bit longer...in better health. Maybe the 11th commandment is: "drive a middle-aged motorcycle (...a 4-wheel drive Jeep...)".

Just my $0.02. [;)]