Ann Curry

Rick

I would really like to know the true reason for her being made "scape goat" for the loss in ratings for the Today Show.

She always seemed to me to be very professional in performing her duties on NBC.

I would really like to know the true reason for her being made "scape goat" for the loss in ratings for the Today Show.

She always seemed to me to be very professional in performing her duties on NBC.

I agree Boxx, she's a true professional... Well, I'll be looking out for her on other programs (including the Olympic Games), that's for sure...

Here's a link to her tearful goodbye:

http://allday.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/28/12455567-ann-curry-announces-new-role-at-nbc-news?lite

Shes not young enough for them anymore? Look at her replacement.

I doubt it's an age issue, if you look at other older, well-regarded hosts. Curry's personality seems to have a ceiling on how much lift she gives the conversation. Savannah Guthrie shines in that department, and can handle any in-depth national and international policy that comes up with great confidence and skill. See http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/06/29/savannah-guthrie-named-today-co-anchor/140001/. I've missed her presence on Chuck Todd's show on MSNBC. She has an extraordinary background IMO.<p>

Savannah was one of the old Court TV lawyer stars who've done very well since their high-quality diaspora to other programs and networks -- like Cynthia McFadden, now at ABC, and Jean Casarez, who received a Peabody award in 2010 for her reporting on the Gulf oil spill on CNN and does frequent reporting on Court TV's successor, TruTV. They were an amazing group.

But, yes, Curry is a reassuring and very capable reporter, and I hope she shows up elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Shes not young enough for them anymore? Look at her replacement.

If she were Alan Greenspan's wife, she might still have a job.

She could move over to the FOX Network... Opps, they have already met their quota of "non" blonds... lol.

• 1 month later...

I stopped watching Today show a long time ago. I remember when Tom Brokaw and Jane Pauly were on it. I could take Bryant Gumbel and really like him on his HBO sports show, Katie was just fine but I can't stand Matt Lauer and really stopped watching when I knew they weren't gonna get rid of him after he replaced Gumbel. Ann is ok as a co-host, just a little mousey. I mean I am sure she is a great person, but at that spot you can't take ship from no.