A prank upon me....

Coytee

I mentioned this earlier today and still get a kick out of it, even though it was at my expense. So, I'll mention it here. Perhaps others have some fun stories.

Backstory: In college near hometown, there is a pizza place that if you grow up there, is going to perhaps be the best pizza in the world to you. I had a roommate who was a diehard jokester, never letting a chance to bust your chops go by. We would literally STOP making dinner while at school, drive an hour away to order.... spend an hour waiting & eating and another hour to drive back to school. There are many in the town who make the place a ritual on a weekend night. Yeah, we all have them, it's one of those fantastic places [Y]

Fast forward to a number of years ago, (20+ after school) and I get a call from my old friend who's driving from Ohio to South Carolina. Asking if he might stop my way and visit for lunch. He's got a surprise for me.

As it turns out, it was short notice and it didn't happen. Upon my getting home though, I found a large pizza box from Chesters that he ordered/bought and hand delivered to me that day for my enjoyment [Y]

http://www.chesterspizza.com/

I was feeling some serious luv for this guy as genuine acts of him going out of his way for someone else were not too frequent while in school.

Mouth watering, I scooped it up, went inside and turned the oven on.... heavy with anticipation, the temperature light could NOT go out fast enough for me.

Finally, the temp light blinked out and it was time to slide the pizza in the oven to finish it off. (it was a half baked so you finish it at home)

I'm sure I had saliva smearing my face.... I open the box.... and find that he's already eaten the entire pizza and has taped two 2x4 pieces of wood to the center of the box.

I was 100% had, yet again.

Today, we still come to near tears when we talk about this. There is nothing that I can comprehend doing back to him that would come close to being such a thorough & effective gotcha as he got me. It was a classic when you know the entire background and the love we all have for the place.

• Moderators

That's funny, but unlike a guy who hauled BBQ and real homemade tasting ice cream across country for others in Indy, he actually showed up with the real thing !

And it was good [:P][{]

You guys are killing me!

I was actually writing this post, hoping that others might share times when they had a very good prank pulled on them that they can admit was 100% and still laugh about.

Any takers?