Lascala II audition w/pics

I got a call today about a pair of Lascala II that I will get the chance to audition and purchase next Wednesday. The owner has been very nice both times we've spoke and right now it feels like the week before Christmas for me. Based off of outstanding reviews they have received I can't believe there's a chance I will passing on these. Pics hopefully to follow.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/klipsch-la-scala-ll-b-stock

This is the listing for the these speakers. They owner said that they are about 6 yrs old, have all factory packaging and one of the tops has a light mark on it from using a piece of rubber under something he wanted to place on the speaker.

$2000 seems very reasonable to me.

Well I got them unboxed and set up but it is too late to turn them up. I am however watching the Dave Mattherws Live at Radio City Music Hall Bluray. I am using a PS3 through a Panasonic SA XR-700. It sounds very nice with great imaging in my less than ideal room setup. Lascalas are 8' apart and I am sitting 10' from the tv. The surprising part is that I am literally listening to these at the LOWEST SETTING on the amp! Which is -79db! Of course turning it up to -70 reveals more detail in the music but I really don't want to bother anyone at this hour and I will have plenty of opportunity to listen at louder levels in the future. As a reference my normal listening level for my Heresy II's was -60db.

The surprising part is that I am literally listening to these at the LOWEST SETTING on the amp! Which is -79db!

Sounds 'bout right. That's pretty much where mine gets parked too for late night viewing. [Y] Impressive how the program dialog is still completely discernible even at those whisper levels huh? Floating down around the micro / nano watt region. Cable music channels are still too loud, even at that minimum setting for falling asleep to at night IMHO...[:^)]

FYI - Movie reference level ( ie -0 dB ref) with that setup should be right at, or around VOL -32 dB. The GF and I usually end up some-where's between -48 and -43 dB depending on much chaos we're in the mood for. Still an utter cake walk for both the amp and speakers.