My Wife's Review of the 20-39 CS Plus

Deang

Week 1 - "What's with the black water heater?"

Week 2 - "It doesn't give me a headache."

Week 3 - "It doesn't look so bad."

Week 4 - "You really like that thing don't you?"

Week 5 - I take off early from work to go home and watch FROM HELL. Debbie gets home around 5:30 and comes upstairs, stands next to my chair, looks over my shoulder, and asks:

"Isn't that distracting"

"What?" I ask

"The whole house shaking."cwm35.gif

------------------

Deanf>s>

Cary AE-25f>s>SuperAmpf>s> - Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - Sony DVP-S9000ES - Klipsch RF7's

SVS 20-39 CS Plus - Samson S1000 - HSU Research elec. crossover - MIT/Monsters

f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>c>s>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>

LOL! cwm35.gif

Beautiful review! Wink.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Sony KV-ES38M91 (38" Direct View FD Triniton WEGA)

A/V Receiver: Marantz SR9200

DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS900V

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

NICE! My JBL is now a family member and loved by all who live around it and visit its powerful presence.

It does look like a water heater...

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Haha, now THAT's a good review. I love it when they are skeptical at first then come around to loving the thing, muahaha cwm4.gif

------------------

JVC 36" tv

Technics DA-10 Reciever

Klipsch KSW-10 sub

Shiva/AVA250 DIY sub

Klipsch RC-3 II Center

Klipsch RB-3 Surounds

Nuance Fronts

Hitachi DV-P415U dvd player

Nice review, Dean. Smile.gif I was wondering if you could tell me what the difference between the 20-39CSi (which I have) and the 20-39CS+ (which you own)? I just upgraded the driver in mine to the new one (I had one of the originals with the old driver in it) but was curious what the main difference is. I have the Samson S700 and see you have the S1000. I know that's an extra 150w/per channel in your amp. Anyway, just curious...

Mike

I don't know about a CSi model. If you have the standard version, it should be just 'CS'

The CS+ is basically a CS with some of the things you find in the Ultra. Basically, driver that sits above the CS upgrade driver, and the tri-flow ports.

You get 80% of the Ultra's performance with only 30% increase in cost over the CS. The output of one CS+ is equal to the output of 2 CS subwoofers - basically due to its higher power handling capability.

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/subs_csplus.htm

------------------

Deanf>s>

Cary AE-25f>s>SuperAmpf>s> - Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - Sony DVP-S9000ES - Klipsch RF7's

SVS 20-39 CS Plus - Samson S1000 - HSU Research elec. crossover - MIT/Monsters

f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>c>s>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>

I had a similar experience with my ex-girlfriend when I got my Ultras.

Day 1 Ex What are those things ? I said What ?

Day 2 Ex Those look like black water heaters. I said What ?

Day 3 Ex Those things are too loud. I said What ?

Day 4 Ex I cant stand it here anymore. I said What ?

Day 5 Ex Im moving out ! I said What ?

Day 6 Ex ............... I said Ahhhhhhhhhhhh .

Day 7 The Lord of the house admired his home theater and rested.

cwm11.gif

This message has been edited by BBB on 06-04-2002 at 10:41 PM

LOL,

When I looked at those things on the net, my first thought was....You Guessed it...That thing looks like a water heater...

Second thought, if I put a plant on it might look better. Nope hole on top.

Hmmm how about a dust ruffle? Nah.

Maybe I'll name it, put funny ears on it, and just pretend it is a very large stationary pet, it won't eat much. Well, I couldn't go there either.

Finally I decided that until I upgrade my house to accomdate my mental HT upgrades, that I just dont have room for a 39 inch tall (or taller egads) hot water heater. Then again, I've never heard one of those suckers.

cwm17.gif

Ah, cluless but if you did hear that clear, crisp, power bass seamlessly integrated with your Klipsch system with nary a regret on HT or music... then, my friend, the visions of sugar plum bass dance in your head. Personally, I went beyond the water heater look to the 7' fuzzy column look by standing two Ultras foot-to-foot in a custom chrome triangle holder. The advantage is that you have a small 16" footprint and maximize the effect of two subs in a corner... plus you get more of a boost from the ceiling... it returns meaning to that oft use word, "AWESOME."

The joy of such an SVS Subwoofer TowerED is that it is cat-quick on music and utterly profound on HT. The neatest part is that the dual unit is so free of harmonics that the bass seems to be coming from the KLF-30 playing the upper range (localized portion) of the sound... instead of the Subwoofer Tower. And since I've set the other speakers to "SMALL" they are free to perform even better on the mid-tones then when they had the "LARGE" responsibilities.

And, with their fuzzy industrial fabric covering, image what a cat could do with a 7' scratching/climbing post... -HornED

PS: I checked out the pounce potential on ProMedia 5.1. Are you a pod person?

Horn Ed - Jeez, another con - these wire munching fur-balls would just love a new scratching post. They'd have it stripped and shredded in a days time. Hey, and it just won't fit...now.

BTW..When I saw the pod post, the brain went pod...cod...suits of armour..and I realized that anything that my twisted neural pathways would come up with would probably not fly at all with the pod people. And wan't there a strange sci-fi B-movie of days of yore about pod people? They hatched out of milk-weed like pods (silk and all).cwm31.gif

Yeah, cluless, but wouldn't it be fun taking photos of them attacking 7' of fuzzy cylinders that are making SPL delicious low moans? Hmm, who knows after the attack of the cat personages... maybe it would fit the room once clawed down to size... but it would then probably sound like two tweeter-birds under "puttytat" duress.

Oh, and thanks for the "pod, cod, suits of amour" explanation... that's a whole lot more romantic than the hackervision codpiece notions that jumped out of my visit to podville... definitely not a suitor for me... so I didn't leave tracks either.

Were you thinking of the cult classic "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" perchance... I think that was somewhat this side of yore... and on the seedy milkweedy side of far out obstetrics. Wow, at last I am beginning to understand the spin of my 33 1/3 year-old son. My favorite ex-wife must be a pod-person!

Egad, 'tis not the cluless you are but the clues you sew into the mental fabric of gullible mankind that is the secret to your power... like beguiling kittens training their smitten "master-in-his-mind-only" food and audio provider. Yep the podsters had a narrow escape... and may know naught of it... unless they read "True Pod-Cod Confessions" of working above and beyond the net!

And as the phat light dimmed upon the thread the woof howled but the warp remained steadfast... only in the peanut-pod gallery was heard the cry of, "Phare out!" -foggy HornED, itinerant knight errant at your service.

This message has been edited by HornEd on 06-06-2002 at 05:19 PM

C'MON HORN-ED,

If you really want to say something...go ahead and spit it out...you dont need to always be so clever, or obscure...when what you really mean is....

"Oh what ensnarled arachnid homesteads we create using looms". WHHHHEEEEEE

cwm29.gif

(I don't think I have have a dead hit here - oh well)

Invasion of the body snatchers...yep i think that's it.